Truck Driver Trapped and Burned Alive in Pattaya Lorry Crash

webfact

Truck Driver Trapped and Burned Alive in Pattaya Lorry Crash

pat3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- At 4.30am Nongprue Police Department received reports of a collision between two eighteen-wheel trucks on Route 36 at Banglamung, heading towards Rayong.

At the scene fire-fighters tackled a blaze and all three lanes were blocked for sometime.

One of the cabs was completely burned out and rescue workers had to use cutting tools to recover the body of the driver. All documents had been incinerated by the blaze and no identification has been possible.

However, the lorry is known to belong to the SCG Transport Company, registered in Chonburi.

The driver of the second truck, forty-one year old Mr Boonsong Biakratoke, of the Salt Lorry Company, said he was taking a fifty-ton load of salt from Sriracha to Rayong.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/230225/truck-driver-trapped-burned-alive-pattaya-lorry-crash/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-08-16

1 minute ago, emilymat said:

That highway 36 again. It scares the life out of me. Was it a cross over or a u turn, as both cabs appear to have collided.?

Don't know

But you can guarantee stupid behavior of one driver or two has gone on.

That's a big fire ,    was it a gas powered truck ?

5 minutes ago, onemorechang said:

Don't know

But you can guarantee stupid behavior of one driver or two has gone on.

That's a big fire ,    was it a gas powered truck ?

stupid behaviour? these guys are 'TRUCK DRIVERS', not academics. if every truck driver on this planet had a phd, none of them would be driving trucks.

have you ever done a 16 hour trip in an overloaded 30 tonner, getting overtaken and out-breaked by ignorant 'small-car-drivers'?

sit next to me one day on a trip from sydney to perth, it's only a few thousand km's...

every nation on this planet would come to a complete economic stand - still without trucks - and drivers.

Just now, SOTIRIOS said:

....driven past several of these slow-moving behemoths...

...many of them have inadequate lighting....

Doubt if the lighting was at fault or lack of it.

Maybe the popular brake failure BS coming soon ,  to cover up there driving behavior

21 minutes ago, manfredtillmann said:

stupid behaviour? these guys are 'TRUCK DRIVERS', not academics. if every truck driver on this planet had a phd, none of them would be driving trucks.

have you ever done a 16 hour trip in an overloaded 30 tonner, getting overtaken and out-breaked by ignorant 'small-car-drivers'?

sit next to me one day on a trip from sydney to perth, it's only a few thousand km's...

every nation on this planet would come to a complete economic stand - still without trucks - and drivers.

you are way off base! this is not Perth! those roads should be much better than here. being burned alive is a horrible way to die! 

23 minutes ago, manfredtillmann said:

If you were driving overloaded

That puts you in the incompetent bracket. :thumbsup:

You are correct,   i don't think you have a Phd.  :wai2:

23 minutes ago, captspectre said:

you are way off base! this is not Perth! those roads should be much better than here. being burned alive is a horrible way to die! 

no and yes. check out truck fatality statistics for oz, on those roads 'that SHOULD be much better'... and still, truck drivers get killed. because they are chasing the $ and they are not capable of doing anything but driving, and they have massive debts on their rigs and a hungry family at home. there is nothing different here other than a s..t emergency support infra structure.

19 minutes ago, onemorechang said:

If you were driving overloaded

That puts you in the incompetent bracket. :thumbsup:

You are correct,   i don't think you have a Phd.  :wai2:

if you are driving overloaded, chances are who ever pays you overloaded you. and your only way out is to quit your 'contract'. see, how you explain that to your wife and your 4 children, waiting at home for you to put some food on the table.

if you do have a phd - (i feel you don't), perhaps you should consider handing it back in again. you know nothing about real life, and even less about life on the road.

13 minutes ago, manfredtillmann said:

if you are driving overloaded, chances are who ever pays you overloaded you. and your only way out is to quit your 'contract'. see, how you explain that to your wife and your 4 children, waiting at home for you to put some food on the table.

if you do have a phd - (i feel you don't), perhaps you should consider handing it back in again. you know nothing about real life, and even less about life on the road.

Got my Class 1 HGV,   in 1983 never used it after 86.  change of career

never drove illegally  on the roads to my knowledge.

do i need a lesson from you,  no thanks,  your a bad driver as you have shown already

your just making yourself look silly now. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

2 minutes ago, onemorechang said:

Got my Class 1 HGV,   in 1983 never used it after 86.  change of career

never drove illegally  on the roads to my knowledge.

do i need a lesson from you,  no thanks,  your a bad driver as you have shown already

your just making yourself look silly now. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

:cheesy: is that your educated reply? a personal attack based on 'what'?

stick to the topic. if you don't know nothing about trucking, just go and post somewhere else, please.

1 hour ago, manfredtillmann said:

:cheesy: is that your educated reply? a personal attack based on 'what'?

stick to the topic. if you don't know nothing about trucking, just go and post somewhere else, please.

My reply was based on your stupidity.

Have a nice day,   in the cab banging your fists on the wheel at other road users :wai2:

BTW referencing to Perth in Oz on the pattaya forum makes you look  even more silly. :hit-the-fan:

Edited by onemorechang

3 hours ago, emilymat said:

That highway 36 again. It scares the life out of me. Was it a cross over or a u turn, as both cabs appear to have collided.?

"He was driving along a very dark and ‘hilly’ section of road when he felt his lorry hit from behind. "

3 hours ago, manfredtillmann said:

If you are driving 16 hours you are way over the time limit 

As for being overloaded   this is an accident waiting to happen

I was driving heavy vehicles for 32 years in Aus, seen it all and still wonder about some cowboys, both there and here

5 hours ago, onemorechang said:

Doubt if the lighting was at fault or lack of it.

Maybe the popular brake failure BS coming soon ,  to cover up there driving behavior

How could you miss all the green and purple lights these trucks use.

8 hours ago, manfredtillmann said:

Dafuq are you on? These 'godlike' truck drivers you seem to worship are simple minded fools, end.

5 hours ago, tomyumchai said:

Dafuq are you on? These 'godlike' truck drivers you seem to worship are simple minded fools, end.

just remember that remark of yours next time you look at the fully stacked shelves in your supermarket.

all those 'simple minded fools' work hard for you and your leisure, every day of the week.

Posts Discussing Moderation Removed. And yes - I am qualified. Got my Class One license in 1974.

Forum Rule - 10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

17 hours ago, onemorechang said:

......   was it a gas powered truck ?

Seems very likely. I would not want to be sitting every day in a vehicle powered by tanks of compressed inflammable gas, even if they were properly installed and maintained which may not be the case here.