snoop1130

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, MissAndry said:

You stick them in the little book on the 7-11 counter, then take the book in at any time for money off your next purchase.

No need to fill a book, it's worth as much as the stickers in it.

Stickers

Dont forget the excitement aspect and all the time you can lose dithering about with stamp books dreaming of huge discounts from 200 years of savings. 

Just now, ScotBkk said:

Stickers

Dont forget the excitement aspect and all the time you can lose dithering about with stamp books dreaming of huge discounts from 200 years of savings. 

It's free money, sometimes the discount is up to 25% on 7-11 purchases. Seems stupid not to. Doesn't matter how much money I have, more free money is always welcome. I also respond to buy one, get one free offers.

2 hours ago, Bantex said:

My wife has a card for 7/11 which she pre loads with cash at 7/11 and uses the card to pay for purchases. The stamps are added to the card electronically and the value is immediately deducted from that purchase. 

No stamps, no books, no small change and cheaper shopping.

yup, that's what I do as well. The ones I forget go to the maid.

4 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

can anyone tell me if there is a bar that accepts them as payment for barfines?

If you collect up enough, you can exchange them for a quick handjob round the back of the beer fridge.

11 hours ago, balo said:

I have a nice , big 7 eleven umbrella with a built-in flashlight .  I did collect a lot of stamps to get one , but I am happy I did  . Still working after 3 years. 

I'm saving mine to get a helmet with the whirly thingy on top instead of flashing

1 hour ago, MissAndry said:

It's free money, sometimes the discount is up to 25% on 7-11 purchases. Seems stupid not to. Doesn't matter how much money I have, more free money is always welcome. I also respond to buy one, get one free offers.

Discounts 

In all seriousness I've never even looked and thrown them all in the trash. I'm last of the Big Spenders

haha:cheesy:

Like a lot of things, it's only free money if you place no value on your time.

If you add up how much time you spend collecting them and sticking them in your book or whatever it is you do with them, vs the pittance they're worth, what sort of hourly wage are you earning?

11 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

If you add up how much time you spend collecting them and sticking them in your book or whatever it is you do with them, vs the pittance they're worth, what sort of hourly wage are you earning?

I'm unemployed (retired), I earn nothing, I have no Work permit, my time is worth nothing.

If I had more time, I would only make more posts on ThaiVISA.

11 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

I'm unemployed (retired), I earn nothing, I have no Work permit, my time is worth nothing.

If I had more time, I would only make more posts on ThaiVISA.

1 minute ago, SoiBiker said:

Surely the older you are, the more valuable your remaining time becomes?

It doesn't work like that, you sleep less, have 10 hours more in the day you don't need to work, and have less energy to bounce around. After 3-4 hours of walking and cycling in the morning I'm finished for the day. Which adds up to a whole lot of excess time to fill. Not to mention, there's nothing to indicate I will have any less time left than you. 

It doesn't work like that, you sleep less, have 10 hours more in the day you don't need to work, and have less energy to bounce around. After 3-4 hours of walking and cycling in the morning I'm finished for the day. Which adds up to a whole lot of excess time to fill. Not to mention, there's nothing to indicate I will have any less time left than you. 

Just now, SoiBiker said:

As my dear old mum used to tell me, only boring people get bored.

I never claimed to be bored, it's just most of my activity, which I enjoy, isn't seen as exciting by others.

Think I will cook a roast dinner tonight, chicken is defrosting.

5 hours ago, Bantex said:

My wife has a card for 7/11 which she pre loads with cash at 7/11 and uses the card to pay for purchases. The stamps are added to the card electronically and the value is immediately deducted from that purchase. 

We also use the top-up 7-11 card for all purchases and earn discount points along the way,  but the current paper stamp gig is a separate promo. No e-stamps we were told. 

5 hours ago, Bantex said:

We also use the top-up 7-11 card for all purchases and earn discount points along the way,  but the current paper stamp gig is a separate promo. No e-stamps we were told. 

21 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

Errr I take it you can offer evidence to support this statement..............................

Not holding my breath waiting.

Errrrrrrrrrr. How much evidence you need. I don't have any video of this, I can only report from my on experience what has happens to me.

I'm still look like a foreigner, this I cannot change, no matter how long I've lived in this country. But this is sufficient to have a try. 

May, you'll have some other experience?

You'll get some of those stickers in a ladyboy bar????? 

32 minutes ago, OttoPollmann said:

Errrrrrrrrrr. How much evidence you need. I don't have any video of this, I can only report from my on experience what has happens to me.

I'm still look like a foreigner, this I cannot change, no matter how long I've lived in this country. But this is sufficient to have a try. 

May, you'll have some other experience?

You'll get some of those stickers in a ladyboy bar????? 

You stated "most shops" and "foreigners", but now you are stating it is only what happens to you and the shops you visit. This thread has lots of other posts stating that they never have problems. Perhaps you should review why you are having these experiences.

As to the availability of stamps in "ladyboy bar", I bow to your superior knowledge.

Have a nice evening. Must dash now as the good General is on TV soon and I hate to miss an episode.

My Father used to be the BOGOF king of the council estate he lived on, every time I visited England & brought something from Salisbury or Tesco, I would try to get in without him hearing the  rustle of the plastic bag---or I would get the third degree as he leafed through his large folder of BOGOF clippings to prove what a wasteful fool I had been-----

So no, I don't have a lot of interest in the 711 tickets..............:coffee1: