200,000 baht reward for information related to bomb attacks

webfact

200,000 baht reward for information related to bomb attacks

image-24-wpcf_728x410.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- A 200,000 baht reward has been offered by the 7th regional police bureau to anyone who can provide useful information which will help police in the investigation of the bomb attacks in Hua Hin, said Pol Gen Pongsapat Pongcharoen, the national deputy police chief, told a press conference on Sunday.

He said it was not necessary that the information provided would actually lead to the arrest of the perpetrator or perpetrators because local authorities might already have some information about it.

The deputy police chief insisted that no bomb suspects have now been held in police custody although some individuals had been invited for questioning and eventually released. However, he said that some individuals had been invited by the military for questioning in accordance with the special law.

So far, only one suspected arsonist has been arrested after the Chiang Mai provincial court issued a warrant for his arrest under suspicion that he was involved in the arson attack at Tesco Lotus department store in Nakhon Si Thammarat, said Pol Gen Pongsapat Pongsathorn, adding that Pol Lt-Gen Tesa Siriwatho, commissioner of 8th regional police bureau, personally questioned the suspect on Sunday.

He said that both Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha and Deputy Prime Minister for Security Affairs Prawit Wongsuwan did not push the police to quickly wrap up all the bombing and arson cases but simply told the police to strictly follow the law in handling the cases.

He said that all the incidents which took place during August 11-13 in seven southern provinces were inter-connected and were perpetrated by an organized movement under the command of an individual whom he declined to identify.

Pol Gen Pongsapat said it was too early to assume the motive or motives of the incidents or to rule out the possibility that the bombing attacks might be perpetrated by southern militants.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/200000-baht-reward-information-related-bomb-attacks/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-08-15

41 minutes ago, Thechook said:

200k  reward, the police will be collecting that and have the case closed before smoko 

You must be an Aussie.

Do you expect everyone to understand - -  smoko ?

This university Thai might collect ....he blames the CIA 

To Your Excellency Ambassador  Glyn T. Davies,  United State Ambassador to Thailand,

I am writing to you on behalf of the Citizen of the Kingdom of Thailand. Our beloved country which maintain her peaceful over centuries till today, even we have our unagreeable issue for a decade, without the supporting in any kind from your country, we are able to govern ourselves in our own way. Therefore, I would like to request you and your country which have less aware of our long lasting history, the pride of our progenitors, and the way of believe in harmony and peaceful, to stay away from our internal issue. And turn your policy to secure your own internal affairs.

In addition, Thailand is situated in the middle of the New World Geography which may benefit for you and the US to use our mother land and soil for any of your Strategic Order, but our nation is a free country where everyone must have stand equally peaceful without any interference from your New World Order Policy.

Recently, your Embassy in Thailand had announced warning to your own people in Thailand to keep out any sensitive area - this may resulted from your Intelligence Agency's alert which you should share to our Government in any sources of news you have to protect the country which your Embassy is located. Inconsiderateness to inform our Government can be interpreted that you want these tragedies to happen to our beloved country and even to our King's nearby habitat.

We, as the Thai Citizens, all know that Hua Hin is the King's beloved town. Thus having the bombs there can not count to any other meaning but your government wants this to happen.

This indeed is very sad to realize the selfishness of you and your local staffs as well as the cruelty and immorality that cause deaths to the innocent citizens and injured travellers who want to come to Thailand and collect the good memories back to their hometown.

I cannot beg anything but only to let you go away from our beloved country. Don’t use Thailand's soil as your delivery base for any kind of battalion. And head back to your own country and do no more Ambassador's job immediately.

Your faithfully,

Sitthichai Parinyanusorn

1 hour ago, Plutojames88 said:

To Your Excellency Ambassador  Glyn T. Davies,  United State Ambassador to Thailand,

I am writing to you on behalf of the Citizen of the Kingdom of Thailand. Our beloved country which maintain her peaceful over centuries till today, even we have our unagreeable issue for a decade, without the supporting in any kind from your country, we are able to govern ourselves in our own way. Therefore, I would like to request you and your country which have less aware of our long lasting history, the pride of our progenitors, and the way of believe in harmony and peaceful, to stay away from our internal issue. And turn your policy to secure your own internal affairs.

In addition, Thailand is situated in the middle of the New World Geography which may benefit for you and the US to use our mother land and soil for any of your Strategic Order, but our nation is a free country where everyone must have stand equally peaceful without any interference from your New World Order Policy.

Recently, your Embassy in Thailand had announced warning to your own people in Thailand to keep out any sensitive area - this may resulted from your Intelligence Agency's alert which you should share to our Government in any sources of news you have to protect the country which your Embassy is located. Inconsiderateness to inform our Government can be interpreted that you want these tragedies to happen to our beloved country and even to our King's nearby habitat.

We, as the Thai Citizens, all know that Hua Hin is the King's beloved town. Thus having the bombs there can not count to any other meaning but your government wants this to happen.

This indeed is very sad to realize the selfishness of you and your local staffs as well as the cruelty and immorality that cause deaths to the innocent citizens and injured travellers who want to come to Thailand and collect the good memories back to their hometown.

I cannot beg anything but only to let you go away from our beloved country. Don’t use Thailand's soil as your delivery base for any kind of battalion. And head back to your own country and do no more Ambassador's job immediately.

Your faithfully,

Sitthichai Parinyanusorn

Can you provide a link to this?  I think it's here:

http://www.thaitribune.org/contents/detail/294?content_id=22156&rand=1471219586

A google search shows the author is a private individual.  Just shows the xenophobic nature of Thais.  Really sad.

2 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

A google search shows the author is a private individual.  Just shows the xenophobic nature of Thais.  Really sad.

If all else fails blame it on the CIA. One private citizen has already found his scapegoat. I bet they had a good laugh reading that one at the Embassy.

On 8/12/2016 at 5:48 PM, Holy Cinema said:

The Russians Intelligence service warned Thailand .........Twice!

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

200,000 baht reward, I saw more money offered for finding a lost dog, much less a terrorists

masterminds who took lives and limbs....

After the last reward in the millions that the cops claimed, it has been reported the RTP wouldn't get out of bed for 200K.

49 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

After the last reward in the millions that the cops claimed, it has been reported the RTP wouldn't get out of bed for 200K.

Yes, this.

Of course, the last reward may have been earmarked even before it was announced. However it is possible this is a real reward and thus is severely scaled down as it may have to actually be handed out to a member of the public. :blink: Not likely though.

9 hours ago, Plutojames88 said:

Your faithfully,

Sitthichai Parinyanusorn

This is a letter of such unfathomable ignorance, once does not even know where to start, to comment on it. To blame the US for these bombings is something that is beyond my ability to comprehend. Can you offer any evidence of such an allegation? Sure, the US may have had intelligence pointing to the possibility of unrest. The charter your country just passed was beyond heinous. Some unrest had to have been expected if it passed. It was an affront to your people. 

The best example of an emotionally undeveloped person, is someone who cannot handle criticism of any sort. You know, in the real world (which you definitely do not live in) we have something referred to as dialogue, criticism, open debate, and discussion. It is usually not considered a personal attack, but rather just a way of communicating our feelings, fears, concerns, and frustrations. Here little of that exists, and if the little man has his way, none of that will be ever permitted ever again. 

In regard to Thailand having maintained her peace over centuries, how conveniently you forget about having allowed the Japanese forces to occupy your country, just 70 years ago. And how you forget the numerous battles with Burma, Cambodia, Laos, and others, for many centuries prior to that.

Just a sampling of the conflicts this nation has been in involved in over the past few centuries:

And let us not mention your continued inability to resolve the long standing problems with the five provinces in the south of the country. 

One can only hope that your claim to have an affiliation with a Thai University is false. Otherwise, we would all have to hold our heads in shame. And if this is true, you are most certainly not a student of Thai history.

And let us not mention your continued inability to resolve the long standing problems with the five provinces in the south of the country. 

One can only hope that your claim to have an affiliation with a Thai University is false. Otherwise, we would all have to hold our heads in shame.

Edited by spidermike007

If this government was  serious, competent, or focused, they would be offering a reward of 10 million baht, or more. The fact that the only reward that is currently being offered is for the paltry amount of only 200,000 baht, speaks volumes. If I were in the government, I would be quite embarrassed over this.

12 hours ago, dcnx said:

8 bombs, several in tourist areas, and not a single frame from a CCTV cam? 

Those things are all over, it's hard to believe not one of them captured anything at all.

everybody sholdremember what happened to that "other" mutli million baht reward was offered> of course the police got it, not the apartment manager who turned in the bombing suspects.

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This is a letter of such unfathomable ignorance, once does not even know where to start, to comment on it. To blame the US for these bombings is something that is beyond my ability to comprehend. Can you offer any evidence of such an allegation? Sure, the US may have had intelligence pointing to the possibility of unrest. The charter your country just passed was beyond heinous. Some unrest had to have been expected if it passed. It was an affront to your people. 

The best example of an emotionally undeveloped person, is someone who cannot handle criticism of any sort. You know, in the real world (which you definitely do not live in) we have something referred to as dialogue, criticism, open debate, and discussion. It is usually not considered a personal attack, but rather just a way of communicating our feelings, fears, concerns, and frustrations. Here little of that exists, and if the little man has his way, none of that will be ever permitted ever again. 

In regard to Thailand having maintained her peace over centuries, how conveniently you forget about having allowed the Japanese forces to occupy your country, just 70 years ago. And how you forget the numerous battles with Burma, Cambodia, Laos, and others, for many centuries prior to that.

Just a sampling of the conflicts this nation has been in involved in over the past few centuries:

One can only hope that your claim to have an affiliation with a Thai University is false. Otherwise, we would all have to hold our heads in shame. And if this is true, you are most certainly not a student of Thai history.

One can only hope that your claim to have an affiliation with a Thai University is false. Otherwise, we would all have to hold our heads in shame.

Ah.... Nice response... And we all know it's pretty well on the money, honey.... But you are aware that it wasn't an article authored by PJ88, aren't you, but rather a reproduction of some tripe penned by a Thai academic { well... Maybe not academic, but someone Thai with ties (:cheesy:) to a university}?

5 hours ago, diddygq said:

The US Government, particularly the CIA needs to sue Sittichai Parinyanusorn for defamation.

https://www.facebook.com/sitthichai.parinyanusorn

yeah a prime example of an educated Thai.  lol. of course the fact that he is capable addressing a letter in angkrit to a USA ambassador makes him a Pee who will be waid at and considered Big for the rest of his egomasturbating but utter ignorant life!

19 hours ago, dcnx said:

8 bombs, several in tourist areas, and not a single frame from a CCTV cam? 

Wrong , CCTV footage has already been released , I even posted some pictures in another thread. 

2 hours ago, Mook23 said:

yeah a prime example of an educated Thai.  lol. of course the fact that he is capable addressing a letter in angkrit to a USA ambassador makes him a Pee who will be waid at and considered Big for the rest of his egomasturbating but utter ignorant life!

Totally agree. I have never met any what might be considered as educated or intellectual Thais with critical faculties and I have worked in the country as a professional.

48 minutes ago, bobbymack said:

Totally agree. I have never met any what might be considered as educated or intellectual Thais with critical faculties and I have worked in the country as a professional.

jup. it starts with 8am and 6pm "flag greeting" [huhu].

u can take the thai out of the rice field but u cannot take the rice field(-mentality) out of the thai............................ not until they have a proper intellectual revolution which is technically forbidden by law. :facepalm:

On August 15, 2016 at 9:37 PM, farcanell said:

Ah.... Nice response... And we all know it's pretty well on the money, honey.... But you are aware that it wasn't an article authored by PJ88, aren't you, but rather a reproduction of some tripe penned by a Thai academic { well... Maybe not academic, but someone Thai with ties (:cheesy:) to a university}?

Can we locate the numskull who wrote the letter, so we can tell him how we really feel? What absolute garbage. The is just no excuse for ignorance on that level. 

10 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Can we locate the numskull who wrote the letter, so we can tell him how we really feel? What absolute garbage. The is just no excuse for ignorance on that level. 

I honestly feel it's worse than that.... Ignorant... xenophobic... Inflammatory and potentially dangerous to all expats and tourists in general.

he needs a Pokemon tracker :whistling:

On 8/15/2016 at 7:08 AM, craigt3365 said:

It took me 20 minutes to stop laughing. He uses words like 'progenitors' to impress, then makes himself look like a tosser because he hasn't even mastered basic grammar.

I suppose this is the output from a Thai University English Course?

Nothing quite to pretentious as a semi-educated Thai 'pooyay'. What a clod...

Winnie

the only properly intellectual *online* Thai I have encountered are on quora, live abroad, and would get attitude adjustment as soon as they set foot on Thailand's soil.  555

intellect implies critical thinking as well as thinking out of the box... both are frowned upon in uniformed LOS.