SETV in Laos

Iam hearing so many rumours regarding the above and the fact that they are no longer allowed, they dont let you back into the country etc. I have 1 recent land crossing SETV. does anyone actually know the truth about what the situation is at present?

Assuming you really mean you have an SETV (a visa) you will have no problems entering Thailand. If you try for too many visas at the consulates in Vientiane and Svannakhet, they may refuse to issue you any more visas.

What you have probably been hearing is that visa exempt entries (entering Thailand without a visa) is not as automatic as in the past. If you have several prior visa exempt entries, or are trying to use them back-to-back, you may be interrogated to evaluate whether you are a genuine tourist. Denial of entry is possible. The chances of being denied entry vary according to the border post (and sometimes the individual immigration official you are lucky or unlucky enough to encounter).

• Like 1

What is required for the SETV?

Only two photos and the application?

Thanks

In Laos your passport plus copy of photo page, two 3.5 X 4.5 photos attached to a completed application form, copy of Lao visa/entry stamp and 1000 baht for the fee.

Thanks

In Laos your passport plus copy of photo page, two 3.5 X 4.5 photos attached to a completed application form, copy of Lao visa/entry stamp and 1000 baht for the fee.

Hi chaps sorry but are talking about using laos as a non visa required entry point and leaving every 30 days to get re-issued and maybe a good idea to mix it at times tourist visa and 30 day entry. I ask as I am getting questioned a lot on arrival to bkk about my visa stamps and being accused of working here. Last time I just told them my mrs lives here and the female officer stopped questioning me and stamped me thru

Hi chaps sorry but are talking about using laos as a non visa required entry point and leaving every 30 days to get re-issued and maybe a good idea to mix it at times tourist visa and 30 day entry. I ask as I am getting questioned a lot on arrival to bkk about my visa stamps and being accused of working here. Last time I just told them my mrs lives here and the female officer stopped questioning me and stamped me thru

No we are not. Once you get to a point of having many visa exempt entries you can be questioned at any entry point.

Best to get a tourist visa to avoid problems.

If your "Mrs" is Thai and you are legally married you could get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage.

IMO, not a good idea to "mix in" any Visa Exempt entries, unless you only stay in Thailand for a short time each year. They are counted cumulatively - forever (as far as we know). I would not try to enter at an airport on Visa-Exempt, given the IO can look at my visa-history and see I stay here most of the time on Tourist Visas.

If, for whatever reason, you are denied a Tourist Visa at a nearby consulate, you might need to use a Visa Exempt as a last-resort - so I reserve them for this purpose. Should that happen, I would only re-enter by land, to avoid a potential forced-trip on a last-minute ticket to the other side of the planet.

Thanks

Are they strict regarding size of the photos? I think mine are 4.5 x 5.5.

Were can one photocopy and or get proper pictures?

Thanks

Thanks

Are they strict regarding size of the photos? I think mine are 4.5 x 5.5.

Were can one photocopy and or get proper pictures?

Thanks

There is no room on the application form for photos much larger than 3.5 X 4.5 so they are strict about the size.

There are places outside the consular section where you could get photos and copies done.

If you had 4.5 by 5.5 photos you might be able to trim them down to 3.5 to 4.5 cm.