Local police chief loses job for not reporting 8-year-old-vandals

webfact

A district police chief axed for failure to report on the tearing up a list of eligible voters

145_Tear-up-wpcf_728x409.jpg

KAMPHAENG PHET: -- The chief of Chanuworalak Buri district police in Kamphaeng Phet province has ordered transferred to an inactive post at the 6th provincial police bureau pending an investigation for his alleged failure to report to his superior an incident about the tearing of a list of eligible voters allegedly by a young girl.

The transfer of Pol Col Itthi Chamnanmor, superintendent of Chanuworalak Buri district police, was ordered by Pol Lt-Gen Chonnasit Wattanawarangkoon, commissioner of the 6th provincial police bureau.

Pol Col Krisna Patthanacharoen, deputy spokesman of the National Police Office , said that Pol Col Choonasit’s transfer stemmed from the latter’s failure to report about the incident involving two school girls who tore up a list of eligible voters pasted up in the information board in their school.

Both girls later told police that they didn’t know what the list was all about but found it colourful and decided to tear it off.

However, the deputy spokesmen said parents of the two girls were later summoned to see the police and to acknowledge the charges against their children.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/district-police-chief-axed-failure-report-tearing-list-eligible-voters/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-07-21

Possibly - and just for a change - the officer was using logic in deciding whether it really was worth the hassle (or whether it was even appropriate) to report, and perhaps prosecute, two eight-year-olds for tearing up some paper. Perhaps he felt a dressing down was sufficient, and perhaps he gave them one?

Are the two girls going to be publicly executed or is it going to be on a military base?

No execution, but they will be detained on a base for several days to administer an "Attitude Adjustment".

The poor guy is punished for the massive loss of face incurred by the NCPO that blamed it on political opponents. ("It is believed that it was an act of those with different stances from the government's," Col Piyapong said.)cheesy.gif

You beat me to it, You are spot on, the NCPO making more wild claims and then being shown to be nothing but stupid,.

So now some one must pay for loss of face, so first the police chief then don't be surprised if they go after the 8 year old girls claiming they were influenced by evil intentioned individuals and groups.

Also why is an 8 year old signing a legal document? was a lawyer present? was the parent present? were the parents told that the girls must sign the document? is this legal in LOS?

But ok now, go after this cop, but the cops that forced confessions from "lady Kai" victims are all ok and no problem. priority's.

Young girls removing paper to play with, poor people picking mushrooms form a national park for food? These are the serious crimes they go after here?

Murder, human trafficking.... not a problem if you are connected!!!

The regional commander should be fired instantly and let the cop he fired take his place.

Could anyone explain to me why a welfare receiver forgetting to declare a gift of 250 euro from a friend gets a 7-day prison sentence and a lowering of his welfare with 25%, while a big time tax dodger probably owing around 2 million euro in unpaid taxes can not be brought to justice?

This is in Europe.

Just to illustrate that the rich and influential will nearly always be able to do what they want.

Everywhere in the world.

Right. So no need to do anything then - it happens everywhere else as well.

That's a relief then, mine's a pint.

Winnie

Did not say that, nor did imply that.

My issue was that small fry always get, well, fried, while big fry, mostly escape the frying pan.

Justice should be meted out, not only to little people, but also to the rich and "influential".

Young girls removing paper to play with, poor people picking mushrooms form a national park for food? These are the serious crimes they go after here?

Murder, human trafficking.... not a problem if you are connected!!!

The regional commander should be fired instantly and let the cop he fired take his place.

Could anyone explain to me why a welfare receiver forgetting to declare a gift of 250 euro from a friend gets a 7-day prison sentence and a lowering of his welfare with 25%, while a big time tax dodger probably owing around 2 million euro in unpaid taxes can not be brought to justice?

This is in Europe.

Just to illustrate that the rich and influential will nearly always be able to do what they want.

Everywhere in the world.

Right. So no need to do anything then - it happens everywhere else as well.

That's a relief then, mine's a pint.

Winnie

Did not say that, nor did imply that.

My issue was that small fry always get, well, fried, while big fry, mostly escape the frying pan.

Justice should be meted out, not only to little people, but also to the rich and "influential".

Perhaps I misunderstood, in which case I apologise. I sometimes get flak for what some of the illiterati quaintly referred to as Thai-bashing. They much prefer to whine and grovel and wai all over the place to what they seem to believe is more advanced civilisation, rather than a primitive, only-barely-out-of the-stone-age society. One of their favourite devices to excuse the inexcusable, is to claim that their excesses happen everywhere, so we should just accept rather than criticise. This is a wholly specious argument, but mostly they lack the intellect to understand that. Bad behaviour is bad behaviour everywhere. Sex in public sex in public everywhere and should be discouraged by law. The same applies to all the other flaws in what is essentially, a lawless society, the law is not designed to constrain behaviour, but to fulfil the ambitions of the already rich.

Once again if I assume something incorrect, or jump to an incorrect conclusion, I apologise. I probably need a cup of tea.

Winnie

It shows the mentality of Thailand after the coup. Some rich kid kills a cop, no big deal, but coming down

hard on an eight year sound totally ridiculous.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." - Mark Twain

Some rich kid kills a cop nearly 3 years before the Thailand takeover.........and was allowed to run free under Yingluck. Now he is being asked to account............................coffee1.gif

FOOLS, ALL OF YOU!!!

Don't you see that Thaksin possessed the soul of this policeman simply to discredit the junta? There was no piece of paper either, it was an optical illusion transported via telekinesis from Dubai...?