money for my girlfriend

hi, i currently send my Mrs  £100 each month and I'm going over in december to try and get her a visa, because she doesn't have alot of money in her bank she's suggesting I send her a large amount before I go and declare I've sent it to her, shes under the impression that she needs to have sufficient funds in her bank even though I will be sponsoring her whole trip.

is that the case or is it irrelevant what she has in her bank if I'm sponsoring the whole holiday?

She does not need a large sbank balance.

The fact she is asking for it should be a red flag warning to you.

100£ each month? Thats it?

I hope you realize that your girlfriend cannot live on that and that you are sharing her with atleast two more guys at 100£ each.

Sorry to be blunt.

I like your bluntness but nope couldn't be further from the truth, the money  im sending her is for my own use for when I'm there I'm simply doing it to make it look like I support her to some degree until I get there in december. we've had a few visa application problems and it's part of a way we are working to fix the problem. thanks for your concern though, but not every girl in Thailand is the same just as they are not the same in the uk.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mike1983 said:

I like your bluntness but nope couldn't be further from the truth, the money  im sending her is for my own use for when I'm there I'm simply doing it to make it look like I support her to some degree until I get there in december. we've had a few visa application problems and it's part of a way we are working to fix the problem. thanks for your concern though, but not every girl in Thailand is the same just as they are not the same in the uk.

I have never been a believer in the idea they are all the same.

I have met plenty of great ones and married one of them.

The request for a big chunk of donero worries me but you know her...I don't.

Good luck.

Edited by ClutchClark

if she was adiment I sent it or else so to speak I would share your concern, shes already spent £1000 of her own money trying to obtain visas, ive never sent her a bean as of yet, she mearly suggested it as she thought she would have to have a decent amount in her account, I said I won't be sending a big amount because it's not a good idea, she was fine about this and her response was up to you, cause this tune in paying for the embassy

I had to deposit £1000 in my wifes a/c even though I was paying for the whole trip and sent proof of funding. In a telephone interview with her they raised concerns about her lack of personal money in her own a/c and her ability to fend for herself in case something went wrong on our holiday.

13 hours ago, mike1983 said:

I thought as much.

just wanted to be sure because she'll have little money her bank she's worried they will say she doesn't have enough money for the trip.

thanks

This is exactly what the guidelines tell you NOT to do.  I sudden surge of cash into an account is likely to be seen for what it is - a distortion of normal account activity designed to inflate the bank balance solely for the purposes of the visa application.

As said, as you are sponsor the applicant doesn't need to show any money -  your sponsor letter (and the online application) should make it clear that you are covering ALL costs of the visit - and you have evidence to support that.

9 minutes ago, williewolf said:

I had to deposit £1000 in my wifes a/c even though I was paying for the whole trip and sent proof of funding. In a telephone interview with her they raised concerns about her lack of personal money in her own a/c and her ability to fend for herself in case something went wrong on our holiday.

Totally unnecessary and absolutely pointless.

That money could have been withdrawn the next day.

In an application last week a friend showeed no money in the bank and no income other than 10,000 Baht per month 'housekeeping' from her partner. Her sponsor/partner evidenced GBP 200,000 in a bank account, they were not going to challenge the financial aspect of the application.

Edited by Jip99

2 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

This is exactly what the guidelines tell you NOT to do.  I sudden surge of cash into an account is likely to be seen for what it is - a distortion of normal account activity designed to inflate the bank balance solely for the purposes of the visa application.

As said, as you are sponsor the applicant doesn't need to show any money -  your sponsor letter (and the online application) should make it clear that you are covering ALL costs of the visit - and you have evidence to support that.

Guidelines also say dont include photos or any proof of ownership of motor vehicles, but we had to 

2 minutes ago, williewolf said:

Guidelines also say dont include photos or any proof of ownership of motor vehicles, but we had to 

If you were specifically asked to, then you have to. Otherwise no photographs at all.

Ownership of vehicles is only a small part of evidence to satisfy the reasons to return - rarely necessary. The ECO must have some reservations about other aspects of the application - or you just encountered a jobsworth (quite unusual these days).

4 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Totally unnecessary and absolutely pointless.

That money could have been withdrawn the next day.

In an application last week a friend showeed no money in the bank and no income other than 10,000 Baht per month 'housekeeping' from her partner. Her sponsor/partner evidenced GBP 200,000 in a bank account, they were not going to challenge the financial aspect of the application.

It may be totally unnecessary and absolutely pointless to you ( and me)  but that is what we had to do after our first application was refused to obtain the visa

4 minutes ago, williewolf said:

It may be totally unnecessary and absolutely pointless to you ( and me)  but that is what we had to do after our first application was refused to obtain the visa

I don't have access to the refusal letter but I imagine that shortcomings in the first application had specific comment about what would be needed to be improved in any subsequent application.

The good news is that you now have the visa.

In my first ever application - for my partner - I presented 3 bound copies of the application, each having at least 70 photos and 40 pages of email correspondence. I also included copies of chanotes for 2 properties along with evidence of ownership of a car and 2 motocys. I supplied 12 months bank statements (UK and Thailand) with P60's to show income and various statements to show assets. The pack was over 6 inches in thickness.

The most recent application earlier this year comprised 5 sheets of paper

Edited by Jip99
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

I don't have access to the refusal letter but I imagine that shortcomings in the first application had specific comment about what would be needed to be improved in any subsequent application.

The good news is that you now have the visa.

In my first ever application - for my partner - I presented 3 bound copies of the application, each having at least 70 photos and 40 pages of email correspondence. I also included copies of chanotes for 2 properties along with evidence of ownership of a car and 2 motocys. I supplied 12 months bank statements (UK and Thailand) with P60's to show income and various statements to show assets. The pack was over 6 inches in thickness.

The most recent application earlier this year comprised 5 sheets of paper

I followed all the requirements on the uk visa website and the application was refused on the grounds that we had not demonstrated that we had a proper relationship and my wifes bank a/c did not show enough funding to support her if something went wrong. I had enclosed our translated marriage papers that had been certified by the MFA and a bank a/c with a balance of £18,000 along with a letter from me stating I would be the sponsor. When the application was refused I was gobsmacked. We then had to go to an agency who resubmitted the application the same as your first one one with all that information in that the website tells you not to include!! The visa was then granted. I cannot show you the first refusal as the agency kept it but I am telling the truth and think it still all depends on the person dealing with the application. My wife also had a telephone interview and she also answered all the questions correctly, even though some were very intrusive.

We also applied to take our niece with us and got permission from her mother certified and translated at the amphur. On the UK visa website it states only one parent or gaurdians permission is needed this was confirmed by the agency we used and also at trendy but the application was refused because we did not have the fathers permission, even though he does not live with her.

So although there are "guidelines" it does not mean they stick to them

I can only say that I have never had a problem by following the guidelines.

Yours is a more complex situation but the first application had shortcomings. I have NEVER come across funds being required by the applicant - except where the applicant is applying in their own right without a sponsor. I don't recall the exact wording re parents approval for travel but there is some logic in both parents giving approval unless total parental responsibility has been given to one party.

I doubt that you will ever see a refusal letter that calls for the applicant to show money in the bank for 'contingencies'.

thanks for the reply, it's as I thought I don't need to...

she mearly thought she had to have more money nothing more, ive explained to her that it's not the case which she is totally fine with, as I've stated we've had a couple of previous application problems, and we're trying to rectify it on this one, I have no alarm bells ringing about the large sum as I understood her thinking, however I had to tell her it wasn't a good idea and would cause more problems, she know understands and we will carry on as normal.

I apprieciate people have been stung before but I know mine and my Mrs situation and negativity regarding it is a bit judgmental and unfair without knowing our full story.

Fair comment from Mike1983.

I have come across 2 cases where the Thai applicant had told their English sponsor to load up their bank accounts.

Both cases were from the 'seasoned bar girl' end of the spectrum and that request was common street talk. Misguided and both believed (because it is what they were told) that visas were easy to get and you only needed to show big money in the bank and you were home and dry. Absolutely no comprehension of satisfying an ECO on reasons to return or genuineness of relationship.