New Site Feedback

Tech Doctor

6 minutes ago, MJCM said:

@VBF

Yes, that it is what I am seeing, I can't delete them.

I have turned most of my Notifications so I don't get many. The old notifications before August 1st are gone but the ones after that I can't delete

@MJCM As I say, I think that may be expected behaviour - after all as long as the most recent ones are at the top and you have to scroll down to see older ones, does it matter?  Actually, i like it the way it is - might be one of those "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" items :D 

TD has already commented on what I thought may be a bug.....actually, whilst we have your attention @Tech Doctor, is there any update on being able to get a "New Daily Posts" email - as we used to before the upgrade?  Or is that on your (enormous) "To Do list?

Edited by VBF

6 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

It's on the to do list. Just having to wait for all indexing to finish before I start to work through a lot of it.

TD

@Tech DoctorExcellent - thank you.  :thumbsup:

You probably know this but on a related issue if one clicks on the "Subscribe to daily newsletter" button, it is a hyperlink but it does nothing - see attached. Sorry if that's obvious from the preceding comments but just an "FYI" 

Capture4.JPG

Edited by VBF

17 minutes ago, VBF said:

@MJCM As I say, I think that may be expected behaviour - after all as long as the most recent ones are at the top and you have to scroll down to see older ones, does it matter?  Actually, i like it the way it is - might be one of those "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" items :D 

Expected Behavior ?  Not be able to delete old notifications, I sincerely doubt it, but I could be wrong. I can live with it as I don't get many notifications but I think it will be a waste of space on the server, but as TD is aware of it let's see if it gets adressed.

In the old version there was also a problem with the Notifications, You could delete them in the Web Browser but when you did,  they still would show up (even new ones (after you disabled the notifications) in the Mobile App Version.

6 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Expected Behavior ?  Not be able to delete old notifications, I sincerely doubt it, but I could be wrong. I can live with it as I don't get many notifications but I think it will be a waste of space on the server, but as TD is aware of it let's see if it gets adressed.

In the old version there was also a problem with the Notifications, You could delete them in the Web Browser but when you did,  they still would show up (even new ones (after you disabled the notifications) in the Mobile App Version.

@MJCM What would be a very tidy solution to the possible space issue  might be that the read notifications get purged from the server after a period of time. This might be where thy're heading when indexing is done and bugs are fixed and....and...and!

As i say, I like it as it is but have no strong feelings either way on this one.

@VBF

In the old version that was already the case BUT only with the Notifications in the Mobile App version.

First you deleted the Notifications in the Web version and then after a while (anywhere from 1 week - 2 months) the notifications were purged in the Mobile App.

Better IMO would be to be able the delete the notifications individually on both Web and App version, but that's just a suggestion as I am not really bothered by it (No Notifications) :D (Peace and Quiet)

Edited by MJCM

I'm using Chrome with Windows 8.   All the other hundreds of fora i am on (!!)  i have no problem with the page size.

I am not going to start playing around with my computer just to be satisfied with the way that TVF layout is good for me.

So i shall just lump it and leave it as it is.

How can I undelete an attachment? I attached a .jpg, decided to edit it, so clicked the delete icon on .jpg, uploaded the second .jpg and now both appear in the preview window. Both will appear in my post.

This happens only when I am posting in that thread. So these pictures don't appear here in this post, but will re-appear in the other thread as soon as I want to make another post there.

19 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Your are not alone in your search, but the darn thing is not working yet.

"My Activity Streams" works - see attached The second pic is the drop-down you get when you click on "My Activity Streams"

Capture5.JPG

Capture6.JPG

Edited by VBF

30 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

How can I undelete an attachment? I attached a .jpg, decided to edit it, so clicked the delete icon on .jpg, uploaded the second .jpg and now both appear in the preview window. Both will appear in my post.

This happens only when I am posting in that thread. So these pictures don't appear here in this post, but will re-appear in the other thread as soon as I want to make another post there.

Here's a test:

First file attached: Flower1.jpg

Previewed OK. Then I deleted it by clicking on "Remove this attachment".

Second file attached: Flower 2.jpg

Preview shows both pictures in the post. In edit mode, only one icon is shown - the second one. So in edit mode, just below the "Drag files here..." window, it correctly displays a thumbnail of just the one picture I want to post.

Now I'll remove the second and add a third: Flower3.jpg.

Preview mode shows all 3 pictures, edit mode correctly shows just the last one.

So the other two "Removed" attachments are not removed.

Now to see if they actually get posted. I'll hit the "Submit Reply" button and...

flower1.jpg

flower2.jpg

flower3.jpg

Edit:

There ya go - all 3 pictures are posted even though I removed the first two attachments.

Edit again:

And now I see all three icons in the "Drag files here" window. They just won't go, will they?

Edited by JetsetBkk

Oops, just got a double post - maybe because TV failed to respond to my first submission so I hit the "Try again" button.

Hopefully, no more flower pictures in this post - none are shown in Edit mode as attachments.

Edited by JetsetBkk

When i think to Thaivisa, i think to

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

This is the end.

1 minute ago, alocacoc said:

When i think to Thaivisa, i think to

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

This is the end.

No....... it's still a work in progress until TD tells us otherwise!   I was getting the same as you got just 5 minutes ago.

Edited by VBF

Test post.

flower1.jpg

flower2.jpg

flower3.jpg

Edit:

The damn flowers are back again! default_clap2.gif

I never put them there!

Edit again:

But they don't appear in posts in another thread, such as here:

Edited by JetsetBkk

The workaround to get rid of multiple attachments if I recall, is to delete the images cache in your browser. Worked for me in Chrome. I would not be surprised if a lot of the problems people are having could be solved by deleting browser cookies and cache. It's what tech support usually ask you to do. 

5 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Here's a new post. No flowers seen in Edit mode or Preview mode.

Edit:

Still no flowers. So the problem has fixed itself. Maybe.

3 hours ago, kkerry said:

The workaround to get rid of multiple attachments if I recall, is to delete the images cache in your browser. Worked for me in Chrome. I would not be surprised if a lot of the problems people are having could be solved by deleting browser cookies and cache. It's what tech support usually ask you to do. 

I found a way of fixing the problem. Your cache method may work, but I didn't try it .

What I did was to submit the post, which shows all the unwanted attachments and then edit the post and remove the unwanted attachments.

They didn't come back.  post-35489-0-48650100-1438590474.gif

7 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

It is not working. All my old post are still not showing in Content I posted in.

Because Indexing isn't finished yet.!

index.JPG

Edit: And when it will be finished I can't say, only Tech Doctor can (maybe ;) )

Edited by MJCM

We should start a pool to see which happens first -- this site to finish indexing and get something close to the same degree of functionality as the previous one or the junta gov't to actually have an election. 

Edited by Inn Between
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

The indexing was 30/50% finished 3 days ago, but not a single of my old post are showing. 

Same here. let's wait what @Tech Doctor has to say !

Edit: The oldest post I can see is from August 1st.

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Inn Between said:

We should start a pool to see which happens first -- this site to finish indexing and get something close to the same degree of functionality <snip>

I agree, but do you have any idea how many posts / topics etc there are?

However, It's indeed taking a loooonnnnggggg time for the indexing to finish.

Edited by MJCM

Just now, MJCM said:

I agree, but do you have any idea who many posts / topics etc there are?

However, It's indeed taking a loooonnnnggggg time for the indexing to finish.

Google can index the whole Internet several time every day, but I guess TD is manually going through every single post, if he is even out of bed yet.