Where is cheap price in Thailand?

ardokano

Cheap price many place.

Where???

i want for my wife moto jackets, shoes etc price as in Spain/ HK/US where??

I want beaf as in Japan/UK/Germany ... where??

I want dairy product as UK price where???

I want normal house whith two glass window.. soundproof.. normal furniture.. well bilding..without garbage dumps and smelly alleys At least within a radius of 1,000 meters. but not far from shops, restaurants, hairdresser .. 20-30 min from down town.. WHERE?? in Spain/ Bulgari can find it even for 150k eur..

In Thailand cant even for 10ml bath..

I try just few week ago

cant!!!

so what have cheap price?

Why don't you go back to Spain or Bulgaria? Problem solved! You already have everything you want in those places, why did you leave for a country that hasn't got the things you want?

Go to the countryside in Isaan or even just a little bit off Highway 7 on the way to airport. You can buy land and build a 3 bedroom house for less than 3m thb. Big bowl noodle soup 2x a day less than 150 thb. You're in a hot country with very few cows so guess what? Dairy products will be expensive and not 70p for a liter of milk. But you can buy carnation evaporated canned milk for your tea and coffee, cheaper than a litre of milk. Beer is cheap as long as Chang and Leo and not Stella or Guinness. Buy clothes from Tesco for 10usd or the market for 100 baht.

If you really had 10m to spend there will be thousands of agents trying to sell you a 4 bed large detached house in nice area! You just haven't been looking. My parents are in HK and you are joking if you think it's cheaper there.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheap price many place.

Where???

I want normal house whith two glass window.. soundproof.. normal furniture.. well bilding..without garbage dumps and smelly alleys At least within a radius of 1,000 meters. but not far from shops, restaurants, hairdresser .. 20-30 min from down town.. WHERE?? in Spain/ Bulgari can find it even for 150k eur..

I try just few week ago

cant!!!

Why don't you go back to Spain or Bulgaria? Problem solved! You already have everything you want in those places, why did you leave for a country that hasn't got the things you want?

Go to the countryside in Isaan or even just a little bit off Highway 7 on the way to airport. You can buy land and build a 3 bedroom house for less than 3m thb. Big bowl noodle soup 2x a day less than 150 thb. You're in a hot country with very few cows so guess what? Dairy products will be expensive and not 70p for a liter of milk. But you can buy carnation evaporated canned milk for your tea and coffee, cheaper than a litre of milk. Beer is cheap as long as Chang and Leo and not Stella or Guinness. Buy clothes from Tesco for 10usd or the market for 100 baht.

If you really had 10m to spend there will be thousands of agents trying to sell you a 4 bed large detached house in nice area! You just haven't been looking. My parents are in HK and you are joking if you think it's cheaper there.

we not talking about personality. And not talking where and who need go..

juts clean number..

1. i cant buy land.

2. second for 3 millian bath cant bild house as in Spain or Bulgaria 70k euro..

i before calculate.

10 million you can buy House.. yes in normal distric( not far from shoping and Downtown)

but its still be not soundproof..

and low qality bild( I work in constraction as Engeniring and after owner small company in another coutryS)..

About HK

I dono what tell you you parents.

but new territory rent 12k HK$ 900SQFT 3 bedrooms( change for 2 bedrooms) whith easy accept buy many comfort public trunsport to Downtown.. 1000m all clean.. Shom me for this is price in Bangkok?

1 bedroom (bild from 2 bedrooms) 13 k HK$ in Discovery Bay 30 min to downtown.. can you show me simmular in any part Thailand?

If you be in HK you may be know what about i am talking?

about cheap things..

fast food chaine in well aircon place 95 bath japan menu with beef and tea/coffe..

about price clothes. i say QUALITY.. i both few shorts for 120 B ..after 2 washing it look as 10 years use.. after 3 woshing 2 from 3 broken..

I still have short 14 years ago buy 19,99 in US my bro give me..

look mutch more better when even new in Thai for 100 B

it as example.

my slippers both in Kuala Lumpur for 80 r near 25$ broken just few day ago after 3 years..

Slippers Both in Pattaya( forget take slipers) 120B look as very old( as rubbish) after 3 days!!! after 10 times use You can throw away 'in the bin

buy cheap clothes much more expensive if calculate in total.

I not rich guy buy cheap thinks..

In Thailand good qality expensive if compare with HK.

Edited by ardokano

Cheap price many place.

Where???

I try just few week ago

cant!!!

You actually can not buy land. You can pretend to buy land if you choose to. Yes, you can put it in a Thai name but they are cracking down on nominees these days. I replied to an ad with a agent advertising here in TV and when I asked but can I actually own the pool villa I was looking at there was no reply. Any agent trying to sell a foreigner a 4 bed detached house because he has 10 million baht also has a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you as well. You can not own it and that is pretty clear.

That aside land isn't exactly cheap in Thailand you can buy many places in the USA for cheaper. Thailand is a small country with limited amounts of land and there is a premium as a result. If it is actually nice land you are looking for and not a swamp you need to fill prices sky rocket quite quickly.

That leaves us with condos and there are some really low end ones for less than a million. These would be condemned in a lot of other countries. Moving to the mid range you can buy a condo in Florida as cheap as say Pattaya.

Also why should the guy go home just because he is doing some price comparisons? He says he isn't angry or bitter about it so what's the problem? I am also not complaining or moaning but I think your assertion that land and houses are cheap is false.

I think many people complain that prices of goods are high because it is artificially inflated by high import taxes. If it really cost that much for the transport and the logistics people would understand but the resentment comes from the money being sucked into the coffers of a government that does very little of benefit with it for the country or the average person, whether they are Thai or not.

To Ardokano:

Yes designer labels off course more expensive here in Thailand than HK. And yes agree with you clothes are more expensive but in HK H&M is considered commoner clothing but here in Thailand it's considered luxury!

I paid 18k thb a month in Pattaya for decent sized 2 bed house with parking and garden in village with security just off Thepprasit near shops and everything. Very clean. That's 4k hkd!! In HK you can only get a toilet for 4k hkd a month! My parents rent out their countryside village flats at 8k hkd for 700 Sq ft... That's 36k thb! For something similar size in the countryside here you will be paying about 8k thb. I'm not familiar with bkk pricing but I can guarantee you cheaper than hk in the city and new territories.

Duck and pork rice with drink in cafe de Coral 42hkd that's 180 thb... Duck and pork rice here in Tesco or Big C food court less than 100thb. Fish ball noodle soup in hk 135thb...here it's 35thb!

I lived and work in hk, Manila, Thailand, Japan, kl and Singapore... Thailand and Manila easily the cheapest places for most things. Unless you want to buy a Ferrari, then yeah it's expensive here and in Asian country since luxury tax is at least 3x... It's also expensive in HK but if you had money to buy a Mercedes or a Ferrari in Asia then I wouldn't be debating with you here!

To anotheruser:

I was being sarcastic about him going back! It's a reasonable discussion. But decent meat and dairy products will always be expensive here, the locals don't eat cornflakes or make ham sandwiches, generally.

He mentioned he was married I think, I just assumed it was to a Thai so getting land is no problem for him. My gf has land so managed to build the parents a decent sized house for 2m. You definitely cannot do that in hk or UK or Spain.

Coming from Norway, Thailand is cheap. Cheap food, gasoline, housing, utilities, labour, visas. If you want to see expensive, take a holiday in Norway, even the Japanese (With their large purchasing power) complain.

may be maybe

but As i see Oslo its CLEAN city. so no meter where you rent..

In Bangkok in CLEAN place much more expensive..

gasoline YES expensive..

Labor - YES!!!!

food?

how much

Normal beef?

salmon fillet

NORMAL bread 800 grams? etc?

opc

just look price car..

C350e near 2.5 ml bath???blink.png

even fun car cheaper when in Thailandsad.png

c63 near double cheapest

Holiday and life or long stay its different experiencewink.png

To Ardokano:

Yes designer labels off course more expensive here in Thailand than HK. And yes agree with you clothes are more expensive but in HK H&M is considered commoner clothing but here in Thailand it's considered luxury!

I paid 18k thb a month in Pattaya for decent sized 2 bed house with parking and garden in village with security just off Thepprasit near shops and everything. Very clean. That's 4k hkd!! In HK you can only get a toilet for 4k hkd a month! My parents rent out their countryside village flats at 8k hkd for 700 Sq ft... That's 36k thb! For something similar size in the countryside here you will be paying about 8k thb. I'm not familiar with bkk pricing but I can guarantee you cheaper than hk in the city and new territories.

Duck and pork rice with drink in cafe de Coral 42hkd that's 180 thb... Duck and pork rice here in Tesco or Big C food court less than 100thb. Fish ball noodle soup in hk 135thb...here it's 35thb!

I lived and work in hk, Manila, Thailand, Japan, kl and Singapore... Thailand and Manila easily the cheapest places for most things. Unless you want to buy a Ferrari, then yeah it's expensive here and in Asian country since luxury tax is at least 3x... It's also expensive in HK but if you had money to buy a Mercedes or a Ferrari in Asia then I wouldn't be debating with you here!

I got your point.

yes i stay in Chiang Mai 2 years ago in clean condo 5k B.

Yes cant even near get in HK for this is price.

but for 12k HK$ = 55k B i cant rent appartment as In Discovery Bay In Bangkok or Pattaya.

its only 30 min and you in downtown and newer on that way have garbage and stinking streets with oil from the street vendors on the pavement.

de coral - yes its cheap place. but it more comfort..

yashinoya 22-24 japan noudle soup with coffe.

wink.png

beef how much in Thailand?

it same price as in HK or highest..

cheapest beer how much in 7/11?wink.png

home electronics?

i am not really carfe about labels , just say about quality clothes..

H&M litle be more expensive in Thailand. i am not use but just know..

its can say my worksmile.png

if you be in HK you know why mersedes more sale car then toyota..

Becouse people do not want pay near same price for Toyota..wink.png

and many model it cant say it lux car..

In Thailand MUST have car if you want quality life in HK NOT..

To anotheruser:

I was being sarcastic about him going back! It's a reasonable discussion. But decent meat and dairy products will always be expensive here, the locals don't eat cornflakes or make ham sandwiches, generally.

He mentioned he was married I think, I just assumed it was to a Thai so getting land is no problem for him. My gf has land so managed to build the parents a decent sized house for 2m. You definitely cannot do that in hk or UK or Spain.

In HK cant. YES

but in HK its investment.

In Thailand its more spending money..

what you can build in Spain for 6ml bath in Thai it would be cost near double. and its still may be not be place as in Spain..

but cost life be in total..

house+ food+ clothes+ home electric+ hobby+car .. etc..

In Thailand if you want move with little comfort you MUST have car.. in HK NOT. every where can go by aircon bus.subway ..or minibus..

In HK even by bicycle can go in many place with out worry and with comfort..

Many things cheaper in Thailand.
Depends what you spend your money on.
(If you want imported, quality clothing, you're going to pay.) (same with imported beef, beer, Pepperidge Farm cookies, etc etc etc.)

Internet and phone in Thailand are about 15% of what I pay in the US.

Electric bill: (about half the price here in Thailand)

TV cable bill: $10 a month in Thailand

Rent: At least half price in Thailand.

Traffic tickets: almost non-existent here.

Food: If it comes from Thailand, it's generally cheap. Depends where you buy though.

Paint, (and brushes) tools, screws, plumbing fittings and parts, tile, almost anything at the hardware store for that matter: Much cheaper here in Thailand.

Had a new roof on my kitchen, complete with raingutter, and new kitchen ceiling put in my house last month: Cost? 18,000 baht!

(that would have been more than 10 times more in the US)

New front end put on my old pickup truck: 8,000 baht here, over $1,000 for the same work in the states

Like I said: it depends what you spend your money on.

Last time I was in Thailand I had a pair of pants made at a rural village tailor. I bought the fabric in Nang Rong for about $12 USD per pant (really nice light wool material), the total cost per item was about 25 USD. I challenge anyone to buy a pair of tailor made pants in the USA of Europe (of any quality) for $25. Good luck, and let us know where when you find them.

Coming from Norway, Thailand is cheap. Cheap food, gasoline, housing, utilities, labour, visas. If you want to see expensive, take a holiday in Norway, even the Japanese (With their large purchasing power) complain.

Concur 100%. A very nice country but extremely expensive. Alcohol is crazy expensive and can only be bought from government run stores. I did like the large selection of smoked and pickled fish on the breakfast buffet though.

Edited by rsokolowski

Where is the cheap price in Thailand the OP asks, well:

(at 45 per £)

The water bill for our house runs to 105 baht a month, £2.30 a month;

Our electricity bill for the above costs 1,000 baht a month, £22;

Our gas bill costs us 960 baht, £21, per YEAR.

The standing charge for our home telephone line costs 169 baht a month, £3.75;

I hired two men to paint 80 metres of gutter/downspouts, three days, sanded, two coats of oil based paint, 1.500 baht, £33;

I filled up my truck with diesel, 65 litres cost me 1,657 baht, £37;

We stayed at the Dusit Island Hotel in Chiang Rai a few months ago, a pleasant five star that cost 1,840 baht £40 per night;

We eat out maybe four evenings a week, a decent meal for two in a nice restaurant costs around 750 baht, £16.

My hair cut costs me 150 baht, £ 3.30, an hours massage 150 baht, £3 and a two months supply of drinking water, delivered, costs 150 baht, £3.

Our groceries for the past year (two people) have averaged 7,500 baht, £166 a month but we eat very well and buy some imported items

I'd say the cheap price in Thailand is right under your nose!

(at 45 per £)

I hired two men to paint 80 metres of gutter/downspouts, three days, sanded, two coats of oil based paint, 1.500 baht, £33;

We stayed at the Dusit Island Hotel in Chiang Rai a few months ago, a pleasant five star that cost 1,840 baht £40 per night;

We eat out maybe four evenings a week, a decent meal for two in a nice restaurant costs around 750 baht, £16.

My hair cut costs me 150 baht, £ 3.30, an hours massage 150 baht, £3 and a two months supply of drinking water, delivered, costs 150 baht, £3.

Our groceries for the past year (two people) have averaged 7,500 baht, £166 a month but we eat very well and buy some imported items

You have highlighted the few things that are relatively cheap in Thailand: things for which labour represents a large part of the cost. Also you live in a fairly cheap part of Thailand. Diesel is cheap because fuel tax is low here. Unfortunately just about everything that is manufactured will cost more here than elsewhere.

For us the main thing that has always been cheaper is electricity

Compared to where we are anyway

Produce/Vegetables of course if bought at street markets is very cheap here.

But that is actually also true at home also as we have farmers markets there

Chicken & Pork cheaper here than home

Beef we gave upon buying here years ago.

Vehicles...not cheaper here

Medical ..cheaper for cosmetic type deals or quick checks but major things you have to be careful of

what your really getting...but the medical service is much more polite here surely

Labor if you hire out tasks of course cheaper here but many times quality of work is poor

If you find a good one great (whether that be a electrician,plumber etc etc) hold onto his card

Although many times a good one will be hard to find & then hard to get a return visit as he/she will be in demand

But overall I would say living here is surely less expensive but... as many have found this cheaper life has a cheaper quality to it

If you want to match quality pretty much on anything except food & electricity then it is not so inexpensive anymore due to import taxes etc.

Car is around the same price to buy new, but much cheaper to tax, insure and run in Thailand.

My washing machine was way cheaper in Thailand (6,000bht Vs 250gbp)

Dairy products, milk is the same price (26bht per liter Vs 1gbp per 4 pints), cheese double, butter you don't need.

Cornflakes around the same price (1.75p for 500g Vs 98bht for 500g)

Meat...... chicken and pork are way cheaper (chicken breasts 2.50p for 300g Vs 40bht for 400g, pork 4.50p/kg Vs 140bht/Kg)

Smoked bacon cheaper here, nearly 1/2 price (300bht for 1.5Kg Makro Vs 2gbp for 300g Tesco UK)

Clothing is harder to compare because you can wiggle on quality, but here is an identical product from the same factory in China, Trek lycra cycling shorts and top way cheaper here (40gbp Amazon Vs 620bht Lazada)

I dont know where you do your shopping but all the milk I see here is at least 90B for 2 litres. And cheese is about 4 times the price here than it would be in Europe. I also find that things like bacon and cornflakes (and indeed just about anything else in a packet) costs less in the UK than here. Clothing is also cheaper and better quality in Primark, and I buy all my t-shirts there. Beer, wine and spirits are also cheaper and better in a UK supermarket than in a supermarket here.

My average shopping trip here costs me about double what it would in the UK, maybe more. Thankfully there are some things that balance out these higher shopping costs - things like labour-intensive items and lack of income tax.

I dont know where you do your shopping but all the milk I see here is at least 90B for 2 litres.

Thai-Danish Dairy opposite CM Zoo, RAW Milk 130bht for 5Kg. Bought 10Kg yesterday for 230bht. Far better than the processed milk from 7-11.

Smoked Bacon (CP streaky) in Makro 1Kg for 270Bht, last week it was buy 1Kg get 0.5Kg free.

Careful shopping and a freezer saves a lot of money.

Edited by MissAndry

Rent new hi-rise. 27th floor one year old. One bedroom fully furnished (million dollar view) No previous occupant. Wongamat Beach 10000 per month

Elec about 350 per month

Water about 350 - 380 every 3 months

Food veggie diet. Cook home 90%. Eat 50% fruit diet Been to small for me to pay attention to.

"Entertainment" about 30 to 100000 per month. Depends if friends from the states are in town for a visit.

"I spend all my money on wine, woman and song. The rest I waste"

Edited by joeyg

(at 45 per £)

You have highlighted the few things that are relatively cheap in Thailand: things for which labour represents a large part of the cost. Also you live in a fairly cheap part of Thailand. Diesel is cheap because fuel tax is low here. Unfortunately just about everything that is manufactured will cost more here than elsewhere.

So food, utilities, transportation (and rent) are cheap but other things are more expensive. One wonders how essential those other things really are because I can't think of any at the moment that I buy which I feel are more expensive.

Last time I was in Thailand I had a pair of pants made at a rural village tailor. I bought the fabric in Nang Rong for about $12 USD per pant (really nice light wool material), the total cost per item was about 25 USD. I challenge anyone to buy a pair of tailor made pants in the USA of Europe (of any quality) for $25. Good luck, and let us know where when you find them.

In HKrolleyes.gif

Ps

Try fixed problem( back money for fabric or buy another fabric and make new one) if Tailor make some mistake.. and fabric not 12$rolleyes.gif

(at 45 per £)

water... hm sorry no compare. where do you se suck quality as in Thailand? so no compare..

electrocity.. mmm .. do not remember when in HK have of Electrocity for 3 years in 4 different place i live.. In Thailand almost every few month..

so you pay not for SAME qality service.. ITS DIFFERENT.. but watever in HK befor bill for electrocity not much more.. 200 HK$ give goverment another i pay some times even less than 100HK=450B

gues bill- may be ,dono .. I am not use gas balloons in another coutry.

LAbor cost- yes... but if they do some wrong.. how you fixed? Who pay for the damaged materials? if labor cost cam be many time cheap even normal materials not some special and lux.

Disel yes it cheap.. but car f... crazy price.. so total its not cheap( about pick up i say)

Donno what is dusit.. never stay.. but yep hotel its cheapest( but its not for life, it for tavel)

I dono what you mean nice restaraunt.. But simular restaraunt price its near with HK even Thai food.( in HK i do not see BAD thai food) if its be NORMAL meat it can be even highest price..

if you add wine price can start move to space( if compare with UK or HK)

Hair cut its my pain... NEVER have NORMAL cating!!! But its pain not only in Thailand..

groceries and 7500 b.. can eat nice.. good. but its far away from NORMAL an diverse food.

cereals and potatoes meat can easily be more cost than 7500 per month.. and if add dairy?

but this is not an argument .. should be specific numbers for specific products.

so in total you say:

Labor cost, fuel.. gas

Hotel..

ok ok electricity..

So food, utilities, transportation (and rent) are cheap but other things are more expensive. One wonders how essential those other things really are because I can't think of any at the moment that I buy which I feel are more expensive.

Meat , dairy its food?

cereals, chocolate... mmm fruit ... cherry ?

trasportation?blink.png where in Chiang mai have poblic trasport???blink.png

for minimum comfort MUST have car..

rent maybe. but have some comfort line after or not have same or cost much more..

I dont know where you do your shopping but all the milk I see here is at least 90B for 2 litres.

Thai-Danish Dairy opposite CM Zoo, RAW Milk 130bht for 5Kg. Bought 10Kg yesterday for 230bht. Far better than the processed milk from 7-11.

Smoked Bacon (CP streaky) in Makro 1Kg for 270Bht, last week it was buy 1Kg get 0.5Kg free.

Careful shopping and a freezer saves a lot of money.

how much is price for fuel go to there?

PS

careful shoping in another country its same be less moneyrolleyes.gif

Smoked Bacon (CP streaky)gigglem.gif

need compare SAME!!!

Thai meat NOT same.. it poor qality..

rolleyes.gif