Ashes On Tv.

lampard10

For any interested parties, the Farang Connection in Surin will be showing the whole of the Ashes series.

Entance fees:

English supporters .............................free

Ozzie supporters................................1,789,348baht

Also there will be cut price John Smiths Creamy Bitter for the English, and cut price Fosters for the Australians.

For any interested parties, the Farang Connection in Surin will be showing the whole of the Ashes series.

Entance fees:

Also there will be cut price John Smiths Creamy Bitter for the English, and cut price Fosters for the Australians.

Lampard ,At those prices your pub might be a bit empty when all of the diehard,loyal Pommy cricket fans crawl back into the woodwork after a trouncing in the first test.

Entance fees:

Lampard ,At those prices your pub might be a bit empty when all of the diehard,loyal Pommy cricket fans crawl back into the woodwork after a trouncing in the first test.

You mean the same as the last ashes series? At least that's what all the Aussies said. I'm one of those people that celebrate after we win, not before. Me, I'm just hoping for great cricket., whoever wins, although of course I'd love it to be England.

topic pinned for the duration

Is this pinned topic just to talk about Ashes on TV or Australians miserable performance in general?

It would be an empty topic if it was about poor performances by the Aussies, fully if it was the opposite :o

I think the idea of pinning it was to comment on the games and a bit of friendly banter between the soapies and the Aussies.

Maybe shady can enlighten us further.

A tale of Two Tales.

I rung up yesterday to check that I was getting the broadcast, and UBC confirmed it. They said " If it isn't on at 07.00 please call us"

07.00 comes. No ashes. I call them as instructed. " Please call between 08.00 and 22.00" was the message " This call center is now closed"

I checked the E-mail I got confirming.

" Please check the times of the cricket by logging on to UBC.com"

Did that.

No mention of cricket.

Waited until 07.59 then started ringing.

" All our representatives are busy......................................."

Ah I thought. Everyones got problems.

5 minutes later got through.

" we have no problems with cricket. Must be your end. "

They took me through everything, setting up the system again, unplugging the box, resetting my password. Nothing.

" Take the plug out again for 10 mins, then ring back"

Did that. Nothing again.

Rang back. Diffwerent girl.

" Yes UBC have problems with cricket"

Then she went about the same procedure as the last chap, adding that maybe I hadn't applied, or hadn't paid.

I told her that she had already accidently told me that UBC had problems, so why was she saying it's now my fault.

" Hang on " she said, and went away.

The cricket came on instantly.

OOOOOOOOOoooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh

Anyone else have problems this morning?

topic pinned for the duration

Why does a bar in Surin rate a pinned topic, for the duration of the Ashes no less?

Why not pingu ? :o

Give yer three guesses choco bar

1) Because it's a big hoax and there's not even cricket in Australia.

2) So that Farangs can send their Thai girl friends to watch the Ashes while they go elsewhere.

3) If any cricket fans are in the area over the next few months, and they want to watch the game, they know where to go.

See if you can guess. If you are right I will give you a free beer. (pinguins only) but looking at your posts, I think my moneys safe.

• 2 weeks later...

The down under bar is proud to say that is far from closed and is open for all the cricket you can handle. We have been open for business for every ball so far and if you are willing early starts are not a problem. Sukhumvit 7/1 about half way down. Lots of other sports on regularly including the lots of prmier league games. So if you fancy a good aussie cold one come on down.

Rob

• 1 month later...