Wife Working In Uk

OK guys ,thanks again for your heilp with my successul tourist visa application for my TGF.Now i need to know the regulations about Thai wives working in the U.K.

I am seriously giving thought to marriage but i am concerned about what she will do all day if she is not allowed to work or study in the U.K.

all info /insight greatly appreciated . :o

If you get married in Thailand and your wife then goes to the UK on a settlement visa she can go to work and study straight away. If she goes to the UK on a fiance visa to get married in the UK she can't work/study untill after you are married.

OK guys ,thanks again for your heilp with my successul tourist visa application for my TGF.Now i need to know the regulations about Thai wives working in the U.K.

I am seriously giving thought to marriage but i am concerned about what she will do all day if she is not allowed to work or study in the U.K.

all info /insight greatly appreciated . :o

Your wife can work in the UK when she is your wife and has settlement visa, As a tourist on a tourist visa work is prohibited. With the settlement visa she needs to apply for a NI number (some places want you to get the work offer first and some work places want the NI number first, a bit catch 22)

Anyway you shouldn't worry she'll be too damned cold to get out of bed for the first few months!!

your girlfriend can study in the uk on the tourist visa - she has to pay for it. after the marriage she will have a right for a free education and have the right to work.

as about the right to work and NI number - the employer can give her a letter stating that they will employ and you get your number. Another option is self-employement - just send a form to the the Revenue, arrange DSS appointment and within a few weeks you have your NI card

All here... :o

When do I apply for a National Insurance number?

No one has a legal right to a National Insurance number but there are circumstances you are legally obliged to formally apply for one and to register for National Insurance purposes.

Criteria for applying for a National Insurance number

If you do not already have a National Insurance number you must apply for one as soon as you start work or you or your partner claims benefit.

You must be over 16 years old and resident in Great Britain.

If you satisfy all the above conditions except for being resident in GB, and you still want to apply for a number, you must be liable to pay National Insurance contributions or want to pay voluntary contributions and would benefit from doing so.

Providing you satisfy these conditions, you should contact your nearest Social Security office (This is a link to the DWP (formerly DSS) website) and ask for an appointment to be interviewed for a National Insurance number.

At the interview you will need to be able to prove your identity.

You can find out information about the types of documents you should provide to help establish your identity in leaflet GL25 available from any Social Security office (This is a link to the DWP (formerly DSS) website).

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/nic/ynino.htm :D

Local office search

Use the links below to find local office contact details.

Jobcentre Plus (this link will take you to the Jobcentre Plus website)

Bereavement benefits, Cold Weather Payments, crisis loans, funeral payments, Incapacity Benefit, Income Support, Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit, Jobseeker’s Allowance, Maternity Allowance, Sure Start Maternity Grant and other benefits for people of working age.

Child Support Agency (this link will take you to the Child Support Agency website)

Child Support.

The Pension Service (this link will take you to The Pension Service website)

State Pension, Pension Credit, Winter Fuel Payment.

For war pensions go to the Veterans Agency website.

Disability and Carers Service,Attendance Allowance

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/localoffice/index.asp

your girlfriend can study in the uk on the tourist visa - she has to pay for it. after the marriage she will have a right for a free education and have the right to work.

I am not sure this is correct LomndonThai, to study on a course at an authorised educational establishment for more than 15 hours a week she would need a student visa, she can not do this on a tourist visa

My girlfriend who is Namibian rather than Thai (but I thuink the principle would be tha same) was not allowed into the country, and this was after she was offered a course at uni on a very good course, The authorities simply would not let her do it, there were all sorts of reasons given, no need to go into detail here, my point is that I dont think your above statement is correct, or if it is in what context do you beleieve it to be correct

brits just did not want to give her a student visa - which is usually more complicated than a tourist visa (proof of a previous education, funds and letters from a new school). On a tourist visa she would be able to stay and study for a maximum 6 months.