Where is cheap price in Thailand?

ardokano

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Car its much more expensive than in UK, HK, Spain, Germany,Japan i am even not talking about US.

household appliances expensive

Clothing is more expensive, or the same price

more expensive dairy products

cereals. meat (Thai meat quality is much worse then not be compared)

cheaper just sex. Some motorcycles.But a very poor choice of motor-equipment and more expensive

several pickups. Coffee"

Car is around the same price to buy new, but much cheaper to tax, insure and run in Thailand.

My washing machine was way cheaper in Thailand (6,000bht Vs 250gbp)

Dairy products, milk is the same price (26bht per liter Vs 1gbp per 4 pints), cheese double, butter you don't need.

Cornflakes around the same price (1.75p for 500g Vs 98bht for 500g)

Meat...... chicken and pork are way cheaper (chicken breasts 2.50p for 300g Vs 40bht for 400g, pork 4.50p/kg Vs 140bht/Kg)

Clothing is harder to compare because you can wiggle on quality, but here is an identical product from the same factory in China, Trek lycra cycling shorts and top way cheaper here (40gbp Amazon Vs 620bht Lazada)

Don't know when you were last in the UK, but you can check my UK prices with Tesco shopping online.

Where can you get 500g of Kellogg cornflakes in Thailand for 98 baht? I think you can get 500g of Waitrose cornflakes for about 1-2 quid in UK if not worried about brands.

Meat..we're also on about quality.

Clothes were better value in Thailand years ago, but not anymore.

I've lived permanently in Thailand for 15 years and I have just come back from a UK visit. Supermarket shopping wise, it was cheaper in UK than what I get in Big C here. 'Aldi' has some great deals too! Going back over 20 years when I first came here it was cheaper. It doesn't seem like that anymore unless you live like most Thais. Other things balance it out like eating out etc.

Cars, fair enough but I used a smart car back there, so no tax!

cannot compare missus car to back home for prices as spec levels are different
So where is Your home?

biggrin.png

In some coutry cant sell housewife car for price modern german car..

what does the price of my missus car have to do with German cars ?

Nothing.

So where you home

For me intresting where is highest price?

Scandinavian countries? Nigeria?biggrin.png

"Car its much more expensive than in UK, HK, Spain, Germany,Japan i am even not talking about US.

household appliances expensive

Clothing is more expensive, or the same price

more expensive dairy products

cereals. meat (Thai meat quality is much worse then not be compared)

cheaper just sex. Some motorcycles.But a very poor choice of motor-equipment and more expensive

several pickups. Coffee"

Car is around the same price to buy new, but much cheaper to tax, insure and run in Thailand.

My washing machine was way cheaper in Thailand (6,000bht Vs 250gbp)

Dairy products, milk is the same price (26bht per liter Vs 1gbp per 4 pints), cheese double, butter you don't need.

Cornflakes around the same price (1.75p for 500g Vs 98bht for 500g)

Meat...... chicken and pork are way cheaper (chicken breasts 2.50p for 300g Vs 40bht for 400g, pork 4.50p/kg Vs 140bht/Kg)

Clothing is harder to compare because you can wiggle on quality, but here is an identical product from the same factory in China, Trek lycra cycling shorts and top way cheaper here (40gbp Amazon Vs 620bht Lazada)

Don't know when you were last in the UK, but you can check my UK prices with Tesco shopping online.

Where can you get 500g of Kellogg cornflakes in Thailand for 98 baht?

99b for 500gm of Kelloggs Cornflakes at Tesco

https://shoponline.tescolotus.com/groceries/en-GB/products/6020924267

Where can you get 500g of Kellogg cornflakes in Thailand for 98 baht?

Makro and Rimping are selling Nestle cornflakes 500g for 95-98bht. Tesco offer 99bht (thanks Don).

I prefer them to Kelloggs as they are coated and don't go instantly soggy when you put milk on.

(not available in the UK where I buy Kelloggs, my bad for comparing a slightly different product)

Fairly often Makro have them on offer, buy one get one free. 1Kg for 98bht hard to resist.

I agree BigC is expensive for everything, that's why I don't shop there.

Edited by MissAndry

Just be glad cornflakes are even sold in Thailand.

If one cannot live without stuff from back home I suggest one stays back home.

I know Carib we're just having a laugh comparing stuff. With regard to cornflakes you're better off eating the box for nutrition!

Anything reliant on cost of labour or cost of land will have a cost advantage over more developed countries.

Anything imported, reliant on technology beyond Thai companies or not popular or appropriate to the mass population will have price pressures that tend to make the product or service more expensive than overseas.

I haven't even touched on quality issues, lack of real competition and effective consumer protection (defamation laws, anyone?) that affect the value for money equation negatively.

Why should Thailand be cheap anyway?

Dono.. many people say.

So you agree Thai its expensive country for qality life?

No, it is just as cheap or expensive as anywhere else. It all depends on what you want or expect. My "quality life" may not be the same as yours.

You mast kidding?

Now is 1GBP its 20-25 bath?blink.png

C350 in Thailand almost 3.7 ml bath in UK its 39k ..

I am not talking about some fun car..

c63 it 10 ml bath..

in UK its near 70K

how you calculate?

blink.png

Heaven forbid a man wants a little comfort in this crazy place. Not everyone wants to live like a Thai.

Heaven forbid a man wants a little comfort in this crazy place. Not everyone wants to live like a Thai.

If it is a crazy place ..Just leave. I wouldn't want to live in a crazy place, with or without cornflakes.

Anything reliant on cost of labour or cost of land will have a cost advantage over more developed countries.

Anything imported, reliant on technology beyond Thai companies or not popular or appropriate to the mass population will have price pressures that tend to make the product or service more expensive than overseas.

I haven't even touched on quality issues, lack of real competition and effective consumer protection (defamation laws, anyone?) that affect the value for money equation negatively.

Ok then explain cheaper thing from China?

In Tokyo labor cost much more expensive then in Bangkok. Rent expensive..

From China if it made in china it Duty free.. so WHY in Tokyo sell for 100 yean ( near 30 bath) in Bangkok it can be even 60-120 bath? WHY???

You mast kidding?

c63 it 10 ml bath..

in UK its near 70K

how you calculate?

blink.png

I am sure that where you come from a Mercedes is not considered to be expensive and belongs to the average Joe`s lifestyle. rolleyes.gif

You mast kidding?

c63 it 10 ml bath..

in UK its near 70K

how you calculate?

blink.png

I am sure that where you come from a Mercedes is not considered to be expensive and belongs to the average Joe`s lifestyle. rolleyes.gif

I think you're trolling now. Thailand is the second biggest market after Germany for Mercedes.

So why you think in the UK the average joe drives the Mercedes? Right because the same car is there affordable priced.

Edited by Berty100

Dono.. many people say.

So you agree Thai its expensive country for qality life?

No, it is just as cheap or expensive as anywhere else. It all depends on what you want or expect. My "quality life" may not be the same as yours.

Ok tell me what is cheap in Thailand. and you compare with what coutry?

I compare with HK or UK. can compare with Germany, but not long time stay there..

Part my family stay in Canada, Have some in US..

Spain many time visit..

i come from lost territory.. not anymore my coutry.. and even coutry where i was burn.

but stay last time at HK

yes its not big deal in HK.

what problem with Mersedes?

Ok talk about Toyota

3.5 camry second hand 2010 near 70k on clock..

price 1 ml bath!!! How much in US braqnd NEW?

Sorry in Europ not so manyr ...use japan Car.. as german or us car

Camaro how much?

Mazda mx5?

and dozen and dozen model car..

Edited by ardokano

Most people wouldn't bother travelling half the way round the world if it wasn't cheap and was developed just like back in the western world

In that case the OP didn't do his homework, and his complaining is due to his own fault.

Stepping out of the plane and discovering not everything is as expected is a bit dumb.

where i complaining?

smile.png

Most people wouldn't bother travelling half the way round the world if it wasn't cheap and was developed just like back in the western world

In that case the OP didn't do his homework, and his complaining is due to his own fault.

Stepping out of the plane and discovering not everything is as expected is a bit dumb.

where i complaining?

smile.png

I think you need to relocate instead of trying to compare, it is of no use, either you accept the way things are in the country you want to live in or you don`t.

Answering about the how`s and what`s and why prices are different is of no use. The prices are what they are, pay if you can afford it, if not look for something cheaper or move to one of the countries used for comparing all things expensive in Thailand. Good luck with that.