Government refutes Yingluck’s distorted facts on PM

webfact

4 hours ago, Ricardo said:

But won't the rice need to be sold, under this scheme, before you can calculate whether-or-not there is any loss resulting ?

I'd view this scheme as being more like the long-running, under several governments, price-smoothing scheme for petrol & diesel retail-pricing. (called the Oil Levy, IIRC)

As I understand, plenty of the rice from the Yingluck rice-pledging has been sold and is still being sold now.

Our village voted yes for the constitution and now every home got some kind of 1x1 meter cement block (rounded) to raise small fishes. The value is only around 600 Baht for the cement pond.

MIL was happy that after all the trouble to show up for voting she got something back and everyone in our village got that rounded cement pond. They even delivered it by tractor and it is was a token by Bangkok to vote for the constitution.

300 houses x 600 Baht = 180,000 Baht and certainly not paid by the Kamnan but from Bangkok. I am seeing my granny tomorrow and will ask her too if their village got anything out of the vote but since she is Red and so is her village I guess she doesn't got anything.

For me this is purely corruption paid by Bangkok. 20000 Isaan villages x 180,000 Baht is 3.6 billion Baht spend on cement ponds. Will ask tomorrow Granny which company in our Amphur got the deal to supply all those cement ponds.

8 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

An elected government who'd handed all power to a crooked fugitive, refused to obey the law, persistently lied, dissolved parliament and were in caretaker mode, had their supposed leader removed by a court for an illegal abuse of power,  were under siege from protesters inflamed at the attempt to by-pass parliamentary procedure and ram through a whitewash amnesty for their owner and dictator, and allowing violent attacks and murders of those who opposed them along with innocent bystanders and children.

Hopefully history will use the Shin kleptocracy years this century to show what can happen when a Chinese feudal clan tries to dominate a country and introduce a political dynasty to run things for its own benefit.

Why do you keep bleating about an Amnesty that was killed off by the upper house and yet say NOTHING about the amnesties the Junta have given themselves for past present and future "deeds"

Most of your rant can be carried over to your beloved junta.

15 hours ago, MissAndry said:

Presumably if Yingluck is found responsible for the previous rice subsidy losses, then Prayut will accept personal liability for the current rubber and rice subsidy losses.

Seems a risky idea to me!

I am all for accountable government and individual politicians. 

Difference between the two schemes is that one is a subsidy, not intended to break even, whilst the other was advertised as a solution that will pay for itself.... did the responsible government ever even acknowledge that the scheme failed?

12 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

An elected government who'd handed all power to a crooked fugitive, refused to obey the law, persistently lied, dissolved parliament and were in caretaker mode, had their supposed leader removed by a court for an illegal abuse of power,  were under siege from protesters inflamed at the attempt to by-pass parliamentary procedure and ram through a whitewash amnesty for their owner and dictator, and allowing violent attacks and murders of those who opposed them along with innocent bystanders and children.

Hopefully history will use the Shin kleptocracy years this century to show what can happen when a Chinese feudal clan tries to dominate a country and introduce a political dynasty to run things for its own benefit.

I've often wondered at your deep hatred, verging on the obsessive, of the Shinawatras, which goes way beyond politics, ignores the shortcomings of every other element in politics and life here and seems to drive your opinions on every topic under the sun!

Now maybe do we have a clue?

"A Chinese feudal clan..."

Edited by JAG
Must suss out the spellchecker!

13 hours ago, candide said:

It has nothing to do with the court. It's about an administrative order from the ministry  of commerce to fine her. 

The Court case is independent from this fine. It will be only an administrative decision by the government.

Let's stay on topic.

Please don't confuse him with facts. Like all shin-haters and junta-huggers, facts are of little interest when there's a good story to tell instead.

Keep it simple so they can grasp the basics.

Winnie

16 hours ago, dominique355 said:

Why does the government think it needs to answer a statement given by a party in a court procedure?

Ever heard of "Separation of Power"? 

Probably not, after reading the constitution voted on last Sunday.

Well they could charge her with perjury, but I believe the definition was changed as a special dispensation for her only.

13 hours ago, Alwyn said:

As I understand, plenty of the rice from the Yingluck rice-pledging has been sold and is still being sold now.

And the profits are rolling in. It took longer than 6 months, but soon every Thai will be rich.

11 hours ago, MobileContent said:

Our village voted yes for the constitution and now every home got some kind of 1x1 meter cement block (rounded) to raise small fishes. The value is only around 600 Baht for the cement pond.

MIL was happy that after all the trouble to show up for voting she got something back and everyone in our village got that rounded cement pond. They even delivered it by tractor and it is was a token by Bangkok to vote for the constitution.

300 houses x 600 Baht = 180,000 Baht and certainly not paid by the Kamnan but from Bangkok. I am seeing my granny tomorrow and will ask her too if their village got anything out of the vote but since she is Red and so is her village I guess she doesn't got anything.

For me this is purely corruption paid by Bangkok. 20000 Isaan villages x 180,000 Baht is 3.6 billion Baht spend on cement ponds. Will ask tomorrow Granny which company in our Amphur got the deal to supply all those cement ponds.

So one village got a government freebie (and not a bad idea) on referendum day, and somehow you turn that into a vote buy? How many of the 20,000 villages got their fish tank on the same day, or tomorrow, or next week?

Edited by halloween

23 minutes ago, halloween said:

So one village got a government freebie (and not a bad idea) on referendum day, and somehow you turn that into a vote buy? How many of the 20,000 villages got their fish tank on the same day, or tomorrow, or next week?

does it matter  ? it's a populist policy and a form of vote buying, which typically for you sycophants, ignore when it's done by the "good people" 

Just now, Holy Cinema said:

does it matter  ? it's a populist policy and a form of vote buying, which typically for you sycophants, ignore when it's done by the "good people" 

What votes are they buying? Suddenly you become opposed to populist policies, when this one actually makes sense (to me, at least).

13 hours ago, Alwyn said:

Yes, although at the rate it's selling, it will probably take another couple-of-years (if ever) before the final figure is known for the PTP/Thaksin rice-scheme.

But you were referring to the new/current scheme, not her old one, unless I misunderstood your post ?

Just now, halloween said:

What votes are they buying? Suddenly you become opposed to populist policies, when this one actually makes sense (to me, at least).

Ignorance is bliss, you know full well what I'm getting at, but as usual it's defelction and denial.

There's nothing wrong with giving away free stuff to benefit the villages, I agree, it's all about the timing.

3 minutes ago, Holy Cinema said:

Ignorance is bliss, you know full well what I'm getting at, but as usual it's defelction and denial.

There's nothing wrong with giving away free stuff to benefit the villages, I agree, it's all about the timing.

I have no idea what you are getting at, I assumed you were just opposing anything to do with the junta.

What is the problem with the timing? Should they have stopped delivery on referendum day? How about the weeks leading up to it? Should the junta seek your approval before beginning implementation of their social policies?

Edited by halloween

Amazing Thailand. I love it! Everyday entertainment! You can't get this at home! Go General. Your My Man!

It's amazing how a man in Exile can cause 300 Billion Baht in Corruption and then take a lot of the money out of country! Only Thailand!

Edited by tomwct

6 minutes ago, halloween said:

I have no idea what you are getting at, I assumed you were just opposing anything to do with the junta.

What is the problem with the timing? Should they have stopped delivery on referendum day? How about the weeks leading up to it? Should the junta seek your approval before beginning implementation of their social policies?

Yes you do, and your responses are typical, and you know what they say about assumptions to.

Keep up your charade, you are fooling no one, and actually trolling.

2 hours ago, Holy Cinema said:

Yes you do, and your responses are typical, and you know what they say about assumptions to.

Keep up your charade, you are fooling no one, and actually trolling.

Riiiight! I question whether giving out fish tanks in one village on a certain day was an attempt to influence votes on the referendum, something the poster hasn't bothered to defend. then you claim it is populism and vote buying, can't tell me what votes are being bought, concede the fish takes are a good idea but have a problem with the timing, then can't give me the problem with the timing but I should know your obscure thought processes and if I can't then I'm a troll. Does that about sum the conversation?

41 minutes ago, halloween said:

Riiiight! I question whether giving out fish tanks in one village on a certain day was an attempt to influence votes on the referendum, something the poster hasn't bothered to defend. then you claim it is populism and vote buying, can't tell me what votes are being bought, concede the fish takes are a good idea but have a problem with the timing, then can't give me the problem with the timing but I should know your obscure thought processes and if I can't then I'm a troll. Does that about sum the conversation?

I said a form of vote buying, you know, the same thing you have repeatedly said about the rice scam.. 

If you're not smart enough to figure what votes were being bought and favours curried, that's your problem not mine.

My thought process is a lot more open than your for someone who's tag line is "raised on bullshit can smell it a mile off" I'd suggest you change it as you clearly can't!

You're a troll, you only troll such topics and are conspicuous in your absence when your heroes come in for some stick

1 minute ago, Holy Cinema said:

I said a form of vote buying, you know, the same thing you have repeatedly said about the rice scam.. 

If you're not smart enough to figure what votes were being bought and favours curried, that's your problem not mine.

My thought process is a lot more open than your for someone who's tag line is "raised on bullshit can smell it a mile off" I'd suggest you change it as you clearly can't!

You're a troll, you only troll such topics and are conspicuous in your absence when your heroes come in for some stick

Still waiting for the votes and the problem with the timing.

Just now, smutcakes said:

Halolween is having a right nightmare here... swinging and missing all over the place.

I thought wumming was not allowed.

He's a s predictable as an RTP/Junta press conference when a serious incident occurs, and fingers start pointing

3 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Halolween is having a right nightmare here... swinging and missing all over the place.

I thought wumming was not allowed.

My POV may be contrary to yours, but not to many others who similarly found what passed for democracy in Thailand was unacceptable. Why some were/are prepared to accept that farce is beyond me.

I don't accept that everything the junta does is right, far from it, but there are enough willing to attack everything they do without me joining the chorus. OTOH when they do something as benign as handing out fish tanks to villagers, I certainly like to point out the inconsistencies of those who criticise EVERYTHING the junta does.

MC is happy to claim vote-buying when there are no votes being sought, and then claim mis-timing without explaining the timing problem. The idea that fish tanks being handed out in one village on the day of the referendum was an attempt to influence the result is laughable.

3 minutes ago, halloween said:

My POV may be contrary to yours, but not to many others who similarly found what passed for democracy in Thailand was unacceptable. Why some were/are prepared to accept that farce is beyond me.

I don't accept that everything the junta does is right, far from it, but there are enough willing to attack everything they do without me joining the chorus. OTOH when they do something as benign as handing out fish tanks to villagers, I certainly like to point out the inconsistencies of those who criticise EVERYTHING the junta does.

MC is happy to claim vote-buying when there are no votes being sought, and then claim mis-timing without explaining the timing problem. The idea that fish tanks being handed out in one village on the day of the referendum was an attempt to influence the result is laughable.

We are obviously being contrary and our true positions are somewhere in the middle of what we write here.

My issue is with a lack of consistency and definition with regards what represents a populist policy and what is okay. The rice scheme lost money and YS is charged for it, many policies the world over including Thailand do the same. The overriding question is at what point does a policy become not ok?

Its a very arbitrary process and measure, and is clearly being used for political purposes. Otherwise they would be charging many other people.

17 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

We are obviously being contrary and our true positions are somewhere in the middle of what we write here.

My issue is with a lack of consistency and definition with regards what represents a populist policy and what is okay. The rice scheme lost money and YS is charged for it, many policies the world over including Thailand do the same. The overriding question is at what point does a policy become not ok?

Its a very arbitrary process and measure, and is clearly being used for political purposes. Otherwise they would be charging many other people.

She is charged with neglect of management of what became a very expensive, very corrupt and totally useless (in regard to its stated aim) policy. It was an election promise which purported to raise the incomes of a large slab of the population, was claimed to be self-funding, off budget, and outside parliamentary control, with no interim reports on losses (only her false claims).

If you can't see a few problems there, it is because you don't want to.

8 minutes ago, halloween said:

She is charged with neglect of management of what became a very expensive, very corrupt and totally useless (in regard to its stated aim) policy. It was an election promise which purported to raise the incomes of a large slab of the population, was claimed to be self-funding, off budget, and outside parliamentary control, with no interim reports on losses (only her false claims).

If you can't see a few problems there, it is because you don't want to.

Of course there are issues, but there are also massive issues across Thailand's Government sector with procurement, but yet no action is seemingly taken? The police and army very much included.

So my question remains, at what level are some things ok and others not. Its completely arbitrary and being used politically. I am not saying she should not be punished, but if she is they need to set out clear guidelines on what is and is not acceptable and punish all wrong doers, otherwise as it seems now, it is just political prosecution.