Let's hope Chiang Mai Immigration don't see this.

Chiengmaijoe

In another case, a British coach driver was arrested – but not ultimately charged – after he burned towels that were holding spots for German visitors.

Germans holding a spot on the beach, or a lounge by the pool with a towel, Shocking, say it isn't so!

The fact is immigration couldn`t care less. For the people that don`t use agencies or other means to complete their immigration business, immigration allows a maximum amount of numbers for the queue and they have no interest as to how and whom gets those slots. Providing it is the actual persons when the numbers are called, then it`s no skin off their noses. There are no members of staff standing outside ensuring that everyone gets a fair crack of the game. In actually, it`s an appalling situation. 

What we need is Tim sharky on the scene to make sure we all get treated fairly.

24 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

The fact is immigration couldn`t care less. For the people that don`t use agencies or other means to complete their immigration business, immigration allows a maximum amount of numbers for the queue and they have no interest as to how and whom gets those slots. Providing it is the actual persons when the numbers are called, then it`s no skin off their noses. There are no members of staff standing outside ensuring that everyone gets a fair crack of the game. In actually, it`s an appalling situation. 

What we need is Tim sharky on the scene to make sure we all get treated fairly.

I think immigration does have a preference as to which agencies are used, the rest, I agree, they care little.

This is somewhat  different than assigning a designee or agent to collect a number or continually hold a place in line.  I have seen this offensive practice at a beach resort where those guests in the know hog up rows of pool lounges first thing in the morning. Only then sometime after lunch come to sunbathe, like it is their own property to be taken all day but only used a few hours. No way this appalling behavior should be tolerated on a public beach. Management put up signs but basically do nothing. Maybe they like to watch the haves and have mores fight over chairs. If they want their space all day reserved these entitled elites could easily have afforded the $USD 75 per day Cabanas that sat empty.

I don't really see anything wrong with using a line stander, I've never done it, but I'm going to. When you use an agent you may end up in front of someone that waited in line for a spot. When you hire someone to wait for you anyone that queues up behind them knows that there is someone in front of them. Can't be as bad as agents showing up at the airport immigration with bouquets of flowers and bags full of passports like they used to. I remember waiting and thinking " they're calling a number every 20 minutes, so I should be next" only to have an agent pop in and no numbers being called for almost an hour.

On 09/08/2016 at 3:33 PM, ramrod711 said:

I don't really see anything wrong with using a line stander, I've never done it, but I'm going to. When you use an agent you may end up in front of someone that waited in line for a spot. When you hire someone to wait for you anyone that queues up behind them knows that there is someone in front of them. Can't be as bad as agents showing up at the airport immigration with bouquets of flowers and bags full of passports like they used to. I remember waiting and thinking " they're calling a number every 20 minutes, so I should be next" only to have an agent pop in and no numbers being called for almost an hour.

I do.

It is the responsibility of those that prefer not to use agencies attending immigration, to personally take care of their own business. Otherwise it`s like people in a racing competition cheating by taking short cuts across a field. The people that hire place holders means they are making it even more stressful for those who need to obtain their 90 day reports and extensions, it`s not playing a fair game.

They are only doing this wanting the best of both worlds, to save money on agency fees and also not having the inconvenience of arriving at immigration early and having to join the queues, which places others at a great disadvantage.

Those who hire place holders are a main part of the problem with the immigration system at the moment, just adding to the stress and chaos, pig headed and selfish.

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

I do.

It is the responsibility of those that prefer not to use agencies attending immigration, to personally take care of their own business. Otherwise it`s like people in a racing competition cheating by taking short cuts across a field. The people that hire place holders means they are making it even more stressful for those who need to obtain their 90 day reports and extensions, it`s not playing a fair game.

They are only doing this wanting the best of both worlds, to save money on agency fees and also not having the inconvenience of arriving at immigration early and having to join the queues, which places others at a great disadvantage.

Those who hire place holders are a main part of the problem with the immigration system at the moment, just adding to the stress and chaos, pig headed and selfish.

Thank you so much for your input,, I have already hired a person so the position is no longer available. Feel free to apply for next years extension though.

why is everyones panties getting  stitched up people have the right to hire an agent or aplace holder or showup themselves at 4am to get a place in line,as long as you ar serviced whats the hassel. The only big tick off or me is the clown who strolls in at 8:15 expecting to grab a number and has a shocked look when told to get at the back of the bus. if and when the get the on line Q back up most of the belly aching here will stop, even Nancy will mellow out

It's so sad that CM Immigration continues to perpetrate this elder abuse and here we are busy squabbling with each other, splitting hairs about whether someone is more "holy than thou", because they're forking over 3000 baht to the visa "agent" queue jumpers who just happen to have set up shop in space leased to CM Immigration or if someone is wrong to pay some college kid 500 baht to go out at 5 am and hold a place in the ghastly queue so they can take his place at 8 am.  

It's just wrong, wrong, wrong that we have do engage in either practice to take care of what should be a routine annual task that can be accomplished anywhere else in Thailand by a foreign retiree within a couple hours.  In fact, most retirees spend more time driving to their local immigration office than they do AT the local immigration office for their annual reporting & extension application requirements.

Oh Moe -- I have news for you, most places in in Thailand, a foreign retiree can arrive at his local immigration office at 8:15 am to take care of his annual extension and they'll wonder why he arrived so early.  In fact, in most offices, you can arrive as late as 3pm and still obtain your retirement extension that same day.  

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

It's so sad that CM Immigration continues to perpetrate this elder abuse and here we are busy squabbling with each other, splitting hairs about whether someone is more "holy than thou", because they're forking over 3000 baht to the visa "agent" queue jumpers who just happen to have set up shop in space leased to CM Immigration or if someone is wrong to pay some college kid 500 baht to go out at 5 am and hold a place in the ghastly queue so they can take his place at 8 am.  

It's just wrong, wrong, wrong that we have do engage in either practice to take care of what should be a routine annual task that can be accomplished anywhere else in Thailand by a foreign retiree within a couple hours.  In fact, most retirees spend more time driving to their local immigration office than they do AT the local immigration office for their annual reporting & extension application requirements.

Oh Moe -- I have news for you, most places in in Thailand, a foreign retiree can arrive at his local immigration office at 8:15 am to take care of his annual extension and they'll wonder why he arrived so early.  In fact, in most offices, you can arrive as late as 3pm and still obtain your retirement extension that same day.  

Nancy, you are so so right, it stinks to high heaven. Why blame everyone else when it`s the system in Chiang Mai that is abusing us.

I don`t like using an agency or would want to hire a place holder and lining someone else`s pockets with what should be a routine task as is in other regions. Since the years I have been here the processes of trying to stay in the so called paradise region of Chiang Mai each year has become harder and harder. Now they are talking about tracking us with sim cards. I am rapidly becoming disillusioned with this city.

if someone is wrong to pay some college kid 500 baht to go out at 5 am and hold a place in the ghastly queue so they can take his place at 8 am.  

I had planned to use an agent, in fact I do for 90 day reports, but my wife has a friend who's son is developmentally challenged. She started a "business" so that her son who cannot attend school because he is too big to be in elementary school and doesn't meet the academic requirements for the classes in his age group can make a little money. She drives him to immigration and stays with him overnight. He has a bank account for the first time in his life and is evidently very proud of it. Not that this is meant to be a justification for using a stand-in, I don't feel that I need to justify how I spend my money, particularly when it is common practice.

On 11 สิงหาคม 2559 at 1:35 AM, cyberfarang said:

I don`t like using an agency or would want to hire a place holder and lining someone else`s pockets with what should be a routine task as is in other regions. Since the years I have been here the processes of trying to stay in the so called paradise region of Chiang Mai each year has become harder and harder. Now they are talking about tracking us with sim cards. I am rapidly becoming disillusioned with this city.

from your posts Cybes, it certainly appears that the immgr dept poor services , are  on top of you,

from a distant observer,perhaps its time ,to  pack it in, and seek greener immgr dept pastures, in Thailand :D or leave

its  a Dire Straits , afternoon to all:)

On August 10, 2016 at 5:41 PM, cyberfarang said:

I do.

"Those who hire place holders are a main part of the problem with the immigration system at the moment"

Absolutely right, the main immigration problem for us is not that they are unable to process us all quickly and conveniently, it is those pig headed selfish line sitters causing stress and chaos.

Love the drama even if it is fiction. Dream on.