Criticism grows for Trump's assailing of Muslim vet's family

webfact

The Khan's are dragging this on and milking it as much as Trump is. My view on this is, Yes the Khan's son died fighting for the US. The Khan's themselves didn't and Trump hasn't either. They are equally do nothings. What bothers me the most about this is the warped idea that everyone who has ever been in the military is somehow better than other Americans or cares or has done more than other Americans. Many who join the military just want the action and opportunity to fight and shoot people. I don't agree with the bs hero idea. It's the same idea pushed here in Thailand by those who abuse by the way. And like many, I was in the military too. I guess I am a greater being than so many of you who have done nothing for the nation. That's bs of course.

Edited by Alive

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Yeap, he's a whining little bitch who can dish it out, but can't take it.  He wants the freedom to say what he wants (non-PC), but can't handle the consequences of doing just that.

Now the little bitch is taking it from all sides.  From Warren Buffett, to John McCain, to Mark Cuban, to Gold Star families and the whole military community.  I hope Trump keeps running his mouth (especially about world affairs, like Russia) so he can demonstrate how incredibly stupid he is.  It won't matter to the dim core Trump supporters, but it will matter to the rest of America.    

The controversy over Donald Trump's ties to Russia, explained.

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/27/12271042/donald-trump-russia-putin-hack-explained

What could be more delicious than this entirely self inflicted, bleeding foot wound caused by the Khan Family "disrespecting" poor little hands. All Trump had to do...was ignore it. That's it! But Donald Trump is incapable of avoiding even the smallest slight. The Khans weren't even on TV during prime time. But Trump in his infinite wisdom couldn't help himself...and went after them as the thin skinned bully always does.  

He's such an asshat. 

Now it just gets better and better as the wingnuts go after the Khans. The Khans are a Muslim Brotherhood plant? Oh my Buddha!

Do you think Trump monitors this forum and gets his policy ideas from the wingnut trolls? 

Nice little bump from the convention. I expect it will be 20 points by election day. 

45 minutes ago, helpisgood said:

Right!  The DNC was trying to spin the story that way, but the full story was eclipsed by Donald's thin skin.  Shut up about the Gold Star family and go after the DNC email story. 

Right!  The DNC was trying to spin the story that way, but the full story was eclipsed by Donald's thin skin.  Shut up about the Gold Star family and go after the DNC email story Trumps tax returns.

Send in Anonymous  to hack his servers.

Edited by Skywalker69

Trump's idiocy doesn't make all of Hillary's views legit. Too bad for the right wingers for choosing this guy. They really blew it. I'm liberal but when libs are corrupt, f them. It's still a story of lesser evils. 

As a general rule, it is a good idea to give parents (and spouses) who have lost a loved one a great deal of latitude.   This would have been a situation where it would have been best to give no response.   

7 minutes ago, Credo said:

As a general rule, it is a good idea to give parents (and spouses) who have lost a loved one a great deal of latitude.   This would have been a situation where it would have been best to give no response.   

I agree!  And a loved one that died serving his country.

The Dems probably baited Trump, knowing his temperament, and Trump went for it.  If he becomes president, who else on the foreign stage will be able to do the same with even more dire consequences?

Edited by helpisgood
forgot to add

5 minutes ago, Credo said:

That would have been impossible for Trump. There is no one in the Trump campaign that can stop him from Tweeting. Tweeting is life to Trump. So, we get the thinned skinned bully responding to everybody and everything.

Sooooo Presidential. :cheesy:

I also agree. Trump should have said nothing regarding the Khan's and the loss of their son. . The majority of the time he is insulting; plays to racism; and simply does not have his facts right. The man is not qualified to be president and if somehow elected will go down in history as the worst president ever elected. He has no plan to make America or Americans better. He deals in hyperbole and ignorance. Frankly, I dont care whether Clinton has hidden emails; who Bill had affairs with; and what she did as Secretary of State. What I want to hear is how either candidate will move America and its people forward in the World and how the 1% will be made to provide the 99% their just due. That would involve more progressive programs; including tax reform; a viable healthcare system that is truly universal; a raise in the minimum wage; and the regulation of Wall Street and big banks.  Trump simply has no plan. While hillary may not engender people as someone you can sit down and have a conversation with- she at least has past experience and she has a plan. Trump has only a big mouth.

39 minutes ago, Alive said:

The Khan's are dragging this on and milking it as much as Trump is. My view on this is, Yes the Khan's son died fighting for the US. The Khan's themselves didn't and Trump hasn't either. They are equally do nothings. What bothers me the most about this is the warped idea that everyone who has ever been in the military is somehow better than other Americans or cares or has done more than other Americans. Many who join the military just want the action and opportunity to fight and shoot people. I don't agree with the bs hero idea. It's the same idea pushed here in Thailand by those who abuse by the way. And like many, I was in the military too. I guess I am a greater being than so many of you who have done nothing for the nation. That's bs of course.

Man, you've totally lost the plot.  They are not "equally do nothings."  One lost a son--in the service of his country--the other did not.  And if you don't think that those who died on the battlefield are heroes....lordy.

3 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Trump might be receiving criticism for his viewpoints on the muslim vet but hold the bus.  There's more to this story than meets the eye:

Khizr Khan’s Deep Legal, Financial Connections to Saudi Arabia, Hillary’s Clinton Foundation Tie Terror, Immigration, Email Scandals Together

"Khizr Khan, the Muslim Gold Star father that the mainstream media and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton have been using to criticize Donald J. Trump, has deep ties to the government of Saudi Arabia—and to international Islamist investors through his own law firm ."

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/08/01/clinton-cash-khizr-khans-deep-legal-financial-connections-saudi-arabia-hillarys-clinton-foundation-connect-terror-immigration-email-scandals/

Read the article.  Sounds like this Khizr Khan has more than one dog in this fight. :blink:

Are you sure seems more likely that Trump is suffering from the early symptoms or dementia

21 minutes ago, ThaiWest said:

~

By PAUL BEDARD (@SECRETSBEDARD)  8/1/16

The father of a Muslim-American soldier killed in Iraq who is caught up in a war of words with Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is an immigration lawyer who specializes in a highly controversial program accused of letting immigrants buy their way into the U.S.

Khizr M. Khan's website notes that he works to help clients with the E-2 and EB-5 programs that let overseas investors buy into U.S. companies and also provides green cards for family members.

It also said that he helps in the purchase of U.S. real estate and businesses. The website lists his ability to practice in New York, though it gives a Washington phone number for the lawyer who lives in Virginia. A man who answered the phone said the website was correct, though he would not identify himself.

"The E-2 and EB-5 are two of the most notoriously abused visa categories that essentially allow wealthy foreigners to buy their way to U.S. residency, and possibly citizenship, with a relatively modest investment," said Jessica Vaughan, the policy director for the Center for Immigration Studies.

The EB-5 program has been caught up in multiple scandals and critics are pressing Congress to kill it.

"The EB-5 is literally a 'citizenship for sale' program in which a visa for a whole can be bought for as little $500,000," Vaughan told Secrets. "It is literally a 'citizenship for sale' program, and it's an amazing deal. Compared to other countries, America is the Walmart of investor visa programs," she added.

One criticism is that it allows an immigrant to invest $500,000 in an approved type of business and in return get a set of green cards for the investor, the investor's spouse, and all their under 21-years-of-age children.

Other documented problems include foreigners getting fleeced in fraudulent schemes to help them invest in the U.S.

There is no indication that Khan's clients have been caught up in the controversies

The Center for Immigration Studies has written several reports on problems with the green card investor program.

Khan also offers other immigration services, according to his website:

KM KHAN LAW OFFICE

Khizr Muazzam Khan

Attorney at Law

International Business Legal Advice and Representation

At the KM Khan Law Office we recognize that world economies are rapidly becoming more interdependent and integrated. We advise businesses and business owners from around the globe on a wide range of legal concerns, including:

— How to conduct business in the different parts of the world including the United States, Latin America, Asia, Middle East.

— How to select an appropriate business form - partnership, corporation or joint venture.

— The purchase or sale of commercial real estate.

— Issues related to franchise business.

— Legal representation in litigation and arbitration to resolve business dispute.

— E2 Treaty Investor and EB5 Investor Services and Immigration Services.

Paul Bedard, the Washington Examiner's "Washington Secrets" columnist, can be contacted at [email protected]

"One criticism is that it allows an immigrant to invest $500,000 in an approved type of business and in return get a set of green cards for the investor, the investor's spouse, and all their under 21-years-of-age children."

So it's legal then, which begs the question; what's your point????

3 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Trump might be receiving criticism for his viewpoints on the muslim vet but hold the bus.  There's more to this story than meets the eye:

Khizr Khan’s Deep Legal, Financial Connections to Saudi Arabia, Hillary’s Clinton Foundation Tie Terror, Immigration, Email Scandals Together

"Khizr Khan, the Muslim Gold Star father that the mainstream media and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton have been using to criticize Donald J. Trump, has deep ties to the government of Saudi Arabia—and to international Islamist investors through his own law firm ."

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/08/01/clinton-cash-khizr-khans-deep-legal-financial-connections-saudi-arabia-hillarys-clinton-foundation-connect-terror-immigration-email-scandals/

Read the article.  Sounds like this Khizr Khan has more than one dog in this fight. :blink:

"Khizr Khan, the Muslim Gold Star father that the mainstream media and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton have been using to criticize Donald J. Trump, has deep ties to the government of Saudi Arabia...."

And?? The US government also has deep ties to the Saudi government. The Bush family also had/has deep ties to the Saudi government. So what's your point??

"....and to international Islamist investors through his own law firm ."

"Islamist" investors? Are those investors who support terrorism, or are they just muslim? You DO know that Arab/Muslim investors have invested billions of dollars in the US market, right?

31 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Man, you've totally lost the plot.  They are not "equally do nothings."  One lost a son--in the service of his country--the other did not.  And if you don't think that those who died on the battlefield are heroes....lordy.

The son is the hero, the person who did something, not the parents. The parents and Trump should leave it at that. The parents are the ones question Trump's patriotism through their son. Trump never said anything against their son's patriotism. As for the heroes part, sorry but I just don't believe in that bs. Were Bill and Hillary cheering the soldiers in Vietnam? Why not?

4 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

International Muslim Investors - Oh My! Money is no longer fungible? Now we have to be concerned about Muslim money.

Well at least the Dow Jones Islamic Fund seems to be performing well http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/IMANX?ltr=1

I guess we should forgive whichever Breitbart flak this poster cribbed from since obviously they were at it all night coming up with attack pieces for the social media donkeys to use on this issue. It seems that the fringe right have no problem compromising any of their 'traditional' principles in order to pull down anybody who dares to expose the Trump lies. Now they turn against capitalism!

1 hour ago, Alive said:

The Khan's are not "dragging this on", it's Trump and his stupid obsession with Twitter.

2 hours ago, NeverSure said:

Trump had nothing at all to do with Khan's son's death. Hillary did as she voted for the war. Trump was against the war, said so at the time, and if up to him Khan's son would probably still be alive.

Yet who does the press attack? Wikileaks has already proven that the press and Clinton work together on their talking points, but they got this one wrong. Khan is a member of the Muslim Brotherhood and makes his living selling visas to Islamists. He used to be Clinton's lawyer.

This was a setup that's backfiring.

Cheers.

I wonder if Stephanopolos' question to Trump about sacrifice http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/30/trump-says-hes-made-a-lot-of-sacrifices-in-response-to-khizr-khans-blistering-dnc-speech.html could be directed to the Trump fanboys themselves. It is clear that the only thing they think they have sacrificed is their sense of entitlement in favor of affirmative action, respect for diversity and inclusivity.

This is what Governor Kasich said about how to talk about Gold Star families 

23 minutes ago, Alive said:

The son is the hero, the person who did something, not the parents. The parents and Trump should leave it at that. The parents are the ones question Trump's patriotism through their son. Trump never said anything against their son's patriotism. As for the heroes part, sorry but I just don't believe in that bs. Were Bill and Hillary cheering the soldiers in Vietnam? Why not?

I think you'll find the issue is that Trump is painting a picture that all Muslims are potential enemies of America, which most certainly *does* question the patriotism of their son and every other Muslim American citizen.

2 minutes ago, Chicog said:

The Khan's are not "dragging this on", it's Trump and his stupid obsession with Twitter.

I don't Twitter.

Do you?

A greiving parent would be well reminded that if they toss their son's corpse into the political landscape then its going to be played by anyone and everyone.

now it appears this Khan family has a very strong political agenda and ties to the DNC.

Their Son deserves every Americans respect and gratitude.

No parent should suffer the loss of their child. 

A wise parent grieves in silence and not on the National stage where Dems exploit the fallen soldier as much as Trump.

2 hours ago, helpisgood said:

You can partly blame Trump for this.  Just when the headlines could have been about the DNC rigging the primaries and Bernie supporters making noise at the Convention, Donald created a new headline to replace it.  Sometimes it's best to shut up or at least not say anything even remotely close to being controversial.  And this guy thinks he can handle world diplomacy?  He's a clown!

PS, maybe Donald should learn to be a politician now and again.  Being a pol is not all bad.

How incredibly naive. Someone hasn't been paying attention :coffee1:

1 hour ago, ClutchClark said:

I don't Twitter.

Do you?

A greiving parent would be well reminded that if they toss their son's corpse into the political landscape then its going to be played by anyone and everyone.

now it appears this Khan family has a very strong political agenda and ties to the DNC.

Their Son deserves every Americans respect and gratitude.

No parent should suffer the loss of their child. 

A wise parent grieves in silence and not on the National stage where Dems exploit the fallen soldier as much as Trump.

"...toss their son's corpse into the political landscape..."

That's a totally disgusting thing to say.

1 hour ago, Chicog said:

I think you'll find the issue is that Trump is painting a picture that all Muslims are potential enemies of America, which most certainly *does* question the patriotism of their son and every other Muslim American citizen.

I don't think Trump denies that this Muslim soldier deserves respect. The anti-Trump people say Trumps a racist and anti-Muslim but the evidence of his life doesn't support that. He's a terrible candidate and horrible with speeches but he isn't as the left is making him out to be. I don't want him as president because he is a sociopath and megalomanic but he isn't racist or against Muslims. He has businesses in Muslim countries and plenty of Black, Asian and even Hispanic people support him. His problem is he is a typical stupid American white man who is full of himself and who is too stubborn to admit he's wrong just like so many of us arguing here.

5 minutes ago, Alive said:

I don't think Trump denies that this Muslim soldier deserves respect. The anti-Trump people say Trumps a racist and anti-Muslim but the evidence of his life doesn't support that. He's a terrible candidate and horrible with speeches but he isn't as the left is making him out to be. I don't want him as president because he is a sociopath and megalomanic but he isn't racist or against Muslims. He has businesses in Muslim countries and plenty of Black, Asian and even Hispanic people support him. His problem is he is a typical stupid American white man who is full of himself and who is too stubborn to admit he's wrong just like so many of us arguing here.

He has businesses in Muslim countries and plenty of Black, Asian and even Hispanic people support him.

The problem with words like plenty is that in terms of numbers -especially large numbers like electoral figures - is that they are essentially meaningless. We do know from polls that the percentage of Trump's support in the Black community is miniscule. A couple of polls even put it at 0.  And to say he's not racist when there's plenty of evidence to show that he is? Remember his retweet of the so-called fact that most murders of whites are committed by blacks?  Please.  The man is a racist.  And he attacked the Khans not on the content of what they said, but via the insinuation that she didn't speak because of their being Moslems.  Remember his comments about Mexican undocumented aliens? "Some, I assume, are good people."  Where have you been these last several months?