How much would you pay for a Phuket pineapple?

webfact

How much would you pay for a Phuket pineapple?
Phuket Gazette

pa.jpg

We asked Phuket Town visitors how much they would pay for a Phuket Pineapple, their answers might surprise the Pracha Rath Rak Samakkee middlemen. Video:PGTV

PHUKET: -- Pineapples, batik, goat milk and lobster will be branded and promoted by Pracha Rath Rak Samakkee to help boost the province’s grassroots agricultural economy.

Pracha Rath Rak Samakkee Phuket was first launched on March 31, as a government-backed corporation with the aim of developing and promoting the province’s strengths, such as tourism, agriculture and locally-produced goods under the One Tambon One Product (OTOP) banner.

“There is much local wisdom surrounding these agricultural products, which are high-quality products worthy of a place on the international market, but have never been effectively marketed due to a lack of local marketing skills,” said Pracha Rath’s Orasa Tosawang on July 8.

“Now it’s time to bring about change by helping promote these grassroots enterprises and improve their standard of living,” said Ms Orasa.

Initiated by Interior Minister Anupong Paochinda, the Pracha Rath project’s ultimate goal is to boost local economies through collaboration between the government, the private sector and local communities.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/How-would-pay-a-Phuket-pineapple/65245?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-07-22

Good luck with selling them for that! Phuket pineapples are small, and the past couple years rather dry. My wife is amazed by how juicy and sweet the ones we get in California from Hawaii are for about 100 Baht, and they aren't small like the Thai ones!

Good luck with selling them for that! Phuket pineapples are small, and the past couple years rather dry. My wife is amazed by how juicy and sweet the ones we get in California from Hawaii are for about 100 Baht, and they aren't small like the Thai ones!

same goes for thai mango........too bland

jeez where do you guys shop for food? patong?

There's some really good fruits in Thailand, as long as its freshly picked. Tesco/Big C don't usualy have the best ones...

Phuket pineapple is renowned throughout Thailand for its sweetness.

Used to be grown in between rows of young rubber trees.

Every year on Thepkrasetri (sp), close to the airport, there are rows of vendors selling by the side of the road.

Last year, they were going for 25 Bt a piece.

A flame has been removed

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

When i buy pineapples in BKK the price is always between 20-40 baht for a baggy. I still don't know which ones are the best, sri racha or phuket. Those very small ones are also great though, tennisball size.

But Thailand is just expensive for fruit, in Europe they sell imported mango's in supermarkets for 2 euro a piece, those are huge and more then 1 kg a piece. The supermarkets are clean, organised, no long qeueu's and always show the pricetags.

Pineapples take 2 years to grow is what i heard, which is long. But many fit on a field and they use Burmese to work the land. So i think a big whole pineapple along the road should not cost more then 40 baht.

I normally buy pineapples from the local market for 10-20 Baht. The bonus is that the lovely seller lady peels the pineapple for me and cut's it's to 4 parts. I have tried to do it myself, it wasn't pretty sight :)

This way I only have to put the parts to the freezer and enjoy 4 natural 'ice creams' after 6 hours of cooling.

Delicious.

post-58566-0-05691500-1469250219_thumb.p

There's some really good fruits in Thailand, as long as its freshly picked. Tesco/Big C don't usualy have the best ones...

yes Thai fruits are of better quality than many of the Asean peers.

we must admit that fruits have become pricier in the last couple of years.

this issue is subjective.

someone paid more than USD300,00 per grape (no typo).

it depended upon the rarity, the quality and d purchasing power of the buyer.

one to two bahts is the average price for the normal fruit (small sized).

Right... I've had a house in Rawai for over 11 years and my wife and I buy our local fruit and produce at Big C and Tesco... Really? Brilliant comment...

this issue is subjective.

someone paid more than USD300,00 per grape (no typo).

it depended upon the rarity, the quality and d purchasing power of the buyer.

one to two bahts is the average price for the normal fruit (small sized).

One or, two baht?

No way.

Perhaps "The Phuket Pineapple Growers Association" will be formed soon. cheesy.gif

There already is one.

Phuket Pineapple is registered with WIPO for its geographical indications.

Umm, thankyou for that useful piece of information, but I think you missed the gist of my post. :)

i agree with you, there is a huge difference between thai mango and cambodian mango.

Thai mango are usually small and yelllowish. In other side, cambodiam mango are huge, tastier, and juicy.

The difference is because, cambodian land are better for fruits and vegetables products.

What a load of Shit,,,,a proper grown big sweet pineapple today in Australia THB 58.50 per pineapple Who in their right mind would want to buy that shit here.

I thought the topic was pineapples and not excrement.