Good Reason Not To Overstay Visa

Report: American man found dead in Thai jail

PATTAYA: -- An American man was found dead in a Thai jail cell where he was being held for an alleged immigration offense, a newspaper reported Saturday.

Brian Dunn, 30, had been detained for overstaying his visa in the resort town of Pattaya southwest of the capital, Bangkok, The Nation newspaper reported, quoting police Lt. Col. Anan Thamchaikun.

Dunn was found dead with facial bruises over his cheekbones, the newspaper said. It didn't give the time or suspected cause of Dunn's death, his hometown, or his reason for being in Thailand.

Police were investigating the incident, the report said.

Police officials weren't immediately available for comment, and a U.S. Embassy spokesman said he was unable to confirm the incident.

Source: www.yahoo.co.th 2004-04-17

axel, i noticed this article at yahoo [thailand] com. the article was cut and pasted to the pattaya section. at the time i thought it was appropriate being the nice gentleman was roughed up at pattaya. i thought i should bring that to your attention.

the reason for george's editing was i put www.yahoo.co.th at the top and not the bottom. however the post was deemed moved for reasons unknown to me. but that's agreeable as i have no rights being a member.

reason for the comparison's?

Thaimee.