Russia And Thailand About To Cancel Visa Procedures

Russia and Thailand about to cancel visa procedures

HANOI: -- Russia and Thailand have confirmed their intention to introduce a visa-free entry for Russians to Thailand and for Thais to Russia, Mikhail Kamynin, official spokesman for the Russian Foreign Ministry, told journalists today.

This arrangement has become one of the results of the meeting between Russia's Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and his Thai counterpart Nit Phibunsongkram during the 14th APEC summit I Hanoi.

The agreement to this effect was signed in Kuala Lumpur on December 13, 2005. It will take effect as soon as the parties have completed internal preparations, and the date will be specified later, Kamynin said.

--RBC 2006-11-20

HANOI: -- Russia and Thailand have confirmed their intention to introduce a visa-free entry for Russians to Thailand and for Thais to Russia, Mikhail Kamynin, official spokesman for the Russian Foreign Ministry, told journalists today.

This arrangement has become one of the results of the meeting between Russia's Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and his Thai counterpart Nit Phibunsongkram during the 14th APEC summit I Hanoi.

The agreement to this effect was signed in Kuala Lumpur on December 13, 2005. It will take effect as soon as the parties have completed internal preparations, and the date will be specified later, Kamynin said.

--RBC 2006-11-20

Two things come quickly to mind.

1) Oil

2) Russian Mafia

This could be a bargain with the devil.

--RBC 2006-11-20

The European Governments will not be amused....

The Russian borders are close to Western Europe and opportunities for illegal Thai are knocking... :o

LaoPo

More Russian hoes in Pattaya and more places to get decent Stroganoff.

Most of hoes are from other countries - call them *stans.

Russian mafia is here for almost a decade and a half, lets say - few very big venues in Pattaya, skyscrapers in Bkk, golf court in Hua Hin and huge m/f/ plots of land in Phuket.

The concept of russian mafia is heavily over rated by Omerical mass media and movies.

In the mean time, this agreement was made not for russians but for thais - to ease them developing new markets while the economy is sinking - I think I saw 100s of thai passports in Embassy waithing for entry visa. From now on it would be easier for thais enter and commit their deals -

" FINALY, DARLIN' HAS COME TO MOSCOW !"

I think this is a good thing for the Thais and my family in particular.

Having jumped thrpugh the proverbial hoop to visit the UK, I decided I would only visit countries with my Thai wife where I didn't have to mess about getting visas.

We can now visit somewhere in Europe - great. :o

Will this mean Russians can enter Thailand for as long as they want

and will they also be exempt from work permit requirements ?

No, they will be just like other 41 nations in the list of VOA or what the h**l is it called.

But if you interesting - I can introduce to some very illegal workers, if you know what I mean

In the mean time, this agreement was made not for russians but for thais - to ease them developing new markets while the economy is sinking - I think I saw 100s of thai passports in Embassy waithing for entry visa. From now on it would be easier for thais enter and commit their deals -

:D Huh ?

You saw hundreds of Thai -Business- passports or just Thai passports, waiting for an entry Visa ?

Hmmmmm... :o

LaoPo

Having jumped thrpugh the proverbial hoop to visit the UK, I decided I would only visit countries with my Thai wife where I didn't have to mess about getting visas.

Western Russia is in Europe, but it ain't Europe.

Whose kidding who, the first Thai to step off a plane in Russia will immediatly fly back to Thailand and tell everyone how bad the food is and how cold it is.

I expect to see lots more Russians in Thailand than vice versa. They aren't fond of the cold either. :o

And vice versa my friend!

the first thought to spring into my mind was, "I'm going ot change my name to Kayovski and go through the one time hassle of becoming a russian...

... in order to spend the rest of my days visa free in LOS :D