Obama: Trump ‘woefully unfit’ to be President

webfact

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

He did say what was on his mind and he lied as well. His opponents had "private positions" and not a lot of honesty. Donald Trump was the lesser of two evils, but it is looking like he might rise to the occasion and end up being a pretty good president. 

You are ignoring the fact that Trump told over four times as many documented lies as Clinton. http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/lists/people/comparing-hillary-clinton-donald-trump-truth-o-met/  

You and others are celebrating the fact that the biggest liar, by a wide margin, won the election.

Just now, mexicanseafood said:
something about having a white male back incharge of the freeworld is comforting.

Another Deplorable rears it's ugly head.

Everything about your comment is woefully ignorant, misogynist and racist.

And also SPAM.

Given the fact that you have posted the exact same comment on one other thread. (So far...)

4 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

He had four years to think about it and learn more about why we use the electoral system. Do not see that as any big deal.

He had 66 years to think about his first tweet, or actually 70 years (because I am sure you remember his "RIGGED SYSTEM" rants continued up until the 7th of Nov). Now that the electoral college swung in his favor, he had 2 days to learn how the electoral college works and change his mind. That IMHO doesnt make him very trustworthy, so yes thats a big deal if your president-elect of the USA.....

Edited by DriveByTrucker

Poll: 51 Percent of Americans ‘More Confident’ in Donald Trump Post-Election

Post-election-Trump-Thumbs-Getty-640x480

Most Americans feel more comfortable with President-elect Donald Trump after Tuesday’s election, according to a recent Gallup poll.

The results show 51 percent of those surveyed said they are “more confident” in Trump, while 40 percent said they were less confident. Nine percent did not have a difference in opinion.

22 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Most Americans feel more comfortable with President-elect Donald Trump after Tuesday’s election, according to a recent Gallup poll.

The results show 51 percent of those surveyed said they are “more confident” in Trump, while 40 percent said they were less confident. Nine percent did not have a difference in opinion.

Are you serious? Back to trusting the polls are you? Dont you remember that according to the polls Clinton had 98% chance of winning the election?

15 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. You say that like it will make a difference. He will be president, he will have a GOP majority in the house, he will do whatever he does.

Perhaps some of us would have more interest in what the anti Trumpers have to say if they waited till he had the chance to actually make a mistake. Till then it's just pixels.

You either fail to comprehend or intentionally keep misrepresenting what I say. Trump assuming the role of POTUS is not a  question, the election results are not disputed, nor does the GOP majority in both houses ignored.

All these do not make Trump's potential conflict of interests issues into less of a problem, quite the opposite. As I recall, it was (and still is, it seems) a major part of his own campaigns, when directed at opponents. I find it hypocritical when Trump supporters are now willing to ignore the very same issues. But given that some of posters support of Trump apparently reflects a nihilistic stance, or a desire to see the US diminished, perhaps overlooking such matters should not be all that surprising.

13 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Never thought he was, but not a lot of difference between a wall and a fence when it comes to keeping illegal aliens out. 

Not sure who bought that. More of a left wing talking point. He said a lot of honest things that no politician would say, mixed with plenty of other things that he had to walk back. His supporters concentrated on the positives and swept him to victory.

It makes me wrong how? I never said he was going to build a wall.

As far as what his supporters want, they do not seem to care if it is a wall or a fence or both. They just want border security. The only ones whining about a wall are the losing parties who said that he could never win.

He did say what was on his mind and he lied as well. His opponents had "private positions" and not a lot of honesty. Donald Trump was the lesser of two evils, but it is looking like he might rise to the occasion and end up being a pretty good president. 

Backpedaling is all it is, and all it ever will be. Both with regard to Trump and both with supporters comments. It cannot be denied he actually made decisive statements, it cannot be said that he made clear promises. It cannot also be denied that Trump himself and his supporters (including on this forum) painted him, in no uncertain terms, as one thing, while now trying to market an alternative view.

Those opposing Trump do not "whine" about the Wall actually being built or not. Comments made are more to do with how this reflects on Trump's word, credibility and accountability. At the same time, these comments challenge previous perceptions Trump advocated by supporters.

11 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Still little difference between a wall and a wall and some fence - except as a talking point. Border security is all that really matters and both keep illegal aliens out.

And still you are either missing the point made, deliberately or not. The issue is less the wall, but more to do with Trump's conduct.

6 minutes ago, Morch said:

And still you are either missing the point made, deliberately or not. The issue is less the wall, but more to do with Trump's conduct.

I am not missing any point. I just think it is a silly one. It is pretty obvious that it is Trump's enemies who are making a big deal about adding some fence to the wall. The voters who supported Trump could care less as long as the border is secured.

Edited by Ulysses G.

6 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

I am not missing any point. I just think it is a silly one. It is pretty obvious that it is Trump's enemies who are making a big deal about adding some fence to the wall. The voters who supported Trump could care less as long as the border is secured.

You're doing it again. The Wall itself is not the issue. The point made is about the gap between Trump's projected image and the real one. The gap was was denied by Trump supporters during the campaign.

22 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

From your link:

• 51% in U.S. say they are "more confident" in Trump's ability to serve
  • Similar to post-election confidence in Bill Clinton, George W. Bush
  • 19% of Hillary Clinton supporters more confident in Trump since election

This is a fairly typical bounce, aided by Trump's backpedaling on his core issues.

Yes, unfit to hold the office: it now transpires that he invited Ivanka to sit in on the meeting with Abe. The guy is shameless and clueless without any understanding of protocols ( let alone the concept of a blind trust). He's not 'draining the swamp', rather just repopulating in his own image. Disgraceful.

He wil be lucky to last 6 months before impeachment.

Trump is so "woefully unfit" we're seeing headlines pop up now every day! :smile:

TRUMP EFFECT: Ford Calls Donald Trump – Says Plant Will Not Move to Mexico, Will Remain in Kentucky

trump-effect-575x312.jpg

Bill Ford, the Chairman of Ford Moters, called Donald Trump tonight and said he will be keeing the Lincoln plant in Kentucky- Not Mexico.

Trump tweeted the news tonight–

Just got a call from my friend Bill Ford, Chairman of Ford, who advised me that he will be keeping the Lincoln plant in Kentucky – no Mexico

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 18, 2016

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/11/trump-effect-ford-calls-donald-trump-says-plant-will-not-move-mexico-will-remain-kentucky/

For all the Democrats here bashing Trump and Pence, he won and our system dictates he gets a chance to prove you all wrong. I find the man reprehensible because of his methods, he is a liar and a cheater who will say anything to make money or get what he wants. But I also fail to see that the Democrats had/have any better choice for our country. The man will either sink or swim. Let it play out. I have faith in our system to either validate him (better economy, more stable world, etc) or repudiate him (more lost jobs, international anarchy). Only time will tell because he has told so many lies nobody really knows what his positions might be. 

As to the people he is installing around him, that is another matter. Jeff Sessions is a throwback to the Neanderthals of the deep south, he will be a problem for anyone (conservatives and progressives) who want to better future and not one dictated by an angry old white man. Steve Bannon, I really don't know much about him except that I think he will find that advising on policy and getting such policy implemented is very, very far from spouting off hatred for the consumption of uneducated fools who fear their own ability to ensure themselves a brighter future so much that they need a scapegoat in immigrants and anyone not like them.

As far as Secretary of State, Bolton or Guliani would be disastrous picks given Trump's stated non interventionist stance, but of course we still don't know what is real position is, as he lies about just about everything. Michael Flynn I really don't know much about.

As far as Trump's stance on illegal aliens, yeah why not throw them out of the country, but maybe makes more sense to first give them a path to legality, both for logistic and financial reasons. If they are working, have assets, and have proven to be law abiding folk, why not keep the good ones ?

In short let's wait and see. 

1 hour ago, iReason said:

The Bloviator taking credit for something that was never going to happen.

As well he should take credit for his forward-looking action(s)

To wit:

After Trump’s tweets, the company acknowledged for the first time it had been considering moving production of the MKC to Mexico, allowing the plant to boost output of the Escape, one of its hottest models.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-11-18/trump-says-ford-called-to-say-keeping-lincoln-plant-in-kentucky

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal, please discontinue posting using large fonts for emphasis.

Just now, iReason said:

As long as we are checking out other posts, how about #2028?

How about that $25, 000,000  the " I never settle" Bloviator coughed up to avoid the dock for nationwide fraud? :whistling:

What, you've never paid losers to get out of your life? I've done it more than a handful of times. So what?

TRUMP WON. IN AN ELECTORAL LANDSLIDE. GET OVER IT.

2 hours ago, Prbkk said:

Yes, unfit to hold the office: it now transpires that he invited Ivanka to sit in on the meeting with Abe. The guy is shameless and clueless without any understanding of protocols ( let alone the concept of a blind trust). He's not 'draining the swamp', rather just repopulating in his own image. Disgraceful.

He wil be lucky to last 6 months before impeachment.

I love the "protocol" argument. In other words, you're just throwing a hissy fit that he doesn't do things the way you want him to- nor is he obligated to if it's just "protocol". "Protocol" has gotten us nearly $20 trillion in debt.

Screw protocol.

3 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Looks like Trump - and Boon Mee - are correct again. Some Ford cars were to be made in Mexico, but now they have changed their minds. :smile:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2016/11/18/ford-motor-co-donald-trump-lincoln-kentucky/94063232/

What do you bet there will be more US companies seeing the light and moving their manufacturing plants back to the USA.We see now that Apple is going to be making the Iphone in the US now so the ball is rolling.

Man!  A breath of fresh air in Washington or what? :smile:

3 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Looks like Trump - and Boon Mee - are correct again. Some Ford cars were to be made in Mexico, but now they have changed their minds. :smile:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2016/11/18/ford-motor-co-donald-trump-lincoln-kentucky/94063232/

And now even Apple is talking about making the iPhone in the US:

http://in.pcmag.com/smartphones/109956/news/report-apple-mulls-moving-iphone-production-to-us

Meanwhile, leftists are still whining, sniveling, rioting and assaulting. These are the very things that helped elect Trump in the first place and these savages are too stupid to see that.

Just now, Boon Mee said:

What do you bet there will be more US companies seeing the light and moving their manufacturing plants back to the USA.We see now that Apple is going to be making the Iphone in the US now so the ball is rolling.

Man!  A breath of fresh air in Washington or what? :smile:

I wonder how many Trump supporters were created by Ford's move to save probably thousands of jobs that were destined for Mexico. I suspect  that is what REALLY chaps liberal hides. It's hard not to smile about it.  :)