New Site Feedback

Tech Doctor

23 minutes ago, SattaheapSea said:

is there any reason to keep the hosting site in Singapore?

is it because of a few hops between users and the cloud servers?

as I know google has servers in Thailand and Facebook.

Can't you do that?

I'm guessing, just guessing, it just might have something to do with the Thai government's tendency to interfere with local websites and, at times, arrest those responsible for them.

But it's also worth mentioning, Singapore is the regional hub for the internet, with far better international connectivity than Thailand has. Keeping in mind, those who read and use ThaiVisa aren't just located inside Thailand. I'm assuming, they're all over the world.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I'm guessing, just guessing, it just might have something to do with the Thai government's tendency to interfere with local websites and, at times, arrest those responsible for them.

I C

this is it.

thank you .TallGuyJohninBKK.

50 minutes ago, Seizetheday said:

Ok, thanks. I wouldn't know what a personalised view was if it hit me on the head, I'll come back in a month and see if it's improved.

You'll probably get more out of it if you make an effort to engage with the new format, rather than just hoping it'll somehow magically reveal itself to you. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2fishin2 said:

Get rid of the pictures showing up on the main preview page of app. I want to browse and search for a topic and not have ridiculous pics take up half my screen.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I need to zoom 150% just rid the screen of them on PC

I haven't trawled through all the posts, so I don't know if this has been brought up previously...

But...

....I find the light blue text quite difficult to read.

Then you have the pale blue text, ie. names of "Like this" members and "number of posts", which are extremely pale.

Then you have light blue text over a pale blue background...

• Like 1

This might have already been  said , I am not going go though all the posts to find out.

When  writing a post ,attaching a  file ,in my case  photographs ,where has the "preview post"  gone,  photos  on the posts  about fill the screen  when attaching  photos to the  post ,and on my camera , photos  only a small  size ,before  you could  preview  the post  to see if the photos  look  ok in full size  ,now it is a gamble , worried about ,photos out of focus ,bits missing , or not just not good enough .

So can you please bring back the "preview post ",or is it still there ,but in a different place .

2 minutes ago, kickstart said:

This might have already been  said , I am not going go though all the posts to find out.

When  writing a post ,attaching a  file ,in my case  photographs ,where has the "preview post"  gone,  photos  on the posts  about fill the screen  when attaching  photos to the  post ,and on my camera , photos  only a small  size ,before  you could  preview  the post  to see if the photos  look  ok in full size  ,now it is a gamble , worried about ,photos out of focus ,bits missing , or not just not good enough .

So can you please bring back the "preview post ",or is it still there ,but in a different place .

Look just above the top left hand of your reply window, and you should see a preview icon (page and magnifying glass) click on that and you should be able to preview your post.

• Like 1

The new setup causes my mobile (Oppo R7plus, Android 5.1.1) to hang from time to time: it does not matter which browser I use, the result is the same..... Sometimes, (and there seems to be no pattern to this), it takes me to whatever forum / page I want, but others, it loads slowly and then reports an "Empty Page" error. From there, it seems the only way to access TVF may be by rebooting the phone.

I have no doubt that this was a large and complicated switch, but I have to say, I'm disappointed at the current state of things.  Please try to make the site as user friendly as it was before.  In particular: (1) a  button for "my content" that is easily accessed (2) search results that show the entire archive and not just since the switch. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, up-country_sinclair said:

I have no doubt that this was a large and complicated switch, but I have to say, I'm disappointed at the current state of things.  Please try to make the site as user friendly as it was before.  In particular: (1) a  button for "my content" that is easily accessed (2) search results that show the entire archive and not just since the switch. Thanks.

Totally agree with both suggestions.

The first one re My Content, I can't imagine why someone decided to remove the formerly easy to see, easy to access My Content button -- even though the same display is still available if you dig into the menus on the new format.

The second one re search results, I'm assuming the limited search returns are a temporary function of the ThaiVisa new system not yet having indexed all the voluminous content of the past, something that clearly was going to take some time. Hopefully, that will be a short-lived problem.

On 8/7/2016 at 5:10 AM, taotoo said:

Do you see something like this, and can you click the icon at top-right (three horizontal lines)?

Capture.JPG

Yes, that is what I see when my browser is zoomed above 125%. 

Reducing Zoom levels ti 125% and below returns the bar to what the designers may have intended. 

Edited by radiochaser
corrections

10 hours ago, Rob8891 said:

Look just above the top left hand of your reply window, and you should see a preview icon (page and magnifying glass) click on that and you should be able to preview your post.

Thanks for that help but how in the world will the average user know that is there. Unless a person accidentally hovers their cursor over that icon and sees that i says Preview

Edited by longball53098
removed some mistaken characters
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, longball53098 said:

Thanks for that help but how in the world will the average user know that is there. Unless a person accidentally hovers their cursor over that icon and sees that i says Preview

The icon is similar to that used in quite a few other programs,  such as the MS Office suite, et al.

12 hours ago, 2fishin2 said:

Get rid of the pictures showing up on the main preview page of app. I want to browse and search for a topic and not have ridiculous pics take up half my screen.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Go into settings and knock off Image Previews. While you're at it, you can also turn off your Sig a bit below that.

More pressingly, lots of hanging/crashes and I still don't see a Quick Nav button. This is pretty much essential for rapidly getting around a site of this magnitude. I hope the clunky Browse dropdown is not its replacement.

when I logged in to a vpn server in Singapore 

error 500 is gone.

this is telling me something.

An error occurred (500 Error)

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now. 

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later. 

Adm. look  at my ip please

Edited by SattaheapSea

I totally agree, this programming language they are using is meant for nerds and not normal people, they make it harder to even find a simple preview button. Instead of making it simple they try to make it as advanced as possible.

I have just disabled the tapatalk plugin as it seems to be the culprit after discussions with Invision, we will leave this off for the next two days and monitor stability.

Again we are trying to sort our the stability issues stopping people using the forum

TD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, balo said:

I totally agree, this programming language they are using is meant for nerds and not normal people, they make it harder to even find a simple preview button. Instead of making it simple they try to make it as advanced as possible.

Programming language?

It's navigating a few menus, not writing code.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

I have just disabled the tapatalk plugin as it seems to be the culprit after discussions with Invision, we will leave this off for the next two days and monitor stability.

Again we are trying to sort our the stability issues stopping people using the forum

TD

Please TD put this also in the announcements and the Mobile Section as it will cause people again start posting "Why can't I connect with my Mobile device"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoiBiker said:

Programming language?

It's navigating a few menus, not writing code.

he probably meant the way they wrote this chunk of codes but he isn't an IT guy so his explanation is in between the development side and the end-user side.   Thus, we all seem to understand what he is talking about, do we?

Rather he is complaining about the overall design.HCI

10 minutes ago, Carib said:

This doesn't make sense to me, care to explain?

It's almost impossible for me to loading sites since the update.  Average loading time; 20-30 seconds. Often enough. Time out. Now i click on "Submit Reply", then it changes to "Saving" and there is a good chance that nothing more happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alocacoc said:

It's almost impossible for me to loading sites since the update.  Average loading time; 20-30 seconds. Often enough. Time out. Now i click on "Submit Reply", then it changes to "Saving" and there is a good chance that nothing more happen.

ok, I see what you mean now and it makes more sense. Don't know what kind of device you use to connect to TV, but if a laptop or pc try cleaning the cache and start over again. For me TV is performing better and better, besides the problems announced by the Techies which they are trying to fix.