90 Voa Uk Resident Question.......

Having been to Thailand many times before and have always recieved 30 day VOA

I opened my passport 10 days ago, having just come through immigration and found a 3 month stamp showing admitted till 10 Feb 2007, this was at the new airport.

The visa class is hard to read but looks like W130

The lady actually asked me how long i would be staying and i said around 2 weeks and was expecting to do a visa run after 30 days as i may stay out here to avoid our winters back home!!! (UK)

Can anyone throw any light on this, confirm i am OK to stay??

Thanks for your reply

Confused but hopefull!!

Have we given up correcting the Visa Exempt is not same as VOA?

TH

Love it!!!

:D:D

You are quite right of course TH, but that just amused me - well it is early morning here and :o time!

Having been to Thailand many times before and have always recieved 30 day VOA

I opened my passport 10 days ago, having just come through immigration and found a 3 month stamp showing admitted till 10 Feb 2007, this was at the new airport.

The visa class is hard to read but looks like W130

The lady actually asked me how long i would be staying and i said around 2 weeks and was expecting to do a visa run after 30 days as i may stay out here to avoid our winters back home!!! (UK)

Can anyone throw any light on this, confirm i am OK to stay??

Thanks for your reply

Confused but hopefull!!

You are really confused since as a UK citzen in your "many" trips to Thailand you never once received a "30 day VOA". Did you ever go to the VOA countrer at the old Don Muang airport? If you did, they would have told you get out of there. You got a 30 visa exempt stamp.

Not only that, but you did not follow the commmon sense rule that after entering any country, look at what immigration put in your passport before walking away.

Get down to immigration and get this fixed. Lesson learned.

TH