Prayuth says tap water tastes just like bottled water, drinks it for cameras

webfact

Prayuth says tap water tastes just like bottled water, drinks it for cameras
By Coconuts Bangkok

nice_0.jpg
Photo: Royal Thai Government House

BANGKOK: -- Junta chief Prayuth Chan-ocha claimed that Thailand’s tap water is proved by global organizations to be safe to drink. To prove it, he drank a glass full of tap water for reporters at Government House on Wednesday.

The Prime Minister also revealed that his family drinks tap water. He encouraged citizens to drink tap water as well, instead of buying expensive bottled water because it doesn’t taste any different.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/07/28/prayuth-says-tap-water-tastes-just-bottled-water-drinks-it-cameras

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-07-29

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excuse me - its not the taste that matters its whats in it !

You are free to clean it anyway you want. Also for bottled water you don't know what's in it. Water out of a glass bottle tastes much better though.

I drink liters of it everyday and never had a problem.

If you read the Coconuts story it points out he didn't actually drink water from a tap but water from a jar the students carried.

Just saying.

So maybe he did the same trick as mr Dubai some years ago, he said he drank tapwater on tv but it happened to be from a bottle.

PM admitted to hospital with severe stomach cramps after water stunt went horribly wrong.

One of the friends of the students had been sent for attitude adjustment so they decided to actually put tap water in the glass jar instead of the bottled water the PM was supposed to drink.

He is recovering and assured everyone he's not worried about the draft vote.

PM not available for comment he stay close to big white phone

all jokes asside, it is nothing to do with the water that comes from the water works - it is what it goes through to get to your tap and if you live in a condo building then the source of the water is also in question, I drink from the tap but there is a 7 stage filtration system before that, I have also noticed that when I take a shower (unfiltered water) it really does stink for a minute or so

PM admitted to hospital with severe stomach cramps after water stunt went horribly wrong.

One of the friends of the students had been sent for attitude adjustment so they decided to actually put tap water in the glass jar instead of the bottled water the PM was supposed to drink.

Post the link

PM not available for comment he stay close to big white phone

all jokes asside, it is nothing to do with the water that comes from the water works - it is what it goes through to get to your tap and if you live in a condo building then the source of the water is also in question, I drink from the tap but there is a 7 stage filtration system before that, I have also noticed that when I take a shower (unfiltered water) it really does stink for a minute or so

Great post. Spot on.

There are basically two types of contaminants, correct?

1) Issues from the mechanical side such as lead and foreign debris after treatment.

2) Microbial.

My opinion is that the volume of water moving through the city water lines is of high enough volume to keep them flushed. There are also agents such as chlorine added to kill microbes.

Individual buildings that don't see much water use and are older would be prone to more isssues especially if they store water on rooftops where the chlorine can evaporate and microbes can thrive.

Post the link

The link will come tomorrow after he got arrested and had some attitude adjustment.

The chlorine level in tap water can help clean my teeth as well. I also boil my tap water to increase the chlorine level. My hair has a blue tinge to it, it's all the rage in my province. My pregnant wife is happy too, her ultrasound scan shows our baby is 100% healthy.

22b582ae9ce9d15e12530308a9b31a02_XL.jpg

Post the link
Seriously ?

lol

Our water pressure was so weak, that I had the water company check it out. The man unscrewed the meter, and stuck a rusty metal rebarb down into the pipe. As he primed it......black, stinky bacterial sludge oozed out for 15 minutes. He then screwed the meter back on.

Those pvc pipes are cracked all over your neighbors back yard. Some are near septic tanks and drains. Back flow brings it all into the main pipes...and into your house.

Upcountry the water has sand in it mostly. When I check the filter on the water heater there is goo in it which might be dead algae. I also have seen shavings from pvcs and on occasion the water has smelled like pvc glue. In the suburbs of BKK the water stinks when you first turn it on in the morning. It smells like poo or methane for about 10 seconds. I've complained to the folks who manage our building that there might be something dead in the roof holding tanks but they say no. In Prathumtani, about 10 years ago or so a murder victims body was found in the roof water holding tank of an apartment building. It was in there until it eventually stank up the water causing people to complain.

I assure everyone that Bangkok tap water is safe to drink!

Special remark - first put tap water through the 3 stage filtration system that can be purchased at Homepro, then better boil it, just in case. Voila, tap water is ready for drinking!

I've been drinking the tap water since I moved here (San Sai, Chiang Mai).

Filter then drink, same as I do in London, never any trouble.

If there were microbes or bacteria in the water, result would be dodgy tummy while you got used to it, then no problem.

Our bodies are designed to cope with these problems.

Edited by MissAndry

Filter then drink, same as I do in London, never any problems.

Yes. The keyword in your sentence is filter then drink. What Prayut is saying is straight out of the tap. Hmm....I got to question that because first of all I do not have high confidence in the Bangkok Waterworks. Secondly, I do not trust the piping system (rusty?) that these real estate developers put in. You know, bottom-line (greed and profit) is the only motto for these developers.

Filter then drink, same as I do in London, never any problems.

Yes. The keyword in your sentence is filter then drink. What Prayut is saying is straight out of the tap. Hmm....I got to question that because first of all I do not have high confidence in the Bangkok Waterworks. Secondly, I do not trust the piping system (rusty?) that these real estate developers put in. You know, bottom-line (greed and profit) is the only motto for these developers.

If he drinks tap water you can bet it's filtered first as I can't see him simply sticking a glass under the tap and drinking.

Just a stunt and a poor one at that but what else is to be expected ?