Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if there is a known issue of visitors using fake passports

and fake ID then immigration must consider bio-metric scanning

at all entry/exit points.

curious as to whether this guy had valid visa for thailand. he has

made a mockery of the thai immigration system and deserves deterrent

sentence. his activities can seriously compromise the security of the

country, particularly, in relevance to terrorism.

"he has made a mockery of the thai immigration system"

The same Thai Immigration system that arrested him, so they must be doing something right. Fake passports and illegal immigrants are a problem world-wide and certainly not just in Thailand.

Most countries have people who are found to have entered illegally and many transnational criminals seem to easily slip through immigrations in western countries and are able to exit those countries despite having been convicted of crimes.

It Italy recently it was found that a gang, including Italian immigrations officials, were selling fake Italian passports to people in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan. Some fake Italian passports have been used by those who ended up in Molenbeek in Brussels where the Paris terrorists were from.

The immigration take your bio-metric photo. But nothing more.

If they do for everyone a bio-metric search you must wait days or weeks to enter Thailand.

This is not possible.

Do not all passports have RFID and are scanned at the border?

I suspect these were using for bank fraud.. renting and stealing cars and not to travel.

The immigration take your bio-metric photo. But nothing more.

If they do for everyone a bio-metric search you must wait days or weeks to enter Thailand.

This is not possible.

Do not all passports have RFID and are scanned at the border?

I suspect these were using for bank fraud.. renting and stealing cars and not to travel.

Yes, but the forgers can forge them too, my views are the RFID device should only contain a code that allows authorised users to call up the bio-metric data of that particular passport, from a national database of the country that issued the passport.

re-entered using a fake passport to continue his counterfeiting operation and known for some time?

He's sold thousands of fake passports and in Thailand illegally but police were just monitoring him for some time. The delay seems incongruent as he is a one-man operation. Might some police have covertly taken advantage of his services for nefarious reasons?

I thought I readhe was not a ne-man operation?

I thought ne-man was invading Europe.

Police ... believe Bhori had been arrested and deported from Thailand previously but re-entered using a fake passport to continue his counterfeiting operation.

Don't give THIS guy bail! Refer to the circus with the Iranian Seyed Ramin Miraziz Paknejad (http://www.chiangraitimes.com/international-forger-seyed-ramin-found-with-kiwi-passports.html)!

I can't believe they granted this guy bail,....they must be dumber or more corrupt than i already suspected !?!? this guy would have every reason to jump bail and disappear ....!

Things have changed a little--about 18 years ago when I was renting a house in Pattaya they were building a block of shop houses down the road, I came flying around the corner with my then girlfriend on the back of the bike......all the workers were in a row singing away while the police stood by walking up and down the row.

Latter I asked my GF what was all that about----she said oh, probably had complaints about some workers from Lao or Cambodia being there, so they line them up and make them sing the national anthem ---they had better know every verse or there off to the station.

I don't know all the verses to the Oz anthem----so I said to her supposing they don't know all the words, I then got that "Are you for real" look , so I didn't mention about the Oz one........coffee1.gif

I can confirm your statement, My girlfriend at the time (My wife now) told me also that they test suspected foreign illegal workers by having them sing the Thai National Anthem....contrary to my countrymen, every Thai knows the National Anthem !!! and on certain words and phrases only Thais can pronounce correctly...!

Best regards.

When you consider that a passport needs to have a photo with an actual likeness to the bearer, does this guy really have 1000 customers waiting for delivery??

Or- maybe that is why they are only 6000 THB each. Quantity over quality.

He must be rather good at his 'trade', if he can produce an Aussie passport.

These are all electronic, and apparently have an electronic code in them of the bearer's photo and bio.

He'll be able to earn tea money from his fellow inmates in forging 'early remission' passes.

Things have changed a little--about 18 years ago when I was renting a house in Pattaya they were building a block of shop houses down the road, I came flying around the corner with my then girlfriend on the back of the bike......all the workers were in a row singing away while the police stood by walking up and down the row.

Latter I asked my GF what was all that about----she said oh, probably had complaints about some workers from Lao or Cambodia being there, so they line them up and make them sing the national anthem ---they had better know every verse or there off to the station.

I don't know all the verses to the Oz anthem----so I said to her supposing they don't know all the words, I then got that "Are you for real" look , so I didn't mention about the Oz one........coffee1.gif

I can confirm your statement, My girlfriend at the time (My wife now) told me also that they test suspected foreign illegal workers by having them sing the Thai National Anthem....contrary to my countrymen, every Thai knows the National Anthem !!! and on certain words and phrases only Thais can pronounce correctly...!

Best regards.

Well, they would go and change the anthem after I'd left school!! biggrin.png

Police ... believe Bhori had been arrested and deported from Thailand previously but re-entered using a fake passport to continue his counterfeiting operation.

Don't give THIS guy bail! Refer to the circus with the Iranian Seyed Ramin Miraziz Paknejad (http://www.chiangraitimes.com/international-forger-seyed-ramin-found-with-kiwi-passports.html)!

Again RTP have made a fool of themselves, hope the give him a harsh punishment this time and not accept the famous brown envelope.

Edited by bander

Bet my last dime he is behind the muslim "invasion" to Thailand.

This year 4-500 muslims have "invaded" a small village in Pattaya.

So far I have not seen anybody leaving on visa runs and they are only out in night time.

Maybe time for a crackdown by the immigration to check fake passports?

Poor man, obviously suffering from a multiple personality disorder.

1,000 * 6,000 THB? Not bad for a travel to Europe, where passport users get caught and returned to their home countries. Those European countries actually benefit from Thai police work, hopefully the pay Thai police.

The Pakistani is probably just a pawn in this "game" called international human trafficking.

curious as to whether this guy had valid visa for thailand. he has

made a mockery of the thai immigration system and deserves deterrent

sentence. his activities can seriously compromise the security of the

country, particularly, in relevance to terrorism.

New passports or systems also bring new problems.

I have the most new passportmodel of Europe but when i visited Tokyo the immigration couldn't scan it like they always do. Their scanner doesn't work with the latest models he told me.

I mean....are there places on the world who have more/better technology then the Japanese?

Fake passports are even more dangerous as fake creditcards. This guy should be locked up forever.

they acknowledge that they can not be certain of his true identity

Police added that they believe Bhori had been arrested and deported from Thailand previously

One of the first things that the police should have done is fingerprinted him and compared his prints to the ones they have on file from when he was arrested the last time.

I know that the Thai Police Force are seen by some as archaic and incompetent but surely they must take and file prints when they arrest someone, they cannot be that far behind the rest of the world.

When you consider that a passport needs to have a photo with an actual likeness to the bearer, does this guy really have 1000 customers waiting for delivery??

Or- maybe that is why they are only 6000 THB each. Quantity over quality.

The phot is the last thing added duh.

Police added that they believe Bhori had been arrested and deported from Thailand previously

One of the first things that the police should have done is fingerprinted him and compared his prints to the ones they have on file from when he was arrested the last time.

I know that the Thai Police Force are seen by some as archaic and incompetent but surely they must take and file prints when they arrest someone, they cannot be that far behind the rest of the world.

Jesus man think about it, if they did not know what name he was deported under under how could they link this with a new name new passport, run fingerprints of every one who enters Thailand through a data base of all deportees. We know the reputation of the bib, but when they go after someone I am amazed at how often and how quick they have their man, or at least someone they can blame.

Jesus man think about it, if they did not know what name he was deported under under how could they link this with a new name new passport, run fingerprints of every one who enters Thailand through a data base of all deportees. We know the reputation of the bib, but when they go after someone I am amazed at how often and how quick they have their man, or at least someone they can blame.

One of the statements that I highlighted stated that they believed that the guy had been arrested before, this means that they are still not sure if it is the same man as in the previous case.

It doesn't matter what name or passport he was deported under, comparing the fingerprints of the suspect in their custody would tell them whether this man was the same man who they believe had been arrested in the past.

It ain't rocket surgery, Sherlock.

Edited by Truscott