Why a six year old shouldn't be left in a car alone....on a hill

webfact

Why a six year old shouldn't be left in a car alone....on a hill

s5a.jpg
Image: Daily News

NAKHON SAWAN: -- There was yet another lesson for adults as to why it might not be a good idea to leave a young child alone in a car. This was not a case of suffocation but one that nearly resulted in a serious accident all the same.

Two men - who happened to be twins - had taken a six year old boy who was a relative of theirs on a Sunday outing to the Sawan public park in Nakorn Sawan yesterday, reported Daily News.

The grown-ups talked for half an hour and the six year old grew restless and asked to sleep in their Isuzu D-max pick-up that was parked under some trees up an incline away from the lake.

The boy was left in the pick-up alone while the men continued their chat. In no time the vehicle rolled down the incline and only stopped from going into the lake head first when the chassis got caught on the edge of the lake and came to a halt.

"I had no idea he would take the handbrake off, " said pick-up owner Saranyu Boribunsinsiri, aged 40.

A fire department tow truck was called but couldn't drag it off the concrete. So ten passers by helped out, five on each side, to lift the vehicle so that the truck could pull it clear. The pick-up was undamaged.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-18

A fire department tow truck was called but couldn't drag it off the concrete. So ten passers by helped out, five on each side, to lift the vehicle so that the truck could pull it clear. The pick-up was undamaged.

Good luck that not more happened, as not too many Thais are good swimmers.

And to get the boy out of a sinking car isn't really easy.

Edited by lostinisaan

sure was lucky for the man, he didn't lose his ute

(oh yeah - for not drowning the kid too)

lifting the vehicle could have been scary - especially for the elimination of the friction upon lifting, which was all that was keeping his precious baby dry up till then...

... yeah yeah yeah, i know I know - there was a rope hopefully still attached to the FD truck...

I would have though a blanket by the lake beside the men would have been a better sleeping place for the child.

Unless they had the engine running and the air-con working, which is a whole new can of worms.

Edited by MissAndry

My son was driving a car at six years old...all you nervous nellies...don't do this...don't do that....why?

Because that's what you learned/brainwashed back in the motherland?

School teacher in the UK fired because he didn't do a written risk assessment for some kids playing some game....spare me.

Well guess what, people do make mistakes and people do get hurt and killed, fact of life, deal with it.

No wonder some Thais hate some foreigners here - I'm getting the same way myself with all the keyboard warriors trying to impose their views on the whole Thai population.

Thank God TVF is just the equivalent to a bench seat outside a post office where the grumpy old gits can sit and moan all day, while the general population take no notice of them apart from the occasional sad knowing smile that says 'you poor old bugger - you achieved nothing in your life and how you hope that someone somewhere will listen to you".

Guess what...they don't.

Many hear but few will listen - certainly not the decision makers in Thailand.

Carry on chaps - keep whining - there is some perverse entertainment value in it.

My son was driving a car at six years old...all you nervous nellies...don't do this...don't do that....why?

Because that's what you learned/brainwashed back in the motherland?

School teacher in the UK fired because he didn't do a written risk assessment for some kids playing some game....spare me.

Well guess what, people do make mistakes and people do get hurt and killed, fact of life, deal with it.

No wonder some Thais hate some foreigners here - I'm getting the same way myself with all the keyboard warriors trying to impose their views on the whole Thai population.

Thank God TVF is just the equivalent to a bench seat outside a post office where the grumpy old gits can sit and moan all day, while the general population take no notice of them apart from the occasional sad knowing smile that says 'you poor old bugger - you achieved nothing in your life and how you hope that someone somewhere will listen to you".

Guess what...they don't.

Many hear but few will listen - certainly not the decision makers in Thailand.

Carry on chaps - keep whining - there is some perverse entertainment value in it.

< Amen>