Mother apologizes for hitting Thai/Aussie child, 4, black and blue

webfact

Mother apologizes for hitting Thai/Aussie child, 4, black and blue

s1.jpg
Image: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- A mother has said she is sorry for taking a stick to her four year old child and said she will not do it again. She said she was stressed over money.

The story of 4 year old Minnie came to light after a neighbor took the child to Bo Phut police after seeing she had severe injuries. The police ensured the child was taken to hospital and she was placed under the care of child welfare agencies, reported Sanook.

The mother, named only as Aew, 35, was reunited with her child yesterday. She apologized for what she had done saying that she had run out of money.

Her husband who is a Malaysian national had not sent her any money recently and she had been forced to go to a loan shark but even that avenue was now closed off. She also apologized to society for what she had done.

Jarnee Ratanajinda of the Samui family protection services said that the best interests of all concerned had to be followed.

The child will be separated from the mother with her consent for the time being. She said that the child is scared and is still suffering from her injuries. She used to live with relatives in Lampang before moving to be with her mother in Samui and authorities are contacting them to decide the best way forward.

Minnie has an Australian father but no mention was made of him in the report.

Source: Sanook

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-25

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Malaysian husband Aussie father both of which are nowhere around while mum runs out of money and because of this belts the living tripe out of her 4 year old daughter.

Sorry just doesn't cut it. The child will be much better off away from this way of life and we can only hope Minnie somehow finds a safe and brighter future hopefully with caring relatives.

Notice how often the act of apology is mentioned in situations involving violence and generally very bad behaviour? Does that indicate a culture where people are subliminally less inhibited to do wrong, knowing that an apology will carry so much weight (in a culture where saving face is alleged to be so important)? Once I'd been here long enough to truly begin to understand Thailand, one of my first observations was that the extreme importance of "face saving" is one of the biggest obstacles in development and advancement.

Edited by Inn Between

Jail would be the best thing for the woman, and certainly the kid would be best removed.

Having had experience of this, the authorities are pretty piss poor in doing anything, it seems a "solly" is accepted, as well as being "drunk". These are feral individuals who really couldn't give a toss about their kids.

Hitting your kid with a stick or coat hanger is pretty common in most of all of Thailand. You could jail most people in this nation for doing it at some point in time.There has never been any leadership in this nation. TV could have so much positive information about raising kids but there's only propaganda and soap operas (and music) about only love, love love. No meaning in anything mainstream. The media here just doesn't get it. You need to change the culture and that won't happen easily.

Hitting your kid with a stick or coat hanger is pretty common in most of all of Thailand. You could jail most people in this nation for doing it at some point in time.There has never been any leadership in this nation. TV could have so much positive information about raising kids but there's only propaganda and soap operas (and music) about only love, love love. No meaning in anything mainstream. The media here just doesn't get it. You need to change the culture and that won't happen easily.

Not in my house it isn't.

My son will be 13 next week and neither my Thai wife or I have smacked him. There are always ways and means to chastise a child without being physical or violent.

All that it proves if you hit or smack your child is that you are bigger and stronger than they are.

hey i am stressed over money, tell her to pop round and see me, i might feel better afterwards, only reason she is sorry, is she got filmed, next time (and there will be) no camera to film this, disgusting lady

...just typical scum playing the mother when necessary....or profitable.....

...selfish...greedy.....violent.....

...but wants to come off as the victim....and hopefully get handouts.....

...let's get the father's version....

I love the way that Thais seem to be proud of their so called family bond but in reality it's far from the truth. How many parents really don't take full responsibility for the upbringing of their children (and hand them off to granny, auntie, sister, etc..) Answer: Many more than you probably realise.

My wife's niece is just one example. Meanwhile grandson is pampered endlessly by granny. Nearly 2 and hardly ever walks on his own 2 feet. Another fine example of Thai manhood in the making?

Edited by Dodgydownunder

Of course the Malaysian won't send money. After a while, he'll stop feeling pity for "another man's child".

yeah! this more how like the scandal will evolve - to take it away from a Thai losing anymore face

Of course the Malaysian won't send money. After a while, he'll stop feeling pity for "another man's child".

yeah! this more how like the scandal will evolve - to take it away from a Thai losing anymore face

What I also mean is that men should avoid getting into situations they are not mature enough to handle.

You forgot the nightly violence in the soaps.

Anyway, yes, jail. Then her money worries would be over. Perfect solution.