What are your favourite shoes to wear when knocking around in Thailand?

neverdie

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll stick with my 699baht slip on sandals from Big C. Unbelievably comfy, and look the absolute dog's <deleted> when going out for a 99baht breakfast. Should I worry about being over-dressed? ;)

6 hours ago, rasg said:

I wouldn't be seen dead in sandals...

Curious as to why, as they seem the most sensible option in such a hot country?

Incidentally, does anyone know whether Teva sandals are available in Thailand?

Edit - Sorry, just realised it was a joke, I can be a bit slow at times.....

Edited by dick dasterdly

On August 9, 2016 at 11:44 AM, rijit said:

Have you had them
Succesfully resoled in thailand ?

I just bought 2 pair on eBay. Came from Germany $50 each and shipping wasn't expensive. Had a pair resolved in US and had to ship them and wait over a month.

I don't understand why people feel the need to wear different clothes and shoes here. It's not that hot, especially when you've been here a while and acclimatised. I just wear converse most of the time, same as I do back home. 

Also, I value my toes too much to walk around on Bangkok pavements all day in sandals. 

22 hours ago, SpokaneAl said:

Most New Balance shoes come in a variety of widths. I don't know of availability of those width options in Thailand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ive got a really fat thick set on me big too

nb too narrow

30 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

I don't understand why people feel the need to wear different clothes and shoes here. It's not that hot, especially when you've been here a while and acclimatised. I just wear converse most of the time, same as I do back home. 

Also, I value my toes too much to walk around on Bangkok pavements all day in sandals. 

If you you thinknthailand is warm, try oztralia 

Nearly always Reebok running shoes (I have red and black), but I also have some Nike trail runners.

As SB says, the Thai roads/footpaths/jungle trails are too dangerous for my toes in flipflops or sandals.

Edited by MissAndry

8 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Curious as to why, as they seem the most sensible option in such a hot country?

I find sandals to be very uncomfortable. Crocs around the boat or beach. Airwalkers (£15 in Thailand) are very light, exceptionally comfortable and last forever.

On 8/10/2016 at 6:43 PM, SoiBiker said:

I suspect you don't come from the UK?

It really is that hot for those of us who come from cold countries!

Back in the UK I'd wear clothes suitable for the temperature - including socks and boots/shoes for most of the year.  On holiday in hot countries I'd wear something entirely different.

Personally, I've no desire to ever wear womens' suits or other professional clothing ever again!

Mostly I wear a pair of Olakai flip flops.They last for years. The current pair is two years plus and just now showing a bit of wear. But the best footwear I have ever owned. Hands down....I bought two pairs of Mephisto walking boots in 1989. One pair has been in thirty plus country's. Still in great condition. Cost a small fortune but money well spent. Guaranteed for life and they rebuild them if shipped back to the factory. 

During the rainy season, I wear the plastic/ rubber Adda shoes (Croc knockoffs) much of the time. After destroying numerous trainers and other shoes riding my motorbike and wading through puddles, I bought the Adda shoes. Not only are they very comfortable, you only need to rinse or wash them with a little soap to keep them fresh.

Yeah, I know they're ugly, but so am I.