Double Entry Tourist Visa

I have a double entry tourist visa. My passport says 7 th January 2007 on the visa page. So can I leave on the 7th and go to Cambodia for 5 days or so and then get another 60 days when I re enter Thailand. Also, someone told me I will need a visa for Cambodia if I stay for more than 2 days. Is that true. Thanks.

No. If your visa (the page entered by a Consulate) has 7 January 2007 on it that has to be the use before date so you will not have a valid visa (even if only one entry was used) if you try to enter after that date. Your second entry must be made before that date to receive a new 60 day stamp.

You need a Cambodian visa to enter the country of Cambodia.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I think I put it wrong,. On the visa it says "this visa must be utilised before 1st May 2007". When I came in to Thailand I got a stamp saying 7th January 2007. What do you think? Thanks again. Thai visas and the thai language are 2 things I just cant seem to get my head around.

You can either depart before 7 January or extend your stay for another 30 days at immigration upon payment of 1,900 baht before 7 January. As long as you return before 1 May you should obtain a new 60 day permitted to stay stamp.

Thai visas and the thai language are 2 things I just cant seem to get my head around.

You're certainly not alone there! :o Most of us are on this board to try and help each other make sense of the visa uncertainties. :D

As long as you return before 1 May you should obtain a new 60 day permitted to stay stamp.

...... which should also be extendable for yet another 30 days at Immigration on payment of the 1900 Baht fee.

Thai visas and the thai language are 2 things I just cant seem to get my head around.

You're certainly not alone there! :D Most of us are on this board to try and help each other make sense of the visa uncertainties. :D

Uncertainies are only caused by the certainy that people will not read the visa Nomenclature pinned thread on the forum. Of course, if they did so, the number of threads would drop dramatically

:o

TH

Uncertainies are only caused by the certainy that people will not read the visa Nomenclature pinned thread on the forum. Of course, if they did so, the number of threads would drop dramatically

TH

TH - you have a good point except that some of the detail is not contained within that topic. For example the requirement to have 800,000 Baht in a Thai bank for 3 months prior to application for Retirement Extension. However, your point is still well made!

if you stay more than 2 minutes in cambodia, youll need a visa (to enter).

i would not recommend you leave thailand on the day your visa expires. youll be fined IF you go to lao or malaysia BUt since you ar egoing to cambodia ITS OK....

having said that if anything happens and you dont get to cambodia on that day - youre now and overstayer.

TH

Well, it would make sense to not call it "visa nomenclature" since a lot of people are non-native speakers. How many of them know the word nomenclature? And if you are talking about visa rules then nomenclature would not be the proper word to use. Why not call the thread "Visa Rules". Just a thought.

TH

Well, it would make sense to not call it "visa nomenclature" since a lot of people are non-native speakers. How many of them know the word nomenclature? And if you are talking about visa rules then nomenclature would not be the proper word to use. Why not call the thread "Visa Rules". Just a thought.

Sorry, just read the nomenclature thread and it is labeled correct it is just not a good source of info. I don't see how this could help anyone with the questions that are being asked about rules. All this does is name the classification for different needs of a visa. Maybe one of the pinned ones gives visa rules. I don't know, i'm too lazy to read them. Its just easier to start a new thread that directs the person's exact question and situation. Peace