Where is cheap price in Thailand?

ardokano

Rent new hi-rise. 27th floor one year old. One bedroom fully furnished (million dollar view) No previous occupant. Wongamat Beach 10000 per month

Elec about 350 per month

Water about 350 - 380 every 3 months

Food veggie diet. Cook home 90%. Eat 50% fruit diet Been to small for me to pay attention to.

"Entertainment" about 30 to 100000 per month. Depends if friends from the states are in town for a visit.

"I spend all my money on wine SangSom, woman and song. The rest I waste"

Then ok..

No questions.. its cheap in Thailand

biggrin.png

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are always deals on meat to be had

The proteins in the body perform a number of the most important functions.
1. Protein - basic building material for our bodies. From the protein consist muscles, internal organs, blood, immune system, skin, hair, nails.
2. Protein - the main component of enzymes which catalyze biochemical reactions, ie, regulate the body's metabolism, namely, the metabolism, which is trying to normalize the fat people, using a variety of diet with limited consumption of protein foods. Naturally, it is impossible to cheat nature, and such a diet more frustrating metabolism than normal.
3. Transport of protein function is the binding of the cell and transport important substances.
4. The protective function - protein molecules take an active part in the work of the immune system.
PS
if you spend a lot of energy need more protein
Sex.. spped.. drive... rocknrolla !!!

I dont know where you do your shopping but all the milk I see here is at least 90B for 2 litres.

Thai-Danish Dairy opposite CM Zoo, RAW Milk 130bht for 5Kg. Bought 10Kg yesterday for 230bht. Far better than the processed milk from 7-11.

That's interesting, but unfortunately there is nothing at all similar where I am. Here milk comes in plastic bottles and it is at least 90B for 2 litres.

i say no eat meat save big money

No meat.. not sex.. no drink.. no "speed"..

OK OK

topic not about HOW save money.. yo

u do not like meat it UP to you!!!

but meat its energy and its fact!!

So food, utilities, transportation (and rent) are cheap but other things are more expensive. One wonders how essential those other things really are because I can't think of any at the moment that I buy which I feel are more expensive.

No, a small selection of locally-produced unprocessed food is cheaper here. Anything processed or in a can or tin or packet is probably going to cost a lot more here than it would in the UK. And I'm not talking about imported items which as everyone knows cost the earth here: you need a bank loan just to buy a carrot.

Some utilities are cheaper here but, for example, in Europe for the same 1000B I pay for my ADSL here I could get a proper ADSL connection with unlimited international bandwidth and free world-wide VOIP phone calls.

I also like to buy furniture and domestic appliances and electronics. The choice here is very poor and most prices are very high. Maybe you dont need beds and chairs and TVs etc., but I do.

Meat no good. Vegetable good

Please not need oftopic.

its not topic abou meet good or not.. just say

one. my grandgrand..grand father live more than 100 yaers..

An his eat MEAT...

NEED meat AND vegetable..

Only meat - no good

Only vegetable- NO good..

Osteoporosis and vegetarianism

http://www.webmd.com/osteoporosis/news/20050328/more-osteoporosis-seen-with-raw-foods-diet

if you want talk about.. open new Topic.

And we talkwink.png

PC

i like cherry.. in Thailand its even MUCH more expensive then meat..!!!!

and many another Vegetable!!!

Thai usually very poor choice even for vegetable..

diverse food .. no matter what.
in Thailand more expensive than in UK/HK/USA and many another country..
how much is a radish and how different in Thailand?
smile.png

English lessons are cheap

practice on forum FREE..

PC

in HK even can pay to you near 60HK if you come to English lesson..

How much is in Thailand?biggrin.pngwink.png

I think you should pay us for this English lesson.

so its one more point Thai expensive than HK?wink.png

In HK you can get lesson and moneybiggrin.png

Edited by ardokano

When I first moved here in 2003 everything was a good value except cars! Cars are double the price as compared

to the US! Now, yes very few items are cheap anymore. Housing outside of Bangkok is still very cheap. I have

a big 2 story house for 8000 THB ($225.US), but I love it here. There is so much free entertainment here! I've been

through 2 coups and reading the Bangkok Post is great and entertaining. Don't you agree?

In general things are cheaper here

But remember we are westerners! personally i need quality cheeses, good meat, salamis etc bread, decent real beer and quality clothes.... all this is more expensive here.

I am lucky the Mrs is a chef so her Thai food is ok,its just i am indifferent to thai food even after being here 16 years its just not my favourite food!

My yearly UK visit is too gorge myself on Indian curries with Basmati rice, fish n chips,chinese take away curries carveries steaks etc culminating in an almighty shop and bring about 20kg of stuff back with me... that shop is way cheaper obviously than what it would cost here.

sadly as the Eagles said "Every refuge has its price!"

I feel very fortunate. I'm vegetarian and my diet is 50 to 80% fruit depending how I feel. I have enjoyed Thai food since 1971 and still do.

I'm mostly in shorts or a tee shirt or bathing suit. So clothes are a non- issue. I do have dress clothes but rarely ware them. Feel like I've got it "made in the shade."

Edited by joeyg

I feel very fortunate. I'm vegetarian and my diet is 50 to 80% fruit depending how I feel. I have enjoyed Thai food since 1971 and still do.

I'm mostly in shorts or a tee shirt or bathing suit. So clothes are a non- issue. I do have dress clothes but rarely ware them. Feel like I've got it "made in the shade."

Ok Ok.

How does that relate to a topic?

qality Tshirt or shorts more expensive in Thailand than in HK/UK/US

if we take the set of a large selection of fruit. still more expensive in Thailand in the total amount will be than in HK/UK/US

There is so much free entertainment here! I've been

through 2 coups and reading the Bangkok Post is great and entertaining. Don't you agree?

You are very a positive person..

This is i am sure

OP, what do you want to buy cheap in LOS..?....We may be able to help, just list what you cannot afford to buy...I am sure we can find an answer here...thumbsup.gif

where i am talking i cannot afford?biggrin.png

we not talking about some personality..

can you talk just number?

or u only like start offtopic?

and i want ALL cheapest price..

i am poor guy

If you will be kind enough to call 'at least' something?

Specific items are already named:

can start from apartment

1 -2 bed rooms in Place as Discovery Bay in HK CLEAN not noisy... well security.. full ifrastructure..complete infrastructure

30 min to downtown..

not any garbage and stinking alleys on way..

all this is 40-80k B

after electronic and furniture(normal QUALITY) for price as In HK..

rolleyes.gif

Where is the cheap price in Thailand the OP asks, well:

(at 45 per £)

The water bill for our house runs to 105 baht a month, £2.30 a month;

Our electricity bill for the above costs 1,000 baht a month, £22;

Our gas bill costs us 960 baht, £21, per YEAR.

The standing charge for our home telephone line costs 169 baht a month, £3.75;

I hired two men to paint 80 metres of gutter/downspouts, three days, sanded, two coats of oil based paint, 1.500 baht, £33;

I filled up my truck with diesel, 65 litres cost me 1,657 baht, £37;

We stayed at the Dusit Island Hotel in Chiang Rai a few months ago, a pleasant five star that cost 1,840 baht £40 per night;

We eat out maybe four evenings a week, a decent meal for two in a nice restaurant costs around 750 baht, £16.

My hair cut costs me 150 baht, £ 3.30, an hours massage 150 baht, £3 and a two months supply of drinking water, delivered, costs 150 baht, £3.

Our groceries for the past year (two people) have averaged 7,500 baht, £166 a month but we eat very well and buy some imported items

I'd say the cheap price in Thailand is right under your nose!

water... hm sorry no compare. where do you se suck quality as in Thailand? so no compare..

electrocity.. mmm .. do not remember when in HK have of Electrocity for 3 years in 4 different place i live.. In Thailand almost every few month..

so you pay not for SAME qality service.. ITS DIFFERENT.. but watever in HK befor bill for electrocity not much more.. 200 HK$ give goverment another i pay some times even less than 100HK=450B

gues bill- may be ,dono .. I am not use gas balloons in another coutry.

LAbor cost- yes... but if they do some wrong.. how you fixed? Who pay for the damaged materials? if labor cost cam be many time cheap even normal materials not some special and lux.

Disel yes it cheap.. but car f... crazy price.. so total its not cheap( about pick up i say)

Donno what is dusit.. never stay.. but yep hotel its cheapest( but its not for life, it for tavel)

I dono what you mean nice restaraunt.. But simular restaraunt price its near with HK even Thai food.( in HK i do not see BAD thai food) if its be NORMAL meat it can be even highest price..

if you add wine price can start move to space( if compare with UK or HK)

Hair cut its my pain... NEVER have NORMAL cating!!! But its pain not only in Thailand..

groceries and 7500 b.. can eat nice.. good. but its far away from NORMAL an diverse food.

cereals and potatoes meat can easily be more cost than 7500 per month.. and if add dairy?

but this is not an argument .. should be specific numbers for specific products.

so in total you say:

Labor cost, fuel.. gas

Hotel..

ok ok electricity..

I'd provide a rebuttal but I don't know what you said and I've read it three times, let's just say OK you're right.

Cheap price many place.

Where???

i want for my wife moto jackets, shoes etc price as in Spain/ HK/US where??

I want beaf as in Japan/UK/Germany ... where??

I want dairy product as UK price where???

I want normal house whith two glass window.. soundproof.. normal furniture.. well bilding..without garbage dumps and smelly alleys At least within a radius of 1,000 meters. but not far from shops, restaurants, hairdresser .. 20-30 min from down town.. WHERE?? in Spain/ Bulgari can find it even for 150k eur..

In Thailand cant even for 10ml bath..

I try just few week ago

cant!!!

so what have cheap price?

To get dairy you need cows that give milk the thai climate is not the best place for them,

same for the beef you need grass that grows in meadows.

the sun is free and it's hot so you don't need so many clothes,try to look on the bright side, have a beer watch the sun go down, oh and unless you are a monger don't stay in pattaya.

Cheap price many place.

Where???

i want for my wife moto jackets, shoes etc price as in Spain/ HK/US where??

Spain/HK/US

I want beaf as in Japan/UK/Germany ... where??

Japan/UK/Germany

I want dairy product as UK price where???

UK

I want normal house whith two glass window.. soundproof.. normal furniture.. well bilding..without garbage dumps and smelly alleys At least within a radius of 1,000 meters. but not far from shops, restaurants, hairdresser .. 20-30 min from down town.. WHERE?? in Spain/ Bulgari can find it even for 150k eur..

Spain/ Bulgaria

In Thailand cant even for 10ml bath..

I try just few week ago

cant!!!

so what have cheap price?

You have answered your own questions. Seems Thailand is nor for you.

Perhaps some clarification may help with your OP dilemma....

What country do you come from....?

I do not have any dillem in this is topic.

To Thailand I come from HK.

But how its can help?

Or you just offtop?

Can you say any follow topic?biggrin.png

To get dairy you need cows that give milk the thai climate is not the best place for them,

the sun is free and it's hot so you don't need so many clothes,try to look on the bright side, have a beer watch the sun go down, oh and unless you are a monger don't stay in pattaya.

thumbsup.gif

Thanks dude..wai.gif

I enjoy every moment of my life. no matter where and how many coins in my pocket. Even if it be in prison or hospital or even in my pocket few penny.

But topic not about this is .biggrin.png

You have answered your own questions. Seems Thailand is nor for you.

Where I ask Thailand for me or not?blink.png

Taking a part of a post is never good

You ask were cheap then go on to say you want this that and the other which you state you can get in other named countries but not here in Thailand. So my full reply answered your questions and I observed that if you l8ke all this things you can get in other countries but not here that maybe Thailand isn't for you. Does that answer your question

The OP is talking rubbish. In the last year or so i have bought several big ticket items, car, bike, camera, TVs, laptop etc and they have all been far cheaper than the UK. My car a top of the range Fiesta 617,000 baht = @ 12,000 GBP, UK list price 18,000 GBP. My bike a Yamaha NMAX 80,000 baht = @ 1,500 GBP UK list price 2,500 GBP.

Not to mention housing of course, rent on a 3 bed house 15,000 baht = 300 GBP. Buy a nice house 4-5,000,000 baht = 90,000 GBP. Costs in the UK probably 300% more.

Edited by Henryford

Ok Ok.

How does that relate to a topic?

qality Tshirt or shorts more expensive in Thailand than in HK/UK/US

if we take the set of a large selection of fruit. still more expensive in Thailand in the total amount will be than in HK/UK/US

I find good teeshirts and shorts for 100 bh at outside weekend markets . Fruit main one, dragon fruit is a lot less. Mangoes are better quality as well as coconuts compared to the states. and llitle less. Durrian is a little cheaper sometimes not.

Red rice and beans and dhal are cheaper for sure,.. Green veggies and mushrooms and seaweed are always a good deal. I'm pretty much set...

thumbsup.gif

Thanks dude..wai.gif

I enjoy every moment of my life. no matter where and how many coins in my pocket. Even if it be in prison or hospital or even in my pocket few penny.

Hi ardokano, glad to hear you're loving life. So you're from Hong Kong? To help answer your question, 'Where is cheap in Thailand?', I don't know what specifically you are looking for but I have a few pointers or ideas that may help.

1) - okay, this is cheating, it's online, not in Thailand but for most things you need, you can buy from sellers on aliexpress.com or similar sites. Free delivery to Thailand. Many vendors on there from HK, particularly in electronics. 99% of the time, cheaper than you'll find in Thailand. They sell a huge amount of goods, like a Chinese Amazon. Clothing, electronics, toiletries, you'll be amazed what you can find.

2) the cheapest place to shop is Makro, a cash and carry place, a lot lower prices than other places, restaurants, hotels etc buy from there in catering quantities. Doesn't have high-grade meat or organics though.

3) - for accommodation, I read that you gave the example of a place for 40-80k/month in Hong Kong about 30 minutes from the city center. Well, if you follow the BTS line further out, you'll find cheaper places and can always be in the center of Bangkok within a short time on the BTS. For example, follow the line south to Samut Prakarn, prices are much lower yet you can be near the BTS.

hope this helps a little.

Meat no good. Vegetable good

Please not need oftopic.

its not topic abou meet good or not.. just say

one. my grandgrand..grand father live more than 100 yaers..

An his eat MEAT...

NEED meat AND vegetable..

Only meat - no good

Only vegetable- NO good..

Osteoporosis and vegetarianism

http://www.webmd.com/osteoporosis/news/20050328/more-osteoporosis-seen-with-raw-foods-diet

if you want talk about.. open new Topic.

And we talkwink.png

PC

i like cherry.. in Thailand its even MUCH more expensive then meat..!!!!

and many another Vegetable!!!

Thai usually very poor choice even for vegetable..

diverse food .. no matter what.
in Thailand more expensive than in UK/HK/USA and many another country..
how much is a radish and how different in Thailand?
smile.png

Sorry you talk meat part of cost living. So I say no meat save big money. I no meat since 1974. I 64 still strong even boxing now. I eat meat pink and still moving only No osteoporosis. Just eat pussy. Can give boxing lesson. 5 dolla. 5 dolla more cheap than HK, USA or Thailand. You no talk about osteoporosis. You not doctor. Ok OK .... Go now

thumbsup.gif

Thanks dude..wai.gif

Hi ardokano, glad to hear you're loving life. So you're from Hong Kong? To help answer your question, 'Where is cheap in Thailand?', I don't know what specifically you are looking for but I have a few pointers or ideas that may help.

1) - okay, this is cheating, it's online, not in Thailand but for most things you need, you can buy from sellers on aliexpress.com or similar sites. Free delivery to Thailand. Many vendors on there from HK, particularly in electronics. 99% of the time, cheaper than you'll find in Thailand. They sell a huge amount of goods, like a Chinese Amazon. Clothing, electronics, toiletries, you'll be amazed what you can find.

2) the cheapest place to shop is Makro, a cash and carry place, a lot lower prices than other places, restaurants, hotels etc buy from there in catering quantities. Doesn't have high-grade meat or organics though.

3) - for accommodation, I read that you gave the example of a place for 40-80k/month in Hong Kong about 30 minutes from the city center. Well, if you follow the BTS line further out, you'll find cheaper places and can always be in the center of Bangkok within a short time on the BTS. For example, follow the line south to Samut Prakarn, prices are much lower yet you can be near the BTS.

hope this helps a little.

I lived in Samut Prakan for a year. Last stop on the BTS at Bearing. Then off Soi 6. Very nice and quite. And so close to crazy On Nut.

Rent and pussy were not cheap but mostly a very fair price. The big chains Big C, Lotus, Makro are the same as in Pattaya... Food is getting expensive everywhere...

The OP is talking rubbish. In the last year or so i have bought several big ticket items, car, bike, camera, TVs, laptop etc and they have all been far cheaper than the UK. My car a top of the range Fiesta 617,000 baht = @ 12,000 GBP, UK list price 18,000 GBP. My bike a Yamaha NMAX 80,000 baht = @ 1,500 GBP UK list price 2,500 GBP.

I find that hard to believe as all such items I see here seem to cost more than they would in the UK.. And who is his right mind would pay list price for a vehicle in the UK?