Thailand Elite Card is pleased to announce the release of four new membership programs

4 hours ago, BritTim said:

The only real difference for someone over 50 is that, with a TE visa, the extension is automatic without needing to consider bank letters and maintaining a balance for three months. If you mess up a retirement extension, it is a bit of a pain restarting the process. With the TE visa, you also do not need an extension at all if you travel at least once a year (as most people who are not skint tend to do). That said, most over 50s probably will tend towards the retirement extension. For them, the cost saving is probably worth a bit of a hassle.

That's right, BritTim. When I was working, every year it was paperwork for the WP and then more paperwork for the Non B extension. And often, it was 2 or 3 trips to each place because of typing errors or change of rules which were never notified. I just got fed up with endless paperwork and trivial pursuit sometimes based solely on the moods of the government officer.

So, if approved, I'll only have to see them once at Suvarnabhumi, and then, after that, do 90 day report by post or internet.  I won't have to see anyone for a whole year until I pay the 1900 baht for the guaranteed  extension.

That's it .....no other reason.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, anotheruser said:

It is an imaginary visa at this point. The health insurance aspect eliminates 90% of the people in Thailand anyway.

As I already wrote, it’s unavailable at this time. But imaginary makes it sound like it’s just some wishful thinking by expats, when in fact rather specific details have been given to us by the Ministry of Tourism and Sports, or do you have some new information that is cause for pessimism?

I’m not sure what your thing is about the health insurance, but I am sure that the people who are considering spending 500,000 baht or more on the Thai Elite membership can afford to pay for the required health insurance.

Just now, lkn said:

As I already wrote, it’s unavailable at this time. But imaginary makes it sound like it’s just some wishful thinking by expats, when in fact rather specific details have been given to us by the Ministry of Tourism and Sports, or do you have some new information that is cause for pessimism?

I’m not sure what your thing is about the health insurance, but I am sure that the people who are considering spending 500,000 baht or more on the Thai Elite membership can afford to pay for the required health insurance.

The new scheme is designed to eliminate losers.They would be draining the swamp. Of course if you can afford health insurance and a TE you are still welcome. 

5 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Also last year they announced an 800k option for 10 years.  This is not that nutty sounding investment 10 year thing.  Has anybody gotten the 800k for 10 years?

I doubt it. I think the main choice is between the 5-year (500k) and 20-year (1 million) options. An extra 10 years for 200k sounds good to me for anyone considering the 10-year option initially.

• Like 1

Sent in my application yesterday. Ive read that some gets an email back saying that the application has been accepted and that they will forward the information to immigration. Is the case for everyone? If I dont hear from them in the next coming days, should I assume that its been accepted or could it be wise to give them a call? I kind of know the answer myself (should make the call) but well, just excited I guess :)

20 minutes ago, jankan88 said:

Sent in my application yesterday. Ive read that some gets an email back saying that the application has been accepted and that they will forward the information to immigration. Is the case for everyone? If I dont hear from them in the next coming days, should I assume that its been accepted or could it be wise to give them a call? I kind of know the answer myself (should make the call) but well, just excited I guess :)

I think they always send an acknowledgement it had been received. Give it another day or two before you call them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think they always send an acknowledgement it had been received. Give it another day or two before you call them.

Before you had time to answer me, I made the call :) Could not wait.

The sales lady on the phone did not find any application from me. She asked who I had spoken to and I mentioned the name of the person who sent the application form along with that persons email which was [email protected] but no, she couldnt find any email nor did she recall that persons name.

A bit strange since I called the same number on both occasions.

Anyway, she gave me her email and I forwarded my documents. She confirmed she received them and would get back to me within today.

Update:

This morning I got this email. I assume this categorize as an official answer...just to clear away some of the questions asked above.

Greetings from Thailand Elite ….

We have received scanned application form along with photograph and copy of passport. We already sent to check the record with an immigration office. This process will be about 5 working days. Once we obtain an approval letter, we will send to you via e-mail.  

Moreover, please read carefully and provide correct about your information as following:

·         What type of visa do you have and its expiry date?

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

*      Elite visa is a category of Tourist visa which not allow to work in Thailand.

*      Non-Immigrant visa must be cancelled before Privilege Entry visa is granted.

·         When will your passport will be expire?

*      According to the immigration regulation, if the length of your current passport is not up to 5-year period, we will issue Elite Visa accordance with the expiration date stated on the passport.

*      If your current passport or passport pages is nearly run out and you need to renew passport, please kindly send Customer Contact Center (CCC) the 1st page of new passport in order for them to update your information and affix new Elite Visa for the remaining period. Furthermore, you should have at least 3 blank passport pages to affix Elite Visa.

·         How many empty pages in the passport?

*      We require at least 3 blank passport pages to affix Elite visa, if not the immigration officer will not be able to affix Elite visa as requested.

·         Where the membership fee will be paid from?

*      Thailand it’s take about 1-2 working days / oversea it’s take about 4-5 working days.

·         When will you plan to affix elite visa

*      There are 2 options for you to affix Elite Visa:

1.      Arriving in Thailand, you can affix Elite Visa at Suvarnabhumi, Phuket, or Chiang Mai International Airport. For connecting flight, we strongly require at least 4-5 hours gaps between connecting flight.

2.      Staying in Thailand, you can affix Elite Visa at Chaengwattana Immigration Office in Bangkok.

Applicants must prepare documents to cancel non-immigrant visa where issued by themselves

these people are Really Good at pricing their products outside what makes common sense ; only rich people get visas ? sure that is what thailand wants; the rest of us middle and upper middle class folks, supporting families

are excluded from such programs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DUS said:

Out of curiosity: Has there ever been a reported case of an application being rejected (by immigration)?

I don't recall ever seeing a report of anybody having one denied.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, YetAnother said:

these people are Really Good at pricing their products outside what makes common sense ; only rich people get visas ? sure that is what thailand wants; the rest of us middle and upper middle class folks, supporting families

are excluded from such programs

Agreed.  And every year they make it more challenging to be the middle class, support Thai wife and family.  Paperwork requirements, photos, knocking on doors.  Not something I would enjoy.

4 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

says 10 years but the visa section says 5 years; does that mean you have to pay twice ? still overpriced (by a lot)

The membership is for 10 years. The PE visa is valid for 5 years. When the first one ends you get another one without paying any additional fees.

"

We have received scanned application form along with photograph and copy of passport. We already sent to check the record with an immigration office. This process will be about 5 working days. Once we obtain an approval letter, we will send to you via e-mail.  "

Entering business day 5 now, hoping to hear from them today but I dont expect it. Took me two days and three phone calls just to get the application form sent to my email and another two days for them to acknowledge that they had received the application. To be honest, not the elite experience I hoped for but then again, its just the visa Im after so I dont mind. After 10 wonderful years in the country Im kind of used to have to push for information/things to get done :)

43 minutes ago, jankan88 said:

"

We have received scanned application form along with photograph and copy of passport. We already sent to check the record with an immigration office. This process will be about 5 working days. Once we obtain an approval letter, we will send to you via e-mail.  "

Entering business day 5 now, hoping to hear from them today but I dont expect it. Took me two days and three phone calls just to get the application form sent to my email and another two days for them to acknowledge that they had received the application. To be honest, not the elite experience I hoped for but then again, its just the visa Im after so I dont mind. After 10 wonderful years in the country Im kind of used to have to push for information/things to get done :)

It takes a while ... I submitted my application on 10 May and they forwarded it to immigration on the 11th but I haven't heard anything from them since. I won't need the visa before the end of June so it's not a big deal for me that it takes them a little bit longer ...

2 minutes ago, DUS said:

It takes a while ... I submitted my application on 10 May and they forwarded it to immigration on the 11th but I haven't heard anything from them since. I won't need the visa before the end of June so it's not a big deal for me that it takes them a little bit longer ...

My visa expire June 7 (which they know) so I will need to be on top of them :). Worst case I will need to leave the country a quickie but I hope I dont need to. Lets see

How long does it take to receive your membership card? I've been waiting almost 2 months

This is their email reply "Please be informed that your new membership card is still in the production process.

We will inform you again once your new card is ready to deliver."

Did everyone recieve theirs within 5 weeks?

How long does it take to receive your membership card? I've been waiting almost 2 months

This is their email reply "Please be informed that your new membership card is still in the production process.
We will inform you again once your new card is ready to deliver."

Did everyone recieve theirs within 5 weeks?

My application was done very fast. From start to receiving the Visa stamp about 3 weeks. They asked me at the beginning about time constraints and they made sure everything was ready when I returned to Thailand.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

My application was done very fast. From start to receiving the Visa stamp about 3 weeks. They asked me at the beginning about time constraints and they made sure everything was ready when I returned to Thailand.

Mine too, approved in 2 days, the card is taking forever, have you received yours yet?

Mine too, approved in 2 days, the card is taking forever, have you received yours yet?

Received the card at Suvarnabhumi airport together with the Welcome package and visa stamp. It all went very fast. Haven't even seen an immigration officer. It was all done by staff from Thailand Elite.

• Like 2