Teacher denies raping girl, 12, in Buriram classroom

webfact

Teacher denies raping girl, 12, in Buriram classroom

a3.jpg

Image: Sanook

BURIRAM: -- A teacher has denied a charge that he raped a 12 year old girl multiple times over a year in a Buriram school. The girl alleged that the incidents occurred in a classroom.

The teacher has been transferred out of the school and a resignation is expected, reported Sanook.

"Chert", who is aged 53, presented himself to investigating officer Chaiya Kaewyok of the Lahansai police yesterday denying all involvement. He asked that the court decide his fate.

He was charged with rape of a child under 13.

His alleged victim was in a P6 or Year 7 class at the unnamed school.

Police are in the process of evidence gathering and have promised a fair and transparent investigation. They had no further comment.

Chert has been assigned to clerical duties in another area away from teaching.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-04

2 minutes ago, Chapelroad said:

Surely classrooms have CCTV ?

2 minutes ago, Chapelroad said:

Surely classrooms have CCTV ?

I very much doubt it. Some schools barely have electricity.

I was talking to a student from upcountry last year, and she told me that when she was 10 years old her teacher asked to "help him clean his office". She said she knew immediately what that meant. She told me that she was raped once or twice monthly for over a year until she was "too old for him". He then chose a new girl.

I asked why she didn't go to the police and she replied that she knew it wouldn't help as no one would believe her.

They should really go in and investigate schools more often. These guys should be locked up for life.

1 hour ago, petedk said:

I was talking to a student from upcountry last year, and she told me that when she was 10 years old her teacher asked to "help him clean his office". She said she knew immediately what that meant. She told me that she was raped once or twice monthly for over a year until she was "too old for him". He then chose a new girl.

I asked why she didn't go to the police and she replied that she knew it wouldn't help as no one would believe her.

They should really go in and investigate schools more often. These guys should be locked up for life.

Sad that you did nothing to help this kid. If you were so  interested to hear the story; I think you should have went to the girls home with her to tell her parents. I sure the teachers is still in the same school attacking kids. If not another school.

2 minutes ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...protect the guilty.....

...no reason for anyone to know the predator's name.....or the name of the school....???

...nobody's right to protect their children.....???

As far as I read in the OP the court verdict has not been delivered. I'm only speaking on facts here but I find TV to always be so ready to hand out judgements without any evidence. Thank goodness courts actually rely on the burden of proof not mere accusations.

(Before you jump all over me saying you've seen it happen X times before, making decisions without fully understanding each situation is nothing short of stereotyping)

3 hours ago, petedk said:

Jungle society in the 21st Century.

1 hour ago, CanInBKK said:

As far as I read in the OP the court verdict has not been delivered. I'm only speaking on facts here but I find TV to always be so ready to hand out judgements without any evidence. Thank goodness courts actually rely on the burden of proof not mere accusations.

(Before you jump all over me saying you've seen it happen X times before, making decisions without fully understanding each situation is nothing short of stereotyping)

I agree with you about the TV mafia but come on are you sure you are referring to Thai courts when you say " courts actually rely on the burden of proof not mere accusations ".

Also if this had been a western teacher he would have been branded a paedophile and thrown in prison.

Edited by lavender19

2 hours ago, bark said:

Sad that you did nothing to help this kid. If you were so  interested to hear the story; I think you should have went to the girls home with her to tell her parents. I sure the teachers is still in the same school attacking kids. If not another school.

Sad that you don't understand the problems that can land on your head as an interfering foreigner in those circumstances and in this place.  I know you mean well and your comment is laudable but suffering from lack of realism about as much as the guy who asked why they do not consult the classroom CCTV to see if it happened or not.   Repeat after me, "This is Thailand."

Edited by The Deerhunter
re-phrase & clarify.

2 hours ago, bark said:

Valid point, but what do you think would happen if a foreigner comes barging in to lay a complaint when the kid and her parents and all those around her already know the futility of it all. It's all so bloody sad because you're not going to make a difference, and the likely outcome is that you get targeted one dark night, and the kid and her parents will be ostracized. The educational authorities are the people responsible and already aware of the problem, but seem reluctant to act.

Let's also not forget that in many schools, there is a teacher who acts as a "scout" for the sex industry. I recall reading about this several times in the past. Apparently what happens - and I have only my memory to draw on here, not first-hand experience - is that this person keeps an eye on the development of young girl students for prostitution rings and other assorted criminal gangs. Any he sees with potential are "booked" - that is, he slimes his way into good faith with the parents and pays them a fee. That books her for when she is old enough to leave school. Then the girl is taken away by the crime gang on the pretext of going to work in a restaurant, but is then put to work as an under-age prostitute.

5 hours ago, Emster23 said:

" Teacher denies raping girl, 12, in Buriram classroom "

Never rape in classroom. Teacher lounge much more comfortable. Has sofa.

Move him to "inactive post".... jeez..... nail the sucker up

Sure no need for any evidence or trial...just take the word of an accuser...should we extend this form of guild determination to all crimes?

46 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Moved to a post away from teaching? Seriously.? Even the stink of such immoral goings on by a teacher and he should be suspended,until as such times as the offence is proved or disproved.

Yep, nothing like a good Salem witch-trial (without a trial).

3 hours ago, bark said:

Oh Sorry. I forgot to mention that the student is a graduate student in her early 20's now.

A little too late to do anything.

And the new 'lady' Tourism Minister of Thailand just made the claim --- "NO Sex Please. We Are Thai"

Did you read that recently??    She must be speaking for herself.........

Pity her Husband !!! He may have left her already or he may be a frequent customer at the brothels she wants to close.........

This teacher who is most certainly 'Thai', obviously didn't believe her........

6 hours ago, KKr said:

Wonder why, while I am peeling an apple, I think about punishment of proven child molesters.
Courts will no doubt do their job.

Don't peel the apple, eat the skin too, It's full of vitamins.

Child molesters are very often people who were themselves molested as a child. Take that into account when you dream of your punishments.

17 hours ago, petedk said:

I've only got your post....so should for knowingly  admitting about this and doing nothing.

Actually you are worse than the rapist.

12 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

Valid point, but what do you think would happen if a foreigner comes barging in to lay a complaint when the kid and her parents and all those around her already know the futility of it all. It's all so bloody sad because you're not going to make a difference, and the likely outcome is that you get targeted one dark night, and the kid and her parents will be ostracized. The educational authorities are the people responsible and already aware of the problem, but seem reluctant to act.

Let's also not forget that in many schools, there is a teacher who acts as a "scout" for the sex industry. I recall reading about this several times in the past. Apparently what happens - and I have only my memory to draw on here, not first-hand experience - is that this person keeps an eye on the development of young girl students for prostitution rings and other assorted criminal gangs. Any he sees with potential are "booked" - that is, he slimes his way into good faith with the parents and pays them a fee. That books her for when she is old enough to leave school. Then the girl is taken away by the crime gang on the pretext of going to work in a restaurant, but is then put to work as an under-age prostitute.

So as you valiantly admit...it is all bullshit?

Seems to me to be too many people knowing about the lack of cctv in upcoutntry schools.........that's a little strange....the fact that they all seem to be school teachers of the English languages is downright unbelievable....ah well Cambodia seems becoming to many posters this site.

I wonder why that is?