Gang rape leaves student dead, 4 men arrested in Bangkok

webfact

Girl, 19, dead in Bangkok hotel - four men deny rape, murder

sn.jpg

BANGKOK:-- Four men who took a 19 year old girl to a sex and booze party in a Bangkok hotel denied that they raped and killed her.

Metropolitan Commissioner Sanit Mahathavorn joined officers in trying to get to the truth of the matter as the four men stuck to their story.

They said that they had met the girl, named only as "A" just two days before. She was a commercial college student. 

They took her to a room in a Pahonyothin Road, Soi 11, hotel where they say they took turns in having sex with her.

The girl died and was found on the bed by police on Wednesday. There were no injuries to the body and doctors said that she died when her heart stopped. There were bottles of alcohol in the room.

Two men - named as Katawan and Kanakorn were waiting outside the room to give themselves up to police. Two others gave themselves up later - they are Tawatchai and Khongkraphan. All the men are reported to be aged between 19 and 30.

The men are adamant that they did not rape the girl and did not kill her.

Police did not believe them. They have been charged with sexual assault causing death.

Source: Sanook News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-05

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Can't fully comment as most of it would be deleted. One can only hope karma seeks them out. As an aside, the obligatory bad treatment of women on Thai television has a lot to answer for. Kids grow up with it and likely think it is normal. I hope they realise soon and replace 90% of the trash that is put out there.

....and videos.  Look at the selection anywhere.  Well over half are shoot-em-up, violent, and sex-involved.  Nearly every time I walk by a TV in Thailand and glance at its screen, I see a pretty woman looking stern or crying, usually with a male bullying her.  It's force-fed into Thai psyches. 

48 minutes ago, atyclb said:

just ask bill clinton

He had consensual sex.  Who hasn't?

"The men are adamant that they did not rape the girl and did not kill her.

Police did not believe them. They have been charged with sexual assault causing death."

Obviously the post-mortem will determine if she was raped and they will discover the cause of death.

9 hours ago, scorecard said:

"...the obligatory bad treatment of women on Thai television has a lot to answer for. Kids grow up with it and likely think it is normal. I hope they realise soon and replace 90% of the trash that is put out there."

Couldn't agree more.

In fact my Thai adult son banned all of these programs in our house several years ago.

He had some initial resistance from his M-I-L who insisted it was a good story. Son told her strongly; 'banned in my house, if you don't like it don't come here.' She fell in line.

His sister in law got caught watching one of these programs in our living room with 4 young girls in the room (my son's two daughters 11 and 6, plus S-I-L own girls same ages). S-I-L tried to insist 'you can't tell me what to do', son threw her out and she's never been back. 

Good for your son.  Sounds like he is trying to raise his kids to be responsible adults.

17 hours ago, ukrules said:

The headline is wrong. She didn't die of being gang raped, she was murdered, pure and simple. They raped her first.

As a murder it will be a 'capital' crime.

Probably boys families have special protection; that is why it was a heart attack. No autopsy, just a police announcement that she died of a heart attack.

10 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

Probably boys families have special protection; that is why it was a heart attack. No autopsy, just a police announcement that she died of a heart attack.

If the families have special protection by the police then why wouldn't the police simply say they could not identify the attackers?

That way these "influential" families would not be losing face right now for having a rapist son arrested and in jail.

6 hours ago, Thian said:

Gangrape is more Indian style, never thought some young Thai kids would lower themselves to that level.

Punish em hard please.

Just read this morning that bootleg copies of rapes are quite popular in India and are sold by the 100's & 1,000's every day.

Amazing culture.

1 hour ago, Borzandy said:

" no injuries to the body and doctors said that she died when her heart stopped " stupidity of the Thai doctors, this case is clearly a suicide !

That Kwak is a fokkin smart one, everybody will die if the heart stops. Make the Maggots rot in Jail.

One would hope autopsy would include vaginal swabs (with a bit more care of custody than Koh Tao), and perhaps checking bin for used condoms (hope not flushed if they used them). Perhaps check bedsheets for dna also...

5 hours ago, shirtless said:

These guys need to hang

some girls like gang bangs believe it or not, i have been fortunate enough to meet a few. good aussie girls who sometimes walk on the wild side, probably a few in thailand as well. it is possible she drank too much or had some reaction to something causing heart failure. no signs of injury, not even brusing. dosent sound like rape to me. no need to deal out the death penalty just yet. 

Edited by williamgeorgeallen
added to post

13 hours ago, monkey4u said:

They have said they were guilty of rape and the girl is dead

Now let a judge give the death penalty to the 4 and carry out the executions

This stops these 4 from committing any more crimes and saves the government money feeding them

no the article said they raped her to get more clicks. 

The men are adamant that they did not rape the girl and did not kill her.

21 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Can't fully comment as most of it would be deleted. One can only hope karma seeks them out. As an aside, the obligatory bad treatment of women on Thai television has a lot to answer for. Kids grow up with it and likely think it is normal. I hope they realise soon and replace 90% of the trash that is put out there.

You are quite right!  My wife watches these Thai Soaps every day, and all I can hear is screemimg women, men fighting and gun shots.  It's no wonder the kids grow up to be so aggressive.  Thai TV should be censored, although probably too late now; things will never change!

I mean they are only doing what they see elites and important people in Thailand do all the time when they commit a crime: Lie, deny, run away.

Though they might need red bull to give them wings to fly off scott free from this.

15 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

....and videos.  Look at the selection anywhere.  Well over half are shoot-em-up, violent, and sex-involved.  Nearly every time I walk by a TV in Thailand and glance at its screen, I see a pretty woman looking stern or crying, usually with a male bullying her.  It's force-fed into Thai psyches. 

He had consensual sex.  Who hasn't?

Agreed the comments about Thai television. The glorification of domestic violence seems to feature in every programme. 

2 hours ago, Emster23 said:

One would hope autopsy would include vaginal swabs (with a bit more care of custody than Koh Tao), and perhaps checking bin for used condoms (hope not flushed if they used them). Perhaps check bedsheets for dna also...

They're not denying they had sex with her, they are saying it was consensual.  So of course their DNA will be found in her. 

More important is whether the autopsy will find the presence of drugs in her system.  Particularly of the date rape variety. 

2 hours ago, Moti24 said:

You are quite right!  My wife watches these Thai Soaps every day, and all I can hear is screemimg women, men fighting and gun shots.  It's no wonder the kids grow up to be so aggressive.  Thai TV should be censored, although probably too late now; things will never change!

Never too late, just ban all the crap TV today, and things will gradually change, ok will need the help from role models initially, together with  proper direction and guidance at school etc. 

But Never To Late.

16 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

"The men are adamant that they did not rape the girl and did not kill her.

Police did not believe them. They have been charged with sexual assault causing death."

Obviously the post-mortem will determine if she was raped and they will discover the cause of death.

" There were no injuries to the body and doctors said that she died when her heart stopped. "

Rather difficult to prove rape from a post-mortem; you can prove sex, or even rough sex. If there were injuries to the body; then force may be involved and/or rape assumed. Let's see what the post-mortem reveals

The OP who said that rape is about power,is correct.It is usually committed by a person who is inadequate with the female sex and likes to see fear when he is in control of a situation and the victim has to do as she is told or suffer further consequences,often resulting in further physical abuse,or some times even death.In Western world,these type of sexual offences normally result in the perp being sectioned for his own safety.There are many a criminal in the  system that detests sexual crimes because he has to think of his wife/girlfriend,and kids who may be unprotected during his absence.Not to mention his hatred of pedophiles.We as men are normally happy in our belief that the deviant will get his just desserts whilst inside,after the population if the prison has been advised of his crime.Even when isolated,the machine shopthe pervert is not safe,and even when sectioned,it has been known for a coin filed down,in the machine shop and sharp on one side has been flicked at the face of such offenders leaving nasty cuts.We are happy to think that these people get their punishments meted out by 'the boys inside'

Not so here,women are thought of as chattels, and to be used and abused by any male who sees fit and is in need of sexual satisfaction.Rape is dismissed out of hand by the authorities here,and sometimes goes unreported.One such policeman dismissed an attempted rape and released the offender,saying that as he didn't actually rape her,the crime wasn't that serious.

Sorry! but when /if these pieces of shit,ever get inside(even though the charge is murder?)

they will be treated as good old boys who,were unfortunate to get caught having a good time with a girl,the fact that she died in the process will be inconsequential.They will laugh and recall the pain and suffering the girl suffered as they regale their wing mates with the memory  of their gang bang.

In our world we expect prison justice to be given out by the incarcerated to the deviant.We expect that the offender(especially in the case of child sex) will live in fear every day of his sentence.But these ones will just meld into prison society among the other drug users and vile creatures that are in there with them.

So to all of us that think mob justice is a given.Sorry, about that but dont be so sure.

If you want to know how i know this,(after the crys of 'prove it,where do you get your information,') I had a bar for years in pattaya,and over the course of time,i got to know a guy who had done some serious time both here and the UK.He has been pictured on this forum more than once or twice.It was in my best interest to get to know him because the very name, sometimes made guys, who wanted to kick off in the bar think twice.needless to say,we had some very after hours chats.

Believe me or not,its your choice.