4 months later, blacklisted Russian back in Pattaya

rooster59

15 hours ago, Yann55 said:

What bothers me when I read this kind of news is that it proves, one more time, that whatever 'strict measures' are taken to keep the 'bad guys out' (a commendable idea in itself, of course), they only end up annoying the good guys.

I would welcome additional paper work, trackable sim cards and the like if only I were convinced that they serve their purpose, but the fact is, they don't.

There's always a way around strict measures. The burglar is always one step ahead of the cop. Normal people have no idea how to get a fake passport, because they don't need one, but people like this Russian are from a different planet altogether.

Ah well, the biometrics at all border crossings like Malaysia with a quality computer network may not stop them all but it WILL STOP MOST OF THEM who will then go elsewhere.

From an Aussie  perspective Malaysian immigration is fast polite and no problem. 

I bet all these 'strict measures' only make them laugh.

18 hours ago, BWPattaya said:

A friend of mine was deported and blacklisted for life. He changed his name by deed poll legally in the uK. He got a new passport legally. However when he got to immigration in Bangkok they arrested him and he was back on the next plane. 

You must not call every Tom, Dick and Harry FRIEND.

My father told me when I was a kid, "Do not call everyone FRIEND when you come on the end of your life you will find out that you have not had more friends than the fingers on one hand, but more like it will be less". Now some 80-years down the road I have had two (2) friends both now in never ever land (dead). All the other ones amount to nothing more than acquaintances.

15 hours ago, Ulic said:

We are creatures of habit. He probably went back to the same neighbourhood.

That is why he was recognized by neighbours. He probably thought all Farang

look the same to Thai and no chance of being recognized. :P

ummm, I'd say the neighbours were not Thais.

A thai would be too scared to be involved

A falag doesn't get scared in the same way,

especially a non-Russian falang would be over the moon, for the chance to send a Russian crim to the clink

21 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

What may be interesting is that Russia mauy have given him the new passport and told him to go back they don't want the druggies either LOL

Maybe Thailand should take a page out of Bill Orielly's playbook at Fox and put a 5 year minimum in the books if you come back  and are caught.

I think that the BKK Hilton is too nice an accommodation.  I like the previous idea of chain gangs.  for people that have committed drug and serious crimes.

Irt would cut down the costs of the jails, cut down the number of immigrants from other countries and get a lot of grunt work done.

If memory serves.... At the beginning of the Cuban embargo affair, the US supplied boats to evacuate people who wanted out of Havana.... Fidel promptly filled the boats with prisoners, and such dregs of society, and sent them all off to Miami.... To become US citizens.

smooth move, and an unexpected humanitarian twist.

20 hours ago, teacherpaul said:

Both complaints are relevant. Next.

They would be if the complainers were consistent in their complaints, versus crying foul both ways.... Because you just can't have it both ways (or at least that's how I translated the intent of Oxo's post)

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 9:50 PM, Ronuk said:

He won't be walking around Pattaya again for a long time. He was only black listed before. Now he's going away for a good while for passport offences.

Where'd you get that?  I read the linked article and all I saw was that he was being deported (again).  Locking him up for some appropriate period of time does seem like the right way to go however, since he obviously didn't get the message the first time around.

Howemsoever...   I somehow doubt he's the first and only Russian to ever obtain a new passport back home under similar circumstances.  Yann55, you've got the right take on this.

On August 13, 2016 at 5:35 PM, Yann55 said:

What bothers me when I read this kind of news is that it proves, one more time, that whatever 'strict measures' are taken to keep the 'bad guys out' (a commendable idea in itself, of course), they only end up annoying the good guys.

I would welcome additional paper work, trackable sim cards and the like if only I were convinced that they serve their purpose, but the fact is, they don't.

There's always a way around strict measures. The burglar is always one step ahead of the cop. Normal people have no idea how to get a fake passport, because they don't need one, but people like this Russian are from a different planet altogether.

I bet all these 'strict measures' only make them laugh.

Did you read the part of the headline and story that says he was caught? 

I am glad that this guy will be in jail for a while. I hope he

gets to meet a few nice Boy friends and also do some hard labour

while he is in Thailand. I never seen any fat prisoners when I

visited the jail in northern Thailand near Chang Mai

Stargrazer

On 14/08/2016 at 10:26 AM, swerver said:

You must not call every Tom, Dick and Harry FRIEND.

My father told me when I was a kid, "Do not call everyone FRIEND when you come on the end of your life you will find out that you have not had more friends than the fingers on one hand, but more like it will be less". Now some 80-years down the road I have had two (2) friends both now in never ever land (dead). All the other ones amount to nothing more than acquaintances.

I have known him since we were both 17. We went to each others wedding and I am godfather to his daughter. Am I allowed to call him a friend?