Home Traction Unit

watgate

I have occasional neck tightness in my cervical area and when back in the US I go to a chiropractor for adjustments. When there I also get electrical stim and traction as well as hot and cold treatments. Over time it does the trick and my problem is resolved. Now that I am in Chiang Mai, since the only chiropractor only is here one weekend a month, he primarily refers patients for physical therapy and evidently doesn't do much in the way of adjustments. Therefore I am looking to get a home traction unit which I can use to stretch out my neck and surrounding soft tissue. The unit I have back in the US has a head harness attached to a pully system and the other end has a bag which you fill with water to varying levels depending on how much weight you want. The traction unit is attached to the top of a door. You sit in a chair and the head harness pulls your head up and you get a good stretch of your neck. I am looking to buy something similar here but all I have seen is the 3 tiered bellows which you put around your neck and you inflate the bellows by pumping them up with air  to create an upward push. I have tried this but did not find it very effective. Does anyone know where I may buy a home cervical traction unit similar to the one I use back in the US.

Only source I know of in Thailand for things like this is:

http://www.spinefitpro.net/

They sell mostly inversion tables but if you look on the right hand side bottom they also have a traction table. I can't tell from the picture whether it has a chin strap or not, you'd need one to really stretch the cervical vertebra on it as it is really more geared to lumbar spine.

Not the same as what you had in US though. Possibly you might find that on Amazon?

I've had intermittent neck traction while laying on a nice warm heat pad at the physiotherapy dept at CM Ram hospital in CM.  I just a stiff neck problem during the coldest weather, which fortunately isn't very often here.  We live 

close to CM Ram and, with a referral from an orthopedic doc at CM Ram for XX number of treatments, you can go anytime they're open as often as you want for a nice, soothing 1/2 hour traction treatment.  I always fall asleep during these treatments.