It's safer by train! Transport police show public a friendly face

Jonathan Fairfield

It's safer by train! Transport police show public a friendly face

dn.png

Image: Daily News

BANGKOK:-- It was all aboard the Happy Train on Wednesday  as smiling transport police launched a revamped third year of the "Police in Train" campaign.

The initiative is designed to help protect travelers and tourists from criminals who have been using the transport system as a cover for their misdoing.

Police led by chief Torsak Sukhawimon joined the happy tourists on the long journey from Chiang Mai to Bangkok. 

Torsak said much crime had been committed on the railways especially with drug gangs using the network for transportation creating an environment that put tourists at risk.

He cited a big bust of a Malaysian drugs gang a couple of months back who were transporting narcotics south from Chiang Mai on the rail network.

Judging by the broad smiles the tourists certainly appreciated their efforts in ensuring a safe journey for all.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-03

31 minutes ago, 1337markus said:

Do the BIB ever get bad backs wearing all those badges and ribbons?

No, but their wives,girlfriends get sore fingers removing the clutter every time they chuck the shirt in the washing machine, which in this country means every few days or less.

28 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

What about Britain's Prince Charlie? He must have the worst bad back of anyone.:whistling:

I think your Prince Charlie has people who carry his stuff for him. Also wipe his ars. Jolly good fun, right ?

3 hours ago, Katipo said:

If it is part of a concerted and ongoing effort, then good on them :)

But are the carriages secure?

Or as before, anybody can enter all the carriages at a stop or when the train is proceeding slowly.

1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

Middle class Thais hate the train.  They prefer buses.  The only problem is that they are late quite a bit and the food on board is the worst one could find in Thailand.  The journey itself if good fun if your are back packing. 

I take the train while my wife takes the VIP bus.

Reminds me of the old Pullman days before Amtrak destroyed train travel stateside.

I always bring my own food.

8 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Aren't you entering the area of lazy majesty?:thumbsup:

8 hours ago, smotherb said:

Charlie's medals are so insignificant, see these North Korean Generals

North Korean Generals.jpg

Is that not a joke? It's got to be.