Whats the best way to find a Thai cleaner please?

Sophie Emma

pray for a miracle...........it  took me  over 2  years to find one half decent person, most were complete dross and didnt last long, how I found him.......I didnt, we use and agent who sends us a new one everytime the last one left or got sacked which was regularly, had this man about a year and a half  now.

22 hours ago, kannot said:

pray for a miracle...........it  took me  over 2  years to find one half decent person, most were complete dross and didnt last long, how I found him.......I didnt, we use and agent who sends us a new one everytime the last one left or got sacked which was regularly, had this man about a year and a half  now.

Ah, great you found someone now. What was the agency you used please?

Entirely down to luck in knowing someone else with a part-time cleaner.

Shortly after coming here a Thai lady turned up at my door asking if I needed a maid.  To this day I regret not being able to help her (edit - and this was 10 years ago) as she was brave enough to go from door to door asking for work :(.

Edited by dick dasterdly

1 hour ago, Sophie Emma said:

Ah, great you found someone now. What was the agency you used please?

youll need to speak Thai and  Ill ask my Wife for the phone number, youll get a lot of dross with maybe 1 good one over a  long period. Each time you'll have to pay the agent a fee although if you complain enough you might get it back or a free person so to speak

Ok her name is NOK her number is 0843300113

Edited by kannot

I have a live in mae baan who cooks cleans inside and out that I will have to let go in a month or two.....I'm being transferred to Singapore. She's wonderful and I will miss her greatly. If anyone needs a mae baan in a month or two feel free to PM me. (I'm up in Nonthaburi, but she lives in Minburi) She goes home on Saturday comes back Sunday night. 

....they are making so much money every which other way.....

....that's why they let millions of foreigners in the country...legally and otherwise...

....to do the dirty work......not many options otherwise....

so many hurdles. you have to train them on every aspect of cleaning, then a month later retrain them. They clean around objects not move them, just move a cabinet and see how much dust and lizard shit accumulates. Then there is the honesty issue; what leaves the house ( stolen) . In the end I do it myself on a risk plan what gets used most gets cleaned most.

It is easy to find, specially in this area up to Mae Hia (but not limited to that area)

Kristin (American) runs a service called BLISS with mainly hilltribe women (mainly Christian Karen). The service is rather for "full" employed mae baan then for part-time cleaning but ask for what you need. The woman are trained in farang level cleaning and in some English, and "proofed" of honesty. Bliss works under a foundation's umbrella; for the general training and then finding the "right" person for you a single donation (about 3.000) is expected. Later you deal only with your mae baan. For more information look first at FB page https://www.facebook.com/blissnetworkcm/ and then call Kristin 080 491 80 62.

I love that philosophy....

Edited by AlfonsV

There is a girl in Bangkok I know that is currently a maid for 2 days a week in the Bang Na / Sukhumvit road area but would like to have a couple more days a week. The agent she is with says there isn't any work for her though. She speaks English and Thai.

Seems like there are problems / miscommunications on both sides of the fence.

• 2 weeks later...

Try maid delivery, I have used them for a few years now. They do as many times you want, or as few times as you want.

They didn't had any auto debit option so I worked out a plan for them. So now I have a monthly fee that I send from Bangkok Bank for an average of 52 weeks. So some months I pay too much and some months less. So now I don't even have to think about the bill

• 2 months later...
On 8/5/2016 at 0:36 PM, AlfonsV said:

It is easy to find, specially in this area up to Mae Hia (but not limited to that area)

Kristin (American) runs a service called BLISS with mainly hilltribe women (mainly Christian Karen). The service is rather for "full" employed mae baan then for part-time cleaning but ask for what you need. The woman are trained in farang level cleaning and in some English, and "proofed" of honesty. Bliss works under a foundation's umbrella; for the general training and then finding the "right" person for you a single donation (about 3.000) is expected. Later you deal only with your mae baan. For more information look first at FB page https://www.facebook.com/blissnetworkcm/ and then call Kristin 080 491 80 62.

I love that philosophy....

I used Bliss and now have a full time Mae Baan who I'm very happy with. Kristi has been great, a really good service all round ;)