Boy, 16, paid friends 20,000 baht to kill his dad, say Kalasin police

webfact

Boy, 16, paid friends 20,000 baht to kill his dad, say police

s4.jpg

KALASIN: -- Police in Kalasin have arrested a 16 year old boy who they say hired three teenage friends to murder his 60 year old father.

But the attack made to look like a theft went wrong. The father was slashed about the head and body with a sharp object but was not killed. He lived and ended up in ICU needing 100 stitches to various wounds, reported Sanook.

Police originally thought that the attack on Friday night was made during the course of a theft of fighting cocks that a man named only as Sompong, 60, raised at his house on the Hua Khu Bypass in the north eastern Thai town.

But they soon discovered this was not the case and arrested the man's 16 year old son who was named only as "A".

He admitted that he had hired three friends for 20,000 baht to kill his father. They were supposed to make it look like a theft and cause the chickens to make a lot of noise and wake his father. This happened and his father came out to investigate but the murderous attack was bungled leaving Sompong grievously wounded but still alive.

The son said that he had argued constantly with his father. He claimed that he had been assaulted and abused all his life.

Kalasin police have discovered that the assailants for hire are aged 16 and 17 but no further arrests have yet been made.

Police will be interviewing the son in conjunction with child protection authorities to get to the bottom of why he paid for his father to be killed. This will determine what charges will be laid against him.

Source: Sanook

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-26

I know we don't want to read this. But...KALASIN has long been knows as, assassin for sale. Seems the reputation, prevails. Seems the crack down on corruption has a few loopholes.

And you have a back up source and links to verify this information? I live in Kalasin and have for many years and never encountered this?

Am I just lucky?

Why did a 16 year old pay to have his father killed?

Easy answer MONEY. Father dead son would probably get house/land/fighting cocks etc.

"The son said that he had argued constantly with his father. He claimed that he had been assaulted and abused all his life."

Easy answer MONEY. Father dead son would probably get house/land/fighting cocks etc.

The son said that he had argued constantly with his father. He claimed that he had been assaulted and abused all his life.

Could be a reason to kill his father..

The things he would have inherited, just a bonus..

To have 20k bht in the first place for a 16 yr old village boy is quite a lot of money.

Maybe P drugs involved by the young ones and he needed money to pay debt, once he got the farm he coulld sell that and loose the lot.

Drugs cause children to steal from parents, i have seen it first hand in NZ where the son of my friend who was a really nice lad who got addicted to heroin steal from his father.

Years later he is fine now after rehab, one of the lucky ones.

I know we don't want to read this. But...KALASIN has long been knows as, assassin for salearrow-10x10.png. Seems the reputation, prevails. Seems the crack down on corruption has a few loopholes.

"Kalasin police have discovered that the assailants for hire are aged 16 and 17 but no further arrests have yet been made."

Well,i didn't read it because unless the police are employing 16-17 year olds,it wasn't written.Nice try to bash but failure.

According to the local 'Coconut Telegraph', the son only promised the assailants the money, with payment due upon the successful completion of the job. It has also been reported that while the son was being interviewed at the local police station, the alleged assailants called the son demanding payment.

There is much more background to this event, and as horrible as the assault was, actions of this type are not exclusive to Thailand and could of occurred anywhere in world.

Locally the father is well-known for his fighting roosters, and the 'Coconut Telegraph' agrees that the cuts are a form of karmic debt as they closely resemble the cuts left on the roosters after a fight...