Uk Passport Issued In Bkk

Anyone clarify for me, if a UK citizen renews {not lost or stolen} a passport through the embassy in Bangkok, is that fact stated on the passport these days? i.e. a UK issued passport states under Authority on ID page UKPA {UK Passport Agency}

Regards

/edit capitalisation //

Edited by A_Traveller

Don't know about UK passports, but the US passport I got through the Bangkok embassy in 2005 has no place listed, either. When I fill out forms and they ask for place the passport was issued, I leave it blank or put my home country. Maybe countries don't mention it now, at least foreign embassies.

Both of my last two passports were issued by Bangkok Embassy.

First stated something like Bangkok as place of issue (don't have it with me).

The latest issued 2004 states Code of Issuing Country : GBR and Authority : THA.

THA indicating Thailand makes sense but I don't know for sure.

My last renewal at BE Manila also says FCO. However whilst on the subject can anyone tell me how long it takes to renew a British passport here in Bangkok.

Also how does one get around finding someone of British nationality who is supposed to have known you for xxx years and signs a agreement to that effect.

My last renewal at BE Manila also says FCO. However whilst on the subject can anyone tell me how long it takes to renew a British passport here in Bangkok.

Also how does one get around finding someone of British nationality who is supposed to have known you for xxx years and signs a agreement to that effect.

My understanding is that it's normally about 2 weeks {not speaking from experience}. On the 'someone who has known me' point, I believe that a Thai citizen, if you are in Thailand, naturally, {or a citizen of the Commonwealth} can countersign, providing that they have known you for more than 2 years and are equivalently qualified. e.g. lawyer, bank officer, doctor &tc.

Regards

/edit add clarification //

Edited by A_Traveller

It's so many working days, can't remember the figure but it only takes about a week in my experience so that points to five. For info my last renewal was Feb '03 so any changes to procedure etc since need to be factored in.

It's so many working days, can't remember the figure but it only takes about a week in my experience so that points to five. For info my last renewal was Feb '03 so any changes to procedure etc since need to be factored in.

I just renewed my UK licence last month from Bkk. It states FCO and nothing else. Which is cool. It also took 28 days to arrive which is longer than they state on their website. Also you can only get the bio-metric ones now, which are nearly 7000 baht. And you cant get the ones with 48 pages yet, only 32 pages.

On a more positive note, they credited me with the remainig 7 months of my old passport. So i got a new one which expires in 10 years and 7 months. I believe they will credit you with up to 9 months.

Thanks again, all.

28 days! ye gods, makes the fly over, 1 day appointment {@ 100 GBP}, and fly back almost seem reasonable, especially since one would get a 48 pager.

I seem to recall reading about a 'work to rule' {an infamous British phrase that} at the agency responsible, maybe that accounts for the time-scale.

Regards

If you are renewing an expired passport (and you have the old one with you) and you are making your application in person, you don't need anyone to sign your photos.

In this set of circumstances, do you still have get section 10 {I think} filled in on the application i.e. 'this person has known the applicant for 2 year plus &tc' ?

Regards

PeaceBlondie,

That is pretty strange.

My last two US passports have had the place of issue. The only passport that I own that does NOT have the country it was issued in, is one that was issued whe I was a minor, and then again, it is a funny colored passport.

Edited by LaReina

If you are renewing an expired passport (and you have the old one with you) and you are making your application in person, you don't need anyone to sign your photos.

In this set of circumstances, do you still have get section 10 {I think} filled in on the application i.e. 'this person has known the applicant for 2 year plus &tc' ?

Regards

The statement is correct, when renewing a passport and sending in the old one they have at last seen sense and accepted the passport they actually issued is a true ID document for their citizen, exactly what the passport has been to every other country in the world.

See UKPA website

http://www.passport.gov.uk/passport_renewi...ppform.asp#sign