US election: Trump denies urging supporters to kill Clinton

webfact

US election: Trump denies urging supporters to kill Clinton

606x341_340983.jpg

WASHINGTON: -- Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump has denied accusations that he incited gun owners’ to kill his Democratic rival for the White House, Hillary Clinton.

In what has become the latest furor involving the billionaire-turned-politician, and what he actually meant, Trump insisted he was just urging supporters to vote.

“I think you’re talking about the power of people that are in favour of the Second Amendment and they have tremendous political power. If Hillary Clinton gets elected, I think she’s going to decimate the Second Amendment, if not abolish it,’‘ Trump said.

Despite claiming his words had been twisted by the media, many others have interpreted the comments as a veiled threat to Clinton.

She has so far only taken to Twitter saying, ‘‘A person seeking to be the President of the United States should not suggest violence in any way.’‘

Fresh from his primary win in Wisconsin, Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan said Trump’s comments appeared to be a bad joke.

“I have been a little busy today, I heard about this Second Amendment quote, it sounds like a joke going bad, I hope he clears that up very quickly. You should never joke about something like that. I didn’t actually hear the comments but I heard about these comments,” Ryan said.

The controversial remarks, made during a rally in North Carolina on Tuesday, centred on a future president’s power to appoint US Supreme Court justices.

Despite only calling for tougher gun laws, Trump has repeatedly accused Clinton of wanting to change the constitution and abolish the Second Amendment, something which could only be achieved via the Supreme Court.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-08-11

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump did not urge supporters to kill Clinton. Still, considering the widely accepted reality that the media in the US are a wholly owned subsidiary of the DNC and radical left, it was one of the more stupid things I have ever heard a politician say. It was like a double messaged statement, one plainly referencing the power of the 2nd Amendment voting bloc, and one that left the door open to other interpretations. Stupid. If I picked a drunk off the streets, cleaned up him, gave him the script that he was running for president, and to behave when he spoke, he would not have offered something so foolish. Therefore, this is a bit disconcerting.

19 minutes ago, arjunadawn said:

Trump did not urge supporters to kill Clinton. Still, considering the widely accepted reality that the media in the US are a wholly owned subsidiary of the DNC and radical left, it was one of the more stupid things I have ever heard a politician say. It was like a double messaged statement, one plainly referencing the power of the 2nd Amendment voting bloc, and one that left the door open to other interpretations. Stupid. If I picked a drunk off the streets, cleaned up him, gave him the script that he was running for president, and to behave when he spoke, he would not have offered something so foolish. Therefore, this is a bit disconcerting.

This has nothing to do with the media. He said the words, as they are all over the internet.

And yes, it was foolish what he said.

Trump certainly did suggest that someone shoot Clinton or a SC justice.  It had nothing to do with voting blocs since he was talking about AFTER Clinton is elected and in a position to nominate a member of the Court.

Trump is lowlife trash.  Fortunately, a large number of voters realize it.  Current estimates of the size of HRC's win range from 334 electoral votes to 354.  Turns out the biggest loser in years is DT.  I expect Trump will quit, probably when he has to face Hillary in the debates since he is certain to be humiliated by her.

He didn't urge them to shoot her. He said that they might have to if enough people don't vote for him. That after all, would be a terrible thing. It's like this: "If I don't get what I want, the only option is murder, which I don't advocate, but it's a consequence and what do I know anyway....I don't know....I suppose....I'm looking into it".

Everyone has now heard what he said or read what he said, everyone knows full well what he was implying and now it is only Trump and the apologists for what he said who look increasingly unable to confront the reality of shit that comes from loosened anusmouth.

9 minutes ago, CaptHaddock said:

Trump certainly did suggest that someone shoot Clinton or a SC justice.  

If so many liberals did not lie so much about Trump, they might be more convincing. I mostly just ignore all their conspiracy theories and spin. 

The sky is falling. The sky is falling!!!

Yeah, sure.

Edited by Ulysses G.

38 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

If so many liberals did not lie so much about Trump, they might be more convincing. I mostly just ignore all their conspiracy theories and spin. 

Yeah, sure.

For conspiracy theories you're looking in the wrong direction.

How meek and wishy washy the west hath become. He hasn't done himself any favours though, esp over the past month or so. Would be better off keeping quiet. You're gonna have a Doris in office chaps. Germany, UK and now US. Even the jocks have one. Not a bad thing of course, just find it all a bit, well, wishy washy. :whistling:

I'm getting really tired of his knuckle-dragging supporters who keep saying that they love Trump because he says exactly what he means, and then moments later we see statements by those same people saying "Oh he didn't mean that - what he meant to say was..."

1 hour ago, Ulysses G. said:

The sky is falling. The sky is falling!!!  Yeah, sure.

Trump often tries to be witty & funny and just as often falls on his fat butt.

Ulysses, I can understand why you would want everyone to ignore the idiotic things The Divider says, but that would entail ignoring nearly everything he says.   Sorry.  I like the entertainment value.  That's part of the reason why I and a majority of Americans will continue to listen to what the Blovator says.  If you resided in a town where an unhinged pistol-wielding man also resided, I think you'd listen to him also.   

If The Dumpster Fire can shoot his mouth off so recklessly in the lead-up to possibly attaining the most powerful position in the world, it's daunting to think of the grave harm he could unleash if he actually got in the power seat.  There would be crises every week, if not every day.

2 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Yeah, sure.

Funny, UG, as the theme of the RNC 2016 was "the sky is falling."  Your constant attack of liberals is puzzling, although not surprising (standard Trump defense).  Surely you know that a large number of Republicans and conservatives have criticized Trump and refused to support him.  How do you inject liberal-bias into that?

I do not blame people for criticizing him. I do it myself. I blame people for LYING about him and that is usually far left liberals that lie  about pretty much everything. This forum has lots of examples.

Edited by Ulysses G.

3 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

I do not blame people for criticizing him. I do it myself. I blame people for LYING about him and that is usually far left liberals that lie  about pretty much everything. This forum has lots of examples.

Voters are trying gauge who to vote for.  Most have already decided to not vote for Trump. People even interview baby sitters.  They want to know who's going to watch over their valuable children.  Trump couldn't even get vetted as a babysitter.  He's got a dirty mouth and there are allegations he raped a 13 yr old four times (and there's a witness).

I just listened to an interview with Dr. Jill Stein, the Green Party candidate.  It gave me renewed hope that there are still some sane, caring, smart people running for political offices in the US.  If I was in a 'battleground-' or 'red state', I would vote for HRC.   As it is, because I'm registered to vote in a 'blue state' (California), I'll vote for Stein.  Way back in August last year, a rock group was about to play a song on Late Night TV.  The leader of the band said 3 words before starting to play, "Anyone but Trump."   I couldn't agree more.

2 hours ago, CaptHaddock said:

Trump certainly did suggest that someone shoot Clinton or a SC justice.  It had nothing to do with voting blocs since he was talking about AFTER Clinton is elected and in a position to nominate a member of the Court.

Trump is lowlife trash.  Fortunately, a large number of voters realize it.  Current estimates of the size of HRC's win range from 334 electoral votes to 354.  Turns out the biggest loser in years is DT.  I expect Trump will quit, probably when he has to face Hillary in the debates since he is certain to be humiliated by her.

Trump loses, and the States Get Clinton. Better, but not by a lot.

59 minutes ago, attrayant said:

I'm getting really tired of his knuckle-dragging supporters who keep saying that they love Trump because he says exactly what he means, and then moments later we see statements by those same people saying "Oh he didn't mean that - what he meant to say was..."

Priceless! Nice point!

This is all very bizarre theatre. The Republicans have Trump who keeps putting his foot in his mouth, and The Democrats have Hilary, a war monger and person of questionable ethics. Who would vote for either of them? I get Democrats disliking Trump but cannot for the life of me fathom how they could possibly support a candidate that is fully backed by the Pentagon, CIA, Wall St, Billionaires and who has critics that keep turning up dead. If the alarm bells aren't going off by now then what will it take? :)

10 minutes ago, Rancid said:

This is all very bizarre theatre. The Republicans have Trump who keeps putting his foot in his mouth, and The Democrats have Hilary, a war monger and person of questionable ethics. Who would vote for either of them? I get Democrats disliking Trump but cannot for the life of me fathom how they could possibly support a candidate that is fully backed by the Pentagon, CIA, Wall St, Billionaires and who has critics that keep turning up dead. If the alarm bells aren't going off by now then what will it take? :)

I guess the long term plan is to get people totally turned off politicians and have Walmart run the country.

Despite only calling for tougher gun laws, Trump has repeatedly accused Clinton of wanting to change the constitution and abolish the Second Amendment, something which could only be achieved via the Supreme Court.

Maybe TVF could use a source for this story that actually has some slight idea of what it is talking about.  The Supreme Court cannot abolish amendments.  This comment is just too stupid to believe.

This is the quote: "Hillary wants to abolish -- essentially abolish the Second Amendment. By the way, if she gets to pick, if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know,"

I don't like Trump, but it's simple to assume that he's NOT telling people to shoot her. A politician is telling people to vote against his opponent. How blind and dumb can some of you people be?

Again: all in defense of Trump...why would it be a "horrible day", when the 2nd Amendment People take care of "that"?

You really have a problem: he is ON TAPE, saying that!

Like he was ON TAPE, when he promised to take over the legal fees, of people who hurt protesters at his rally!

He was ON TAPE, when he shunned David Duke and later claimed, he didn't even know, who that was!

I know, mentally many Trump- supporters are stuck in the bronze- age...but we have TAPE nowadays!

Trump's recent plummet in the polls doesn't seem to have affected Republican Senators in Swing States. http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-republican-senators-polls-2016-8

This might mean more ranking GOP elected leadership may become even more vocal against Trump's erratic and damaging public remarks as the November POTUS election approaches.

1 hour ago, mesterm said:

This is the quote: "Hillary wants to abolish -- essentially abolish the Second Amendment. By the way, if she gets to pick, if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know,"

I don't like Trump, but it's simple to assume that he's NOT telling people to shoot her. A politician is telling people to vote against his opponent. How blind and dumb can some of you people be?

I don't think anyone seriously thinks Trump was actually calling for someone to go out and shoot HRC, although that is the undeniable implication of what he said.  He was just throwing red meat to his fanbase, which he did knowingly and in a cowardly way that he could (and did) deny later.  It's like telling racist jokes and then protesting that you have black friends yourself.  Both the jokes and the sly appeals to violence do their damage nonetheless, which among other things, is to condone and encourage actual violence. 

Just imagine the howls of outrage that would result if Obama were to say something like, "The police should watch out because that are some black vets who are Second Amendment supporters, too." 

4 minutes ago, CaptHaddock said:

I don't think anyone seriously thinks Trump was actually calling for someone to go out and shoot HRC

Looking at the comments and headlines going around, it seems like that's what some seriously want others to think.

Just now, mesterm said:

Looking at the comments and headlines going around, it seems like that's what some seriously want others to think.

But that doesn't excuse him in the least.  It marks him as the most cynical politician in the Republican crowd, which is saying a lot.  Even scum like Gingrich and Ryan haven't stooped that low yet.

Nixon, Reagan, and Bush I all promoted anti-black racism in America very effectively without ever talking like the KKK themselves.  Words matter.  Trump is not some jerk in a bar.  He's some jerk running for president as the nominee of the Republican Party.

1 hour ago, mesterm said:

You're doing more twists and turns than an olympic floor exercise - trying to redefine what everyone else sees as a thinly veiled goading for a gun-huggers to take her out. Added incentive:  Trump would pay for a lawyer to defend the person in court.

Trump gets responses to his ignorant remarks by his white trash base.  Then he ramps it up when he gets a rise with outright lies, "Hillary wants to abolish the second ammendment" "She will take the guns" The ignorant crowd like it even more. 

They chant "lock her up" like they do in some frenzied banana republic mob.  Now Trump is telling them "all you gun lovers, hey, you know what to do".  

There are some serious morons on the trump train. On social media they are talking about civil war(because if Trump loses, the vote was "rigged" obviously)  i saw one guy all amped up saying "all the mosques will be leveled" in the USA !!

Trump gets his jollies by ramping up his poorly educated base.  He feeds off their cheers. 

They can't wait to get those $1 an hour jobs back from China. LOL