Thailand Elite

Just curious - What is the 1.5 million upgrade under Thailand Easy Access? It would appear to upgrade the Elite Card to the Grand Package.

Yes. It upgrades you from the 5 year Easy access Visa to the full 20 year package. It is plus VAT though plus the yearly charge of 20,000bt

The 'Elite Superiority Extension' is an interesting addition.

When they say 'Extension' I wonder what it actually means. Can people buy this on its own or is it literally an extension for one of the existing shorter 5 or 10 year memberships.

The 'Elite Superiority Extension' is an interesting addition.

When they say 'Extension' I wonder what it actually means. Can people buy this on its own or is it literally an extension for one of the existing shorter 5 or 10 year memberships.

It certainly appears to be a no frills standalone 20yr package from how I'm reading it.

If I get a chance tomorrow, I will email the member centre,get confirmation and report back.

• Like 2

Does anyone do the Elite if over 50 and can instead go for the retirement visa?

Yes, quite a lot of us. We like the convenience and hassle free way of life. Permit free travel, the cars to and from the airport, expedidated immigration services and knowing we have 5 years or whatever package you choose of not needing ever to deal with immigration. If you live in Bangkok, Pattaya, Chang Mai or Phuket, even your 90 day reports are taken care of for you should you wish them to be.

I have been considering the 500 K 5 year for me. Now they have an 800 K for 10 year. That is getting down to a very decent and competitive price for 10 year visa and the convenience of just one year extension. Now if they would just get rid of the nutty 90 day report and make that yearly also, I am sure they would get a lot more business

• Like 1

I have been considering the 500 K 5 year for me. Now they have an 800 K for 10 year. That is getting down to a very decent and competitive price for 10 year visa and the convenience of just one year extension. Now if they would just get rid of the nutty 90 day report and make that yearly also, I am sure they would get a lot more business

You only need to do a yearly extension on any of the packages if you don't leave the country at all for 12 months.

Whenever you leave the country and reenter,you get a a new stamp good for a further 12 months.

I doubt that the 90 day reporting will end anytime in the near future as that would be a big step forward for immigration to make.No idea where you live but if your in Bangkok, Chang Mai, Pattaya or Phuket, the TE people will do the 90 day report for you anyway.

Another option would be if you live near a border, just pop over and back inside the 90 days, get a new 12 month stamp and no need to do the 90 day report.

Edited by Ronuk

Yes, quite a lot of us. We like the convenience and hassle free way of life. Permit free travel, the cars to and from the airport, expedidated immigration services and knowing we have 5 years or whatever package you choose of not needing ever to deal with immigration. If you live in Bangkok, Pattaya, Chang Mai or Phuket, even your 90 day reports are taken care of for you should you wish them to be.

Are you sure they will take care of 90 day reports outside of bangkok? Last I heard it was only for people living in Bangkok.

I have mailed the member center regarding the 'Elite Superiority Extension' option to clarify it is a 20 yr option in it's own right and had an answer immediately. Unfortunately as it's the weekend, nobody can give me a definitive answer until Monday morning.

Dear Mr. xxxxxxxx,

Thank you very much for your e-mail. We are delighted to have the opportunity to serve you.

With regard to your request, please be informed that we have passed your e-mail to our concerning department to get the answer for you. You shall be contacted by the department direcly on Monday.

Your kind waiting for their reply on this matter would be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Nisa C.
Thailand Elite Member Contact Center.

• Like 1

Are you sure they will take care of 90 day reports outside of bangkok? Last I heard it was only for people living in Bangkok.

It has since been extended for a while to Pattaya, Changmai and Phuket. If you go to post No 2, look at the table left hand side, second from the Bottom **90 day report then move across to the right hand side of the table. **Bangkok,Pattaya, Changmai and Phuket.

At the bottom of the pic in the OP it notes: **Available at Bangkok, Changmai, Pattaya or Phuket (for the 90 Day Report privilege).

By the way, wouldn´t it make sense to merge this new thread with the existing TE Privileges thread?

Topics are are not merged.

Ok, thanks for letting me know! That´s much appreciated!

I still think it´s a shame though because this thread has some GREAT info on the TE privileges which are currently not being presented in the "official" sticky thread.

Edited by DUS

Even with the new options, makes me glad that I bit the bullet nearly a decade ago in the early days of the program - unlimited everything for LIFETIME, for 1M Baht at the time, no VAT or anything as well. Just for kicks, I keep a general track of the number of airport transfers I've used over the years. If you assume one way transfer value is 1,000 baht, I have recovered over 25% of the cost of the card in airport transfer services alone!

• Like 1

Their website doesn't seem to have been updated though and when you click to join, the "Elite Superiority Extension" isn't an option. There is a downloadable FAQ for it though:

http://www.thailandelite.com/downloadable_form_file/downloadable_form_file40.pdf

Keep in mind that it is a "Privilege Entry Visa - Renewable 5 year multiple entry visa with extendable 1 year length of stay per entry"

So yes Virginia, you do have to renew it every year just like a regular Extension, but as it appears now, you don't have to prove any financial assets and, if you live in one of the "big 4" areas (Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket or Pattaya), they will do the 90 day reports for you.

I also note that they will provide assistance with other things "Assistance can range from immigration, facilitating to obtain a Thai driving license and work permit to our special government and business services."

so it would appear that you can work with this visa, unlike the Non-O(A)/Retirement/Marriage extension. That alone would make it very attractive for a lot of people I imagine.

Oh look - they have the "Foreign National Information Form" available for download as well: http://www.thailandelite.com/downloadable_form_file/downloadable_form_file41.pdf

Obviously this may not be everyone's cup of tea. I renew my extension and re-entry permit every year for just under 6,000 baht and about 90 minutes of time (over a 2 day period), and do 4 x 90 day reports (around an hour each time counting travel time and waiting) so 6,000 baht and 4 1/2 hours per year.

With this Privilege Extension I would pay (averaged out) 50,000/year over the 20 year validity, plus the same 6,000 baht/year for the extension and re-entry permits and the same 1 1/2 hours(ish) each year to do the extension.

I would save 4 hours of time by not having to do the 90 day reports, and I wouldn't have to fiddle around making sure my 800k has been in an account long enough to be used as proof of sufficient funds. I would also be able to get a work permit (providing I met the other requirements needed of course).

The only other benefit for me personally would be the FastTrac at the airport but I'm probably not going to be flying as much in the future as I was in the past so that's not really a major factor for me (though it would be for a lot of the guys still working offshore).

Their website doesn't seem to have been updated though and when you click to join, the "Elite Superiority Extension" isn't an option. There is a downloadable FAQ for it though:

http://www.thailandelite.com/downloadable_form_file/downloadable_form_file40.pdf

Keep in mind that it is a "Privilege Entry Visa - Renewable 5 year multiple entry visa with extendable 1 year length of stay per entry"

So yes Virginia, you do have to renew it every year just like a regular Extension, but as it appears now, you don't have to prove any financial assets and, if you live in one of the "big 4" areas (Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket or Pattaya), they will do the 90 day reports for you.

I also note that they will provide assistance with other things "Assistance can range from immigration, facilitating to obtain a Thai driving license and work permit to our special government and business services."

so it would appear that you can work with this visa, unlike the Non-O(A)/Retirement/Marriage extension. That alone would make it very attractive for a lot of people I imagine.

Oh look - they have the "Foreign National Information Form" available for download as well: http://www.thailandelite.com/downloadable_form_file/downloadable_form_file41.pdf

Obviously this may not be everyone's cup of tea. I renew my extension and re-entry permit every year for just under 6,000 baht and about 90 minutes of time (over a 2 day period), and do 4 x 90 day reports (around an hour each time counting travel time and waiting) so 6,000 baht and 4 1/2 hours per year.

With this Privilege Extension I would pay (averaged out) 50,000/year over the 20 year validity, plus the same 6,000 baht/year for the extension and re-entry permits and the same 1 1/2 hours(ish) each year to do the extension.

I would save 4 hours of time by not having to do the 90 day reports, and I wouldn't have to fiddle around making sure my 800k has been in an account long enough to be used as proof of sufficient funds. I would also be able to get a work permit (providing I met the other requirements needed of course).

The only other benefit for me personally would be the FastTrac at the airport but I'm probably not going to be flying as much in the future as I was in the past so that's not really a major factor for me (though it would be for a lot of the guys still working offshore).

You DO NOT have to renew the extension every year unless you never leave the country. If you left the country everyday, every week, every month, you get a new 12 month stamp every time you enter the Kingdom. You also DO NOT have to purchase re entry permits as it's a multiple entry Visa valid for 5 years each time.

• Like 1

Even with the new options, makes me glad that I bit the bullet nearly a decade ago in the early days of the program - unlimited everything for LIFETIME, for 1M Baht at the time, no VAT or anything as well. Just for kicks, I keep a general track of the number of airport transfers I've used over the years. If you assume one way transfer value is 1,000 baht, I have recovered over 25% of the cost of the card in airport transfer services alone!

In Bangkok a taxi to the city is less than 300 baht. What is your reference point using 1000 baht?

In Bangkok a taxi to the city is less than 300 baht. What is your reference point using 1000 baht?

Not everyone lives in Bangkok. And the people who do, not always live in the center.

According to their website the short haul transfer can be 50-80 km. And the new long haul transfer 275 km................I don't see many limousins driving you for less than 300 baht..........

• Like 1

Ermmm....You won't get a Chauffeur driven BMW 7 series Limo with the driver waiting in arrivals to take you anywhere in the City and not driving like a mad man for 300bt smile.png

How many people without a Thai elite would pay for this? My guess is less than .05% of the people leaving the airport.

Ermmm....You won't get a Chauffeur driven BMW 7 series Limo with the driver waiting in arrivals to take you anywhere in the City and not driving like a mad man for 300bt smile.png

How many people without a Thai elite would pay for this? My guess is less than .05% of the people leaving the airport.

People obviously do. There are enough Limousines running around Bangkok 24/7 with clients that want to travel that way, and they are not all TE members. Not everybody wants to have a row about putting the meter on and who is going to pay the Toll road fees.

TE members enjoy making one simple phone call or send an email and the TE staff and Limo driver does the rest.

We don't even need to collect our Luggage, that is also taken care of while we enjoy a cold refreshing drink smile.png

• Like 2