Stories abound as Pokémon Go is already causing problems in Thailand

rooster59

13 hours ago, smedly said:

this is madness, how many people are going to die because of this nonsense, it's bad enough everywhere you look people sitting with their faces buried in a smartphone - the social evolution of the 21st century has now become an extremely antisocial scurge and disease,  now more people are going to die because of it and I say "more" because many deaths are already caused on the roads in Thailand because of people using their smartphone while driving.

What's going to happen when contact lenses become screens for devices - people will be sitting staring in front of them life mindless zombies.........and that technology is not too far away

Didn't you ever see WALL-E? The imagineers at Disney long ago foretold this prophecy.

As games go, Pokemon GO adds a lot more to life than many other recent games have
It involves.people in their surroundings and offers the opportunity to explore boundaries and places a lot of these people wouldn't normally do.
Groups of a thais walking everywhere? Didn't see that coming.
play with friends, play with your kids

So Pokemon go is a CIA plot? 

No off course not.
The CIA just enjoy investing in video games because, you know, that's what the CIA is all about. Video game development.
Pokémon Go is a mass surveillance program on a global scale.

Also look at what the NGA is involved in. It is national security and video game development.

Do some research and you can come to your own conclusion.
I've certainly don't mine and from what ive uncovered it is definitely a plot by the CIA to collect massive amounts of data of the world's population for reasons yet unknown.
It's not like they are the most trustworthy organization.
It is also an early test for such things as mind control.

Call me crazy if you wish but just look at all the zombies already out walking around with the cameras and gps of their smartphones and tablets gathering all this information.

5 hours ago, saminoz said:

Could it be hacked to get kids to find a Pokemon at, say, a kiddie fiddler's house?  Very dangerous if so.

Not hacked per se but companies like mcdonalds and starbucks are buying 'pokestop' lures via the app...they buy a number of these cretinous things and litter their premises with them....trying to attract customers who will come there looking for the pokemons....how this makes customers spend is anyones guess but it certainly brings them in. I just walked by a mall in singapore with f*^*w@ts by the dozen playing this game walking around like zombies. A man in singapore found a real dead body in the sea following a pokemon. 

19 hours ago, digibum said:

TV should create a new forum:

Pokemon Thailand Death Toll

Devoted entirely to news stories about people killed either playing Pokemon Go or by someone who was playing Pokemon Go.

There have been a few near death experiences in Australia so far.  Just a few days ago, a P plate driver was playing, speeding, and ran through a fence into a house.

For those whose countries don't have P plates, and there may be some, they indicate a provisional licence, the first one or two years of a driver holding a licence, red or green P plate.   It's a warning for the rest of us to give them a wide berth!

Saw on TV yesterday....

They play it in Syria as well, people going into the rumbles and the live fire zones to get pokemons....

What the heck has the world come to :)

I must try it 555

Edited by CantSpell

A post using Thai language has been removed.  This is the English language side of the forum, English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.

On 8/8/2016 at 4:44 AM, F4UCorsair said:

There have been a few near death experiences in Australia so far.  Just a few days ago, a P plate driver was playing, speeding, and ran through a fence into a house.

For those whose countries don't have P plates, and there may be some, they indicate a provisional licence, the first one or two years of a driver holding a licence, red or green P plate.   It's a warning for the rest of us to give them a wide berth!

Now has a S plate?

I was walking around the mall and BTS, you get people already blocking entrances/walkways or slowing down just to catch some monsters.... it will get worse once more people start to play....

Thai people randomly slowing down and blocking entrances is a daily obstacle here.

How can you tell if it is worse?

• 3 weeks later...
this is madness, how many people are going to die because of this nonsense, it's bad enough everywhere you look people sitting with their faces buried in a smartphone - the social evolution of the 21st century has now become an extremely antisocial scurge and disease,  now more people are going to die because of it and I say "more" because many deaths are already caused on the roads in Thailand because of people using their smartphone while driving.

What's going to happen when contact lenses become screens for devices - people will be sitting staring in front of them life mindless zombies.........and that technology is not too far away

Why is that a problem?

On Sunday, August 07, 2016 at 0:08 PM, trogers said:

Cool down!

We have 7 billion on the planet. Evolution dictates this natural phenomenon called 'the stupid must die'.

I am sure Mother Earth can do with a few tens of millions less human...

But so many of them are then destined to be eradicated from a single SE asian location. Charles must have been reincarnated to confirm his theory still relevant after a few hundred years.