Criticism grows for Trump's assailing of Muslim vet's family

webfact

30 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

I won't be surprised to learn that you might have served in the US military…those types do think they are doing the greatest job in the world…

Even Ali the boxer refused to fight a war with people with whom he had no bone to pick….does that make him a coward? Doubt it.

Many soldiers who volunteer to fight do it because they have few other economic options. The painting of dead soldiers as heroes is just patriotic propaganda that must be carried out to attract even more soldier recruits and deflect from the reality that they have a good chance of dying on the job. And to appease the families of the dead by creating an aura of nobility….there is no nobility on the battlefield…its just chaos and carnage and sadness.

I think anyone who volunteers to fight, because they love fighting and killing, is a bit nuts.

>>I think anyone who volunteers to fight, because they love fighting and killing, is a bit nuts

....I am sure the draft dodger Trump would agree with you, except of course he's attempting to become Commander in Chief [of all Americans].

As Obama said of Trump: "Unfit to be President".

Edited by dexterm

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Jeez...that sounds more like foolhardiness rather than bravery....most smart soldiers would have just emptied an entire magazine into the windshield instead of waiting 15 seconds.   

Maybe he hesitated since the driver if the car was also no doubt muzzlim.   

As a pakistani boy, he should have known that islamic terrorists kill anyone...even Other muzzlims. 

The son was born in Dubai and graduated from John F. Kennedy High School in an upper middle class suburb of Washington DC, Chevy Chase Md. He was a grad of the University of Virginia and its US Army Senior ROTC program.

So it is six of one and a half dozen of another when Trump criticises a Gold Star Family and then some denizens assault the son because he was KIA. This is in fact the base nature of the Trump campaign of the 2016 Republican Party and its outcasts.

Each election of Potus military personnel in the all-volunteer armed forces are well known to vote Republican by a vast majority.

As the Military Times found in its survey in May....

In a new survey of American military personnel, Donald Trump emerged as active-duty service members' preference to become the next U.S. president, topping Hillary Clinton by more than a 2-to-1 margin. However, in the latest Military Times election survey, more than one in five troops said they’d rather not vote in November if they have to choose between just those two candidates.

But given only those choices, 21 percent of the service members surveyed said they would abstain from voting. More than 54 percent of the 951 troops Military Times surveyed said they would vote for Trump, the presumed Republican presidential nominee, over Clinton, the Democratic front-runner. Only about 25 percent said they would vote for Clinton in that matchup.

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/election/2016/05/09/military-times-survey-donald-trump-beats-hillary-clinton/84132402/

The survey did not of course include religion as a basis of voting because in the US armed forces religion is both irrelevant and has absolutely no bearing on one's loyalty or performance. 

We continue to see over time why the Constitution subordinates the military to the civilian control of the commander in chief and his designated civilian officers who command the commanding generals and admirals in every respect always and forever. 

I think his high school was JFK High School in SILVER SPRING, Maryland. Not Chevy Chase. A more diverse regular middle class area. Quite different than Chevy Chase which is one of the richest towns in the nation. Go Cavaliers!

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I think his high school was JFK High School in SILVER SPRING, Maryland. Not Chevy Chase. A more diverse regular middle class area. Quite different than Chevy Chase which is one of the richest towns in the nation. Go Cavaliers!

Yep so thx for that. I lived in Northern Virginia six years (Arlington) and in DC nine years, back and forth rather than continuously, so I seldom got into the MD burbs cept for a few friends or colleagues -- or the Preakness.

I'd reckon most of the Clinton vote in the active duty armed forces comes from the various demographic minorities in uniform. More officers prefer Clinton than the enlisted personnel do, but Trump still leads among the officer corps. 

A television network today interviewed an Air Force former captain who was OIC of a nuclear missile silo in North Dakota. The guy said he'd undergone intensive and extensive psychological and emotional stability examination before he was let in to the silo command bunker deep underground. The interviewer made the wry comment the officer was probably safer underground at the missile silo with Trump as Potus than anyone anywhere above it.  

16 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Jeez...that sounds more like foolhardiness rather than bravery....most smart soldiers would have just emptied an entire magazine into the windshield instead of waiting 15 seconds.   

Maybe he hesitated since the driver if the car was also no doubt muzzlim.   

As a pakistani boy, he should have known that islamic terrorists kill anyone...even Other muzzlims. 

This is astonishing news. The US military allows foreign nationals not only to join the service but promotes them? I had no idea that Captain Human Saqib Muazzam Khan was not an American citizen.

How do you know these things that others seem not to?

1 hour ago, PTC said:

This is astonishing news. The US military allows foreign nationals not only to join the service but promotes them? I had no idea that Captain Human Saqib Muazzam Khan was not an American citizen.

He may be an american on paper…but he will always be pakistani at heart….dont you ever forget that.

14 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

He may be an american on paper…but he will always be pakistani at heart….dont you ever forget that.

That's offensive. Even worse hateful rhetoric than trump used and that takes some doing.

12 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

What is it about the Brits and your resentment of South Asians. Sucked them dry for generations and now don't have the basic human morality to extend to them any respect as people. How dare the father of this fallen soldier speak out as a Muslim American. The old white men don't like that at all. Minorities no longer accept being defined by you. Don't you ever forget that.

On 2 สิงหาคม 2559 at 6:19 PM, Publicus said:

Kasich was never in the contest for the nomination. The day Kasich announced he was already a has been who never was as a potential nominee. Trump had no effect on the Kasich candidacy whereas Trump demolished the Bush family/mafia.

As Governor of Ohio John Kasich and his formidable body of supporters will, frankly speaking, screw Trump there, and Trump has already lost Ohio because Trump makes suburban white married Republican women wretch -- and this is true throughout the country.

Mr. Khan spoke extemporaneously as a trained and experienced lawyer would do, and as a father would do. He happens to have his views about Donald Trump just as the Republican rightwing mother at the Republican convention has her partisan and personal view of Hillary Clinton.

So this election campaign includes as a present centerpiece two dueling Gold Star Families, one blaming the Democrats and Hillary Clinton specifically for all evils, the other cussing out Donald Trump the Ignoramus, each family speaking from a national convention platform. Although the Khan Gold Star Family introduces the central element of religion to the duel, which gives 'em the moral high ground against Trump and the Republican party of 2016, let's call it even.

All the same, Donald Trump deserves the bum's rush in this election and he's going to get it on November 8th, which will mark the end of the right wing fringe extremist political paranoids for good.  No one has ever believed the pararightwingnoids and after the November crusher no one will ever have the time of day for 'em again.

I'm starting to think that Trump has completely lost the plot and is headed for destruction.

However, those that vote for HRC had better remember that when she drags the country to ruin, continuing Obama's failed policies.

What happened to the US that the two most unlikeable candidates ever are in contention for POTUS? Says much as to how broken American politics are.

While Trump may go down in flames at the election, I hope to enjoy the spectacle of him destroying the pants suited one in the debates.

1 hour ago, PTC said:

I could have joined the US military as long as I was allowed to reside in the US. I checked it out once and still have the letter. However, that was back when the Vietnam war was on, so things may have changed.

7 minutes ago, PTC said:

What is it about the Brits and your resentment of South Asians. Sucked them dry for generations and now don't have the basic human morality to extend to them any respect as people. How dare the father of this fallen soldier speak out as a Muslim American. The old white men don't like that at all. Minorities no longer accept being defined by you. Don't you ever forget that.

Many Brits are opposed to Pakistanis having had ghettos full of them for generations- not popular at all. However, I agree that Britain exploited them, just as Britain exploited Africa and all the other countries it colonised.

2 hours ago, Publicus said:

Yep so thx for that. I lived in Northern Virginia six years (Arlington) and in DC nine years, back and forth rather than continuously, so I seldom got into the MD burbs cept for a few friends or colleagues -- or the Preakness.

I'd reckon most of the Clinton vote in the active duty armed forces comes from the various demographic minorities in uniform. More officers prefer Clinton than the enlisted personnel do, but Trump still leads among the officer corps.

A television network today interviewed an Air Force former captain who was OIC of a nuclear missile silo in North Dakota. The guy said he'd undergone intensive and extensive psychological and emotional stability examination before he was let in to the silo command bunker deep underground. The interviewer made the wry comment the officer was probably safer underground at the missile silo with Trump as Potus than anyone anywhere above it. 

The interviewer made the wry comment

Which is why Trump is correct when he calls the media biased. That moron should remember his job is to interview people and report that, not make stupid comments. I also really despise tv interviews where the interviewer insists in having his or her face inserted frequently into the narrative. The Prima Donnas should keep their faces out of the interview- it's not about them!

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Many Brits are opposed to Pakistanis having had ghettos full of them for generations- not popular at all. However, I agree that Britain exploited them, just as Britain exploited Africa and all the other countries it colonised.

Perhaps they lived in ghettos because landlords were allowed to advertize  "No dogs, no Irish, no coloreds"...which I am sure was not very popular with the victims of bigotry either.

Chicken or the egg?

Trump is still blowing the same trumpet, which is still causing community divisions.

4 hours ago, dexterm said:

>>I think anyone who volunteers to fight, because they love fighting and killing, is a bit nuts

....I am sure the draft dodger Trump would agree with you, except of course he's attempting to become Commander in Chief [of all Americans].

As Obama said of Trump: "Unfit to be President".

You should leave Obama out of it. The nearest he got to a real battlefield was in the safety of his bunker, thousands of miles away. Not saying Trump would be different, but none of them have earned the right to be described as "courageous" as Obama has been described sometimes.

9 minutes ago, dexterm said:

Perhaps they lived in ghettos because landlords were allowed to advertize  "No dogs, no Irish, no coloreds"...which I am sure was not very popular with the victims of bigotry either.

Chicken or the egg?

Trump is still blowing the same trumpet, which is still causing community divisions.

Sadly, I have to agree about Trump. Unfortunately it will let a worse person than Obama to become POTUS.

Still, people have short memories and there is time for a real upset in the Clinton camp before November. The secret transfer of cash to Iran is looking promising as long as the media reports it.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

34 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That's offensive. Even worse hateful rhetoric than trump used and that takes some doing.

32 minutes ago, PTC said:

You guys have no idea of the cultural mindset that governs such matters…..a pakistani family comes to america and takes up citizenship…and suddenly they stop being pakistani/muslim…..get a grip lads. This is precisely why europe and uk have lost control over their lands.

Edited by JHolmesJr

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You should leave Obama out of it. The nearest he got to a real battlefield was in the safety of his bunker, thousands of miles away. Not saying Trump would be different, but none of them have earned the right to be described as "courageous" as Obama has been described sometimes.

President Obama has visited troops in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

He was 7 years old at the time Trump began his draft dodging in 1968.

He was 42 years old in 2003 when Republican Bush unnecessarily invaded Iraq.

Edited by dexterm

1 minute ago, JHolmesJr said:

You guys have no idea of the cultural mindset that governs such matters…..a pakistani family comes to america and takes up citizenship…and suddenly they stop being pakistani/muslim…..get a grip lads.

their son was 2 years old when he came here. He grew up in America.  Most likely he couldn't remember a time when he wasn't in America.  But somehow he's a Pakistani?  

5 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

their son was 2 years old when he came here. He grew up in America.  Most likely he couldn't remember a time when he wasn't in America.  But somehow he's a Pakistani?  

Definitely

Look at the numbers of radiicized Muslims that have gone on terror sprees.One example is the Orlando shooter...

HAHAHA Only Fox news could get Olly North on to talk about the ethics of weapons deals with Muslim countries

1 minute ago, Boon Mee said:

Definitely

Look at the numbers of radiicized Muslims that have gone on terror sprees.One example is the Orlando shooter...

Yeah..... trying to find the killers name in this list...... there's some non-Muslims in there..... 

:coffee1:

https://www.massshootingtracker.org/data

15 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

You guys have no idea of the cultural mindset that governs such matters…..a pakistani family comes to america and takes up citizenship…and suddenly they stop being pakistani/muslim…..get a grip lads. This is precisely why europe and uk have lost control over their lands.

"Lost control over their lands"?

Did you toss your hair dramatically when you wrote this?

21 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Same with Jews do you reckon?

18 minutes ago, dexterm said:

President Obama has visited troops in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

He was 7 years old at the time Trump began his draft dodging in 1968.

He was 42 years old in 2003 when Republican Bush unnecessarily invaded Iraq.

Strange that the Vietnam war is universally remembered as a bad thing, and thousands of Americans left the country to avoid the daft, yet because Trump was able to avoid going to Vietnam  he is somehow a bad person. Have you forgotten that people were shouting filth at troops when they returned from the conflict? No gold star parents back then.

11 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

Definitely

Yeah, let's look at the numbers. How many Muslims are there in the USA and how many have gone on shooting sprees? According to what I can find, about there are 2.75 million muslims in the USA.  How many have gone on shooting sprees?  Let's say 20. Apparently in your mind Captain Khan would have been number 21 if somehow he hadn't find himself fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan.  You've gone pretty low on these pages.  But I don't think you've ever sunk to this depth before.

7 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Yeah, let's look at the numbers. How many Muslims are there in the USA and how many have gone on shooting sprees? According to what I can find, about there are 2.75 million muslims in the USA.  How many have gone on shooting sprees?  Let's say 20. Apparently in your mind Captain Khan would have been number 21 if somehow he hadn't find himself fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan.  You've gone pretty low on these pages.  But I don't think you've ever sunk to this depth before.

Boon Mee's bar is set very, very low. But in fairness, most of the time he has no idea what he's on about.

:P

Edited by Chicog

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Strange that the Vietnam war is universally remembered as a bad thing, and thousands of Americans left the country to avoid the daft, yet because Trump was able to avoid going to Vietnam  he is somehow a bad person. Have you forgotten that people were shouting filth at troops when they returned from the conflict? No gold star parents back then.

Just a bit odd don't you think..the arch chickenhawk attempting to become Commander in Chief.

50 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

You're using only pure logic in your reasoning and discounting the huge emotional, religious and cultural factors.

Muslim ideology isn't something you shed by signing a piece of paper and reciting an oath.

Unless you grew up in the khan household and witnessed the upbringing of this son you should at least defer to the possibility that you may not be 100% correct.

I have a cool muzzlim friend, one of my best buddies…we go out on the piss and eat pulled pork sandwiches (his favourite)….he has a huge extended family and some of the stuff he tells me (that they tell him) is frightening. They absolutely loathe jews and do not trust anyone who isn't muzzlim. He has all but disowned them.

This Khan kid was obviously not a terrorist but don't be fooled….they are pakistanis holding an american passport.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That story about returning vets being abuses we explored repeatedly by journalists and there's only one problem with it: very little evidence for it. Definitely not widespread.