where to buy Ladybugs

PETDCAT

I never saw lady beetles for sale in Thailand. Other members on the Organic subforum or Plants, Pets Vets forum may know. Most conventional chemical farmers usually don't know squat about biological control; Lady beetles are just another bug and collateral damage for spray programs.

If you are looking for biological control, you may be better off by encouraging local, natural parasitoids and predators (mini-wasps, predatory mites, birds, etc). Encouraging in this case first means creating conditions where the natural pest enemies can live and feed without being killed off or repelled by harsh chemical pesticides. Appropriate plantings with resistant species and companion planting, good soil and water management and avoidance of high Nitrogen chemical fertilizers that produce excessive vegetative growth that unwanted insects love, should be your first line of defense against plant pests. IMHO. Don

Control

Chemical pesticide use actually encourages the spread of spider mites by killing the beneficial insects that prey on them. Mites are also known to develop quick resistance to various pesticides. For these reasons, it’s important to control mites with effective natural and organic methods.

• Prune leaves, stems, and other infested parts of plants well past any webbing and discard in trash (and not in compost piles). Don’t be hesitant to pull entire plants to prevent the mites spreading to its neighbors.
  • Use the Bug Blaster to wash plants with a strong stream of water and reduce pest numbers.
  • Commercially available beneficial insects, such as ladybugs, lacewing, and predatory mites are important natural enemies. For best results, make releases when pest levels are low to medium.
  • If populations are high, use a least-toxic, short-lived pesticide (Take Down Spray) to reduce infestations, then release predatory mites to maintain control.
  • Insecticidal soap, neem oil, or botanical insecticides can be used to spot treat heavily infested areas.
  • On fruit trees, horticultural oil should be applied early in the season or late in the fall to destroy overwintering eggs.
  • Dust on leaves, branches, and fruit encourages mites. A mid-season hosing (or two!) to remove dust from trees is a worthwhile preventative.
  • Water stress makes both trees and garden plants more susceptible to mite infestations. Make sure your plants are properly watered.

http://www.planetnatural.com/wp-content/uploads/azamax-label.pdf

https://www.planetnatural.com/pest-problem-solver/houseplant-pests/spider-mite-control/

http://bigbudsmag.com/stopping-mites-in-your-br-hydroponics-marijuana-garden/

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Just saw a ladybug on the street today...in Bangna!

I see them almost everyday in my tree's...some have aphids from giving the tree a lot of fertilizer and the ladybugs come to eat them.

I also have red ants now, all around the house...they are weaver ants and kill anything in their tree's.

A big problem in Europe has been the invasion of the Asiatic lady bug which actually attacks and displaces the lady bug which children and gardeners appreciate so much. 

I have occasionally seen the asiatic variety in the garden, but they didn't thrive. 

https://phys.org/news/2014-08-cannibalism-contribute-successful-invasion-harlequin.html

So be aware of what you wish for. I get rid of most pests with wood vinegar and soap sprays these days.

We grow Nappier grass ,for the cattle .and for the past 2 years when taking a late cut ,in November ,the field ,all 1 1/2 rie of Nappier was been full of Lady Birds ,I mean thousands of them, where thay come from ,and where thay go  I do not know.

I would say our Nappier grass is either a feeding ground ,as in this area, it is sugar cane ,rough grass next to a small river, and next doors rice paddies, nothing eles for them to eat  ,or they congregate as a breeding ground.

Not knowing they life cycle and it only happens late in the year , after the rainy season ,I would say a breeding ground.

Any one else any idea's.