Health / Travel Insurance Help

Jaffacake

I'm not sure if this is in the right forum and I tried searching for the answer to my question with no luck.

I'm going to be moving to Bangkok for work next month and the company have said that they will pay for health insurance upon successful completion of the probationary period (3 months)

I will obviously need some cover before then and I was wondering the best way to go about short cover? From my research it seems the cheapest option would be to get travel insurance that covered this period as opposed to private BUPA insurance with a company based there. What I can't work out is if my travel insurance would still be valid despite me being an expat as opposed to being a tourist?

I' m hoping I won't need any hospital trips but if I did I wouldn't want to find out my insurance was void for any reason

Any advice would be much appreciated 

Seriously?  We don't know from which country you hail nor can we see the policy documents of the possible travel insurance policy.

It likely won't be cheaper with travel insurance, as in the event of a claim they will expect to see proof that the length of your trip fits with the length of the term insured. 

7 hours ago, Jiu-Jitsu said:

Seriously?  We don't know from which country you hail nor can we see the policy documents of the possible travel insurance policy.

It likely won't be cheaper with travel insurance, as in the event of a claim they will expect to see proof that the length of your trip fits with the length of the term insured. 

Sorry I wasn't more clear, I'm British and have done quotes for travel insurance for a 3 month period and also quotes with axa and bupa in Thailand for the same 3 month period and the latter is between two to three times the price of travel insurance.

What I was hoping to establish was if the travel insurance would still be valid if a claim was made within the initial 3 month period I had insured myself for? Or if because I was technically not a resident of the UK and not technically travelling it would be void? 

I appreciate all policies are different but I don't have a specific policy yet I just wondered as a rule of thumb what the likely outcome would be.

Thanks

they will want you to start and finish your holiday in the UK, and most travel insurance will exclude work. the only way would be to book a 3 month return air ticket, you would then have proof of return to UK.