Threatening to kill a family menber

bkkheat

Stop with the silly emails for a start .If you consider this threat as serious you or your daughter can make a personal complaint at the police station.

They will issue a written report of your complaint .Once advised you have made a report if the person continues to make threats more serious action at your request will ensue .I had problems with my gay neighbors Thai boyfriend and the police where most helpful in assisting me prevent further problems.

I'm asking a public forum as I'm sure there are a few nutters in Thailand and I'm sure these things have happen before.

As I've said previously that I don't think he has it in him, but would like to know some advise on other ways to deal with him.

You don't have any good friends living in Thailand that can visit this guy?

I'm sure your wife or the mother of your child knows someone..

Just making that type of threat, I'd go nuts..

But you seem to feel comfortable with your decision..

And hopefully, when you visit your ex-business partner in a couple of months, means more than just a discussion!

sipi, on 20 Jul 2016 - 07:39, said:

An email is physical evidence. Print it out and take it to the cops in Australia.

And in Thailand as well, here they take threats of bodily harm very seriously, go and repot him

ASAP and put an end to this nutter, just show him that he doesn't live in a jungle.....

Correct, and ignore advice relating to him as being a "dead man" if it was their daughter. Not much good for a daughter having a father doing a life sentence in a prison.

Latest update he has had his visa cancelled as there are multiple allegations against him already which the police let him know.

Police said he is due in court in a week to decide his visa cancelled and deportation.

Ex father in law turns out the director general of the labor department is his high school friend who helped him get into power and he gave home his word that he will be blacklisted and sent home, which he has already burned bridges over there.

All in all a good result, the police and father in laws friend handled it quickly, but obviously a donation to the police made it personal as the same guy has dealt with him before in another case.

Thanks for allege input and advice, this case is closed

I'm asking a public forum as I'm sure there are a few nutters in Thailand and I'm sure these things have happen before.

As I've said previously that I don't think he has it in him, but would like to know some advise on other ways to deal with him.

You do have Cahones right ? Or Not.

What are Cahones? A kind of fried bread? Or are you thinking of Cohan the Barbarian? I entertained the idea you might be thinking of the Spanish word "cojones," but surely you would know how to spell it.

I think if I was out of the country, I would call the Legal attaché (usually a police officer) at my embassy in Bangkok. They also have very good contacts with the local police force at a very high level.

Ok, a bit more advice. Make a donation, maybe 2,000, 3,000 baht to the BIB party fund. Will definitely produce better result.

I accept most on here bag the Thai police, but I've them helpful when approached with a genuine concern, not time wasting nonsense.

But again, just my opinion.

An email is physical evidence. Print it out and take it to the cops in Australia.

Correct, the AFP have a number of liaison officers based in Thailand so I would make a complaint to them and see what it brings. Likely only a visit from the locals but it will probably scare the him enough.

...sounds like that individual has jealousy and resentment issues....

...but it also sounds like he is betraying his ill intentions....

...and of course his primitive psychology wants to instill fear in you...because this person surely has emotional/spiritual issues...

...so I would take this seriously....

...and a death threat in itself.....warrants a police report in the least...to begin....and immediately.....immediately.....

...and of course his primitive psychology wants to instill fear in you...because this person surely has emotional/spiritual issues...

...and a death threat in itself.....warrants a police report in the least...to begin....and immediately.....immediately.....

...and believe me...let them get in the general vicinity with a few details...and mention 'farang'..

..he will be directed to where he wants to go...immediately...by 100 people....

And in Thailand as well, here they take threats of bodily harm very seriously, go and repot him

ASAP and put an end to this nutter, just show him that he doesn't live in a jungle.....

Can't see how a threat by a Thai person on the life of another Thai person, both in Thailand - has anything to do with the Australian police...

In Thailand, a threat is just a threat and police can't act on it unless he tries to actually harm her. So reporting it to police will - well, you first have to find out which police station has jurisdiction in your case, could be the station in the area your daughter lives or the one near where he lives... - but in any case all you'll get is a piece of official police paper saying you have reported something to them. They'll have it in their log books and that's it. No further action will be taken.

I would take it seriously and not just ignore it.

Keep copies of his emails and get back to Thailand, in the meanwhile put your wife or anyone else you can enrol on alert to watch over your daughter.

Don't rush straight in violently with this guy when you do arrive though, unlike many idiots on here suggesting 'he would be a dead man', you can hardly be much use to your wife and daughter from a jail cell.

Edited by jacko45k

Read the story of bang bang. They don't take the threats that seriously.

Hi,

I had a bad business partner last year, was always drunk and made bad decisions.

Recently we been exchanging silly emails but the last one he said he will kill my daughter who is in Thailand and I'm in Australia for a few more months.

My ex says I should just ignore it, but this guy is a bit of a nutter and would like to know if by only having an email, can I do anything about it.

Otherwise I will just give him a visit when I arrive

Sounds like he wasn't the only one making bad decisions.

Man up get on the next flight to Thailand.

Go see him get him sorted, Life is cheap here, not a lot of money to hire someone to do things like he is threatening.

i see theirs a lot of wana be gangsters here with all the macho talk and basically that is all it is.

Everyone sees things differently , but if someone threatened my daughter,

he is automatically a dead man......

get your ass home and arm yourself, with some kind of weapon, face the bastard and be ready to hurt him bad! it has to be bad or he will come after your family when you are not around. there are other things you can do but it would be unlawful to post them here, but I will tell you a story. in 1970 a taxi driver shot one of out flight crew member in Ubon because the taxi drivers wife was going to run off with the G.I. the police at that time could care less, so we hired a known Thai that we trusted to go after the taxi driver who had fled to laos and reach out and touch him! we required proof of the touhhcing, withing two weeks we had the proof. it cost us seven hundred dollars which was a fortune at the time but it did get the job done!

get your ass home and arm yourself, with some kind of weapon, face the bastard and be ready to hurt him bad! it has to be bad or he will come after your family when you are not around. there are other things you can do but it would be unlawful to post them here, but I will tell you a story. in 1970 a taxi driver shot one of out flight crew member in Ubon because the taxi drivers wife was going to run off with the G.I. the police at that time could care less, so we hired a known Thai that we trusted to go after the taxi driver who had fled to laos and reach out and touch him! we required proof of the touhhcing, withing two weeks we had the proof. it cost us seven hundred dollars which was a fortune at the time but it did get the job done!

I wonder if there is a statute of limitations on contract murder?

You are a brave man posting this on here. I sincerely hope you don't actually live in Thailand as you could be in for an interesting time with your next interaction with immigration.

Possibly also in your home country - presumably the USA - someone may be very interested in your confession.

I wonder if there is a statute of limitations on contract murder?

You are a brave man posting this on here. I sincerely hope you don't actually live in Thailand as you could be in for an interesting time with your next interaction with immigration.

Possibly also in your home country - presumably the USA - someone may be very interested in your confession.

He was one of the first victims of a touched up photo.

A story from 1970 and advising someone in 2016 with impeccable grammar, thanks for the humour.

Correct, and ignore advice relating to him as being a "dead man" if it was their daughter. Not much good for a daughter having a father doing a life sentence in a prison.

If the treat became real and his daughter is killed by this guy..

Then what?

A few years in prison would be a better option..

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2016 at 9:02 AM, bkkheat said:

I think you are a little Troll