Obama: Trump ‘woefully unfit’ to be President

webfact

2 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Throw in a whole bunch of national security violations, some excessively expensive speeches and influence peddling and that sounds like the woman he is running against.

That's on a par with, "I know you are, but what am I"  ....the standard response that parents teach their kindergarden kids to respond to name-calling in the schoolyard.

1 hour ago, ttthailand said:

All these discussions going back and forth on both Trump and Clinton only go to prove that both have too much history to be president. Hillary is such a liar that it makes my head spin and Trump just is not smart enough and is rude. This entire world is going to hell and we have these two to pick from, God save us !!!

They're not each as bad as the other.  Don't get so easily flummoxed by the discussions.  One is mega worse than the other.   Personally, I just sent in an absentee ballot to vote in California.  I'm voting for Stein.  There are more than two candidates running for top spot.   If you believe HRC is very corrupt, then you've been believing the Republican Attack lies which have been thrown around for months.  I guess it's effective.  If you're told the same lie ten times, every day for months, you'll start believing it.  If you want to get a better idea of what HRC is about, I recommend listening to her husband's speech at the DNC.  He knows he better than anyone else.  He chronicles her public history for the past 40 years.   You don't have to believe every word Bill spoke, but it gives a pretty good idea of his wife's motivations and accomplishments.   In comparison, Trump has accomplished nothing which helps anyone other than himself and his immediate family.  

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"China is killing us" says Trump, while pissing on the US steel industry and American steel workers and buying all his steel from China.

Newsweek investigation has found that in at least two of Trump’s last three construction projects, Trump opted to purchase his steel and aluminum from Chinese manufacturers rather than United States corporations based in states like Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan and Wisconsin. 

http://europe.newsweek.com/how-donald-trump-ditched-us-steel-workers-china-505717?rm=eu

I am not American but I think it safe to say that the vast majority of the other first world countries are DISMAYED and BEWILDERED that our American cousins can even consider such a boorish oaf as a potential president. Extraordinary!

2 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I am not American but I think it safe to say that the vast majority of the other first world countries are DISMAYED and BEWILDERED that our American cousins can even consider such a boorish oaf as a potential president. Extraordinary!

More dismaying and bewildering is that so many Americans, including a number on this forum, actively support and defend him becoming the next President.

4 minutes ago, keemapoot said:

More dismaying and bewildering is that so many Americans, including a number on this forum, actively support and defend him becoming the next President.

Indeed. It is HORRIFYING. Many feel a trump presidency would be APOCALYPTIC. 

After this election the rightwhinge and other Republicans are going to be fighting one another bitterly and fiercely for the next four years. This will help us in the midterm election of 2018 and in legislating, setting priorities, public policy, amending laws, getting a couple of new justices on Scotus, in the US courts system throughout and in so many ways.

Let 'em at each other. While the Republicians and other rightwhingers rage on about purity of ideology, ethnicity, religion etc we can get on with the matter of governance. 

Democrats fully intend to spend the next four years hanging Trump around the necks of Republicans from Washington into every state capital. 

Reality is, given the Republican Party of the past 30 years, a Donald Trump nominee coming out of the cave was inevitable. It just happened to be literally Donald Trump himself and at this time under the present circumstances.

While Democrats successfully ran against Herbert Hoover for 30 years after him, we won't get that much mileage out of hanging Donald Trump on the R party. But the Trump candidacy is a gamer changer because it puts the Republican Party squarely behind the 8-ball for a good period of time and elections to come.  

It's like Godzilla getting tangled in the cables and the steel towers out in the near distance. Oblivious stompings while tearing at live wires.

19 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:
  •  
  • That is some MASSIVE spin. :spamsign:

Depends if you believe if what Politifact reports is true.

Because for sure Trump wouldn't know the truth if it hit him in the ar$e.

Added: In fairness, a lot of his lies come down to the fact that he's essentially stupid.

Edited by Chicog

6 hours ago, Publicus said:

After this election the rightwhinge and other Republicans are going to be fighting one another bitterly and fiercely for the next four years. This will help us in the midterm election of 2018 and in legislating, setting priorities, public policy, amending laws, getting a couple of new justices on Scotus, in the US courts system throughout and in so many ways.

Let 'em at each other. While the Republicians and other rightwhingers rage on about purity of ideology, ethnicity, religion etc we can get on with the matter of governance. 

Democrats fully intend to spend the next four years hanging Trump around the necks of Republicans from Washington into every state capital. 

Reality is, given the Republican Party of the past 30 years, a Donald Trump nominee coming out of the cave was inevitable. It just happened to be literally Donald Trump himself and at this time under the present circumstances.

While Democrats successfully ran against Herbert Hoover for 30 years after him, we won't get that much mileage out of hanging Donald Trump on the R party. But the Trump candidacy is a gamer changer because it puts the Republican Party squarely behind the 8-ball for a good period of time and elections to come.  

It's like Godzilla getting tangled in the cables and the steel towers out in the near distance. Oblivious stompings while tearing at live wires.

Hey there is a job posting over on huffington for a extremely left-leaning sensationalist op writer. Might want to go check it out. 

:rolleyes:

Edited by Strange

48 minutes ago, Strange said:

Hey there is a job posting over on huffington for a extremely left-leaning sensationalist op writer. Might want to go check it out. 

:rolleyes:

Strange post. 

As long as we're slinging the bull let me say they can't afford me.

Besides, I'm over here and it also would be disruptive of my pleasant semi-retirement. I think anyway by 'op' writer you might mean Op-Ed writer. Been there, done that, just not at Huff or anything like 'em.

I post at my own pace and to topics of my own choosing. There are rules and supervisors anywhere so no big deal to post here. I also have a lot of posting holidays accumulated at TVF so although they've all been unscheduled that's ok too. (Live 'n learn.)

(My emoticons function is mostly useless since the new format was installed.)

2 hours ago, attrayant said:

Here's the graphic, in case anyone's interested.

Who_Lies_More.png

Well that IS a beautiful graph for those members here who fancy rainbows.:rolleyes:

seriously though, simply choosing 50 statements to review arbitrarily certainly seems open to author bias.

7 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Well that IS a beautiful graph for those members here who fancy rainbows.:rolleyes:

seriously though, simply choosing 50 statements to review arbitrarily certainly seems open to author bias.

https://datavizblog.com/2016/07/26/politifacts-methodology-who-lies-more-a-comparison-robert-mann/

In deciding which statements to check, we ask ourselves these questions:

• Is the statement rooted in a fact that is verifiable? We don’t check opinions, and we recognize that in the world of speechmaking and political rhetoric, there is license for hyperbole.
  • Is the statement leaving a particular impression that may be misleading?
  • Is the statement significant? We avoid minor “gotchas” on claims that obviously represent a slip of the tongue.
  • Is the statement likely to be passed on and repeated by others?
  • Would a typical person hear or read the statement and wonder: Is that true?

1 minute ago, Slip said:

How many quotes do you think should be used ClutchClark?  50 seems pretty representative to me.  Would it be a different story with 100, 200, 300, a thousand?

Slip,

I have no issue with any number of quotes.

I am simply saying that when any of these people listed have likely been quoted many 100's of times then how do you choose the 50 ?

There is a great risk that the author cherry picks 50 that suit his agenda. 

I don't claim that is what has happened because I don't give much a <deleted> but isn't that a risk?

It could have hillary at the top and I would still question the validity of the data.

1 minute ago, ClutchClark said:

Slip,

I have no issue with any number of quotes.

I am simply saying that when any of these people listed have likely been quoted many 100's of times then how do you choose the 50 ?

There is a great risk that the author cherry picks 50 that suit his agenda. 

I don't claim that is what has happened because I don't give much a <deleted> but isn't that a risk?

It could have hillary at the top and I would still question the validity of the data.

Fair enough ClutchClark, but then you should have said that.  I have deja vu.

50 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Trump fans don't like the chart. They themselves want to prescreen or to determine the questions. Themselves or identically minded people. Then things would be fine. 

Well, youse guyz over there on the extremes of political life have your own mass of highly financed tabloid content rightwhinge media. Maybe they could establish a chart you'd like based on x number of questions you'd approve of very highly and that would be most popular over there at the fringe.

Those who say they'd beef even if the questions were by them and HRC were at the top are just not credible. Youse guyz detest HRC and you'd kill to see her at or near the top of any or all such lists. 

End of.

Here is a man whose son and family have served their country. MOST unusual for a senior member of Government. He is aghast at Trumps comments concerning PTSD in the last 48 hrs. They did show huge ignorance. Anyway here is how a statesman talks.

Edited by Andaman Al

1 hour ago, Publicus said:

Trump fans don't like the chart. They themselves want to prescreen or to determine the questions. Themselves or identically minded people. Then things would be fine. 

Well, youse guyz over there on the extremes of political life have your own mass of highly financed tabloid content rightwhinge media. Maybe they could establish a chart you'd like based on x number of questions you'd approve of very highly and that would be most popular over there at the fringe.

Those who say they'd beef even if the questions were by them and HRC were at the top are just not credible. Youse guyz detest HRC and you'd kill to see her at or near the top of any or all such lists. 

End of.

I actually enjoy your posts because it is obvious by your ugliness that you really are suffering through your life and its a great reminder how much fun I am having in my own.

Your latest accent is painful though. Its like a bad actor in a Steven Seagal movie...is that redundant ?

I don't know what Trump fans would think of the list since I am not one but any intelligent person would quickly realize such a chart is prone to bias. 

I suppose I gave you too much credit if you can't see that.

Meanwhile keep up the hate....  :smile:

And to give you some more easy to digest reasons why Trump is woefully unfit to become President of the USA watch below. I do not understand how any adult with more than half a brain can actually watch him here and not be disgusted and also worried as to what he would do as POTUS.

9 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Here is a man whose son and family have served their country. MOST unusual for a senior member of Government. He is aghast at Trumps comments concerning PTSD in the last 48 hrs. They did show huge ignorance. Anyway here is how a statesman talks.

I wish Biden had actually taken the time to watch Trump make these statements rather than simply quoting an interviewer. I also hope you might have time to provide the clip where Trump himself said these things so we can see the context.

Since this is a very serious topic it should be presented seriously and that means providing actual video and not "He said that he said this or that". 

Trump says very stupid things. I agree with very little of what Trump says but I give no value to hearsay. Especially about a topic so serious.

Thanks for this though.

Edited by ClutchClark

2 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

I actually enjoy your posts because it is obvious by your ugliness that you really are suffering through your life and its a great reminder how much fun I am having in my own.

Your latest accent is painful though. Its like a bad actor in a Steven Seagal movie...is that redundant ?

I don't know what Trump fans would think of the list since I am not one but any intelligent person would quickly realize such a chart is prone to bias. 

I suppose I gave you too much credit if you can't see that.

Meanwhile keep up the hate....  :smile:

My post was all about bias Clutch -- rightwing bias so it's too bad you missed that too. Missing a lot here Clutch. So do try to keep up plse thx.

I'd already suggested to read the black lines on the page to see what is actually there instead of reading only the white between the lines to get what is not there then to run with it in your postings. I see I got nowhere on that too.

All the same your post is a real piece of work. Quite the construct of I am bad and unhappy and you are good and happy. A bit on the simplistic side and also inside your own head, but then attacking with a knife instead of a gun requires a certain technique eh.

And a revealing post it is. Never had anything quite like it come my way until now. You make yourself into a guy who's going to straighten the place out -- once and for all. Starting now. Remake the joint. So good ruck with it Crutch.