Is immigration on the move again?

sappersrest

14 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

The Pomenada is a depressing place. Only time I visit there is when I have business at immigration, would never go there otherwise. During my waiting period I have walked around the Pomenada. It`s dim, grey, has too much wide open empty space and the times I have been there, could count the amount of people walking about on one hand.

depressing place? you could count the amount of people there? i think you must be confused and are going somewhere else instead...  i go there twice a week, every week, on either Saturday or Sunday when at times it is close to impossible to find a place to park unless you park in the lot way out back. there are so many people who come for the weekend events like the children's flea market and roller skating during the day, and live music, drinks and Thai foods at night, that it would be impossible to count. I would guess 500 or more in the evenings Thurs-Sun based on the amount of chairs. i also go once during the week and in the day time when it is not as crowded. but i was there last Monday i believe, and the very popular Southern Thai food restaurant in front of Rimping was completely sold out by 16:45. they are usually open until 20:00. i asked what happened and they said the back building was rented out for an event (apparently they rent it out often now), and there were so many people coming to eat that they ran out more than 3 hours earlier than usual.

6 hours ago, mankondang said:

Sorry eigordo.....this is not intended for your input. My appologies

TV new super improoved Upgrade is not working too good on my appliance. 

Mine neither things at the top keep flashing and when I push to doohickee to post it does not respond. A work in progress no doubt like so many other things today. 

14 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

I don`t want to be hanging about at neither. All I want to do when I have to visit immigration is get the business done and over with a.s.a.p. and then p off home.

So far this is all rumour and although it`s difficult to envisage the situation becoming any worse and even more chaotic, nothing would surprise me anymore in this paradise city of Chiang Mai.

At least you do not have to return now to pick up your passport. One giant leap for the immigration office. 

20 hours ago, nickmondo said:

move from Chiang Mai to Hua Hin like I did.............just bimble down to immigration whenever you like and wait about half an hour    ha ha   enjoy....

Hmmm, enjoy you say, still thinking it was a good move!

On 11/08/2016 at 9:27 AM, cyberfarang said:

The Pomenada is a depressing place. Only time I visit there is when I have business at immigration, would never go there otherwise. During my waiting period I have walked around the Pomenada. It`s dim, grey, has too much wide open empty space and the times I have been there, could count the amount of people walking about on one hand.

If this is true and immigration is going to move back to the airport location, I really hope the G4T goes with it. If it doesn`t and have to use the expensive agencies to avoid the massive queues, then I guess that will please Nancy. All I say at this time is; oh <deleted>.

So sitting in The Dukes (or similar) and having a decent meal, whilst waiting for your appointment at Immigration, is a worse experience than parking at Airport Mall and walking up the street to stand around outside and wait amongst the masses and then walking back? Really!!!

On 11/08/2016 at 4:18 PM, Saraphee said:

KSK? Difficult to reach, old & depressing  with barely functional car park, poor retail environment, empty units to look at, inadequate f&b facilities - other than that seems like quite a good idea.

Well for the many living in or near the city its better option than trekking out to Promenda especially the ones who don't have transport and those staying in and around in holiday accommodation.Depressing nah its like your favorite pair of slippers and you're not going for window shopping.Just an idea as the rent would be minimal and we know how cash strapped CM Imm is don't we ? Plus plenty of space for Agents