Plus size model auditions for The Face Thailand in a thin-crazed culture

webfact

Plus size model auditions for The Face Thailand in a thin-crazed culture

By Coconuts Bangkok 

13584021_960189554079308_261346472_n.jpg

Photo: @rada_next

BANGKOK: -- The third season of popular modeling show The Face Thailand isn’t even on the air yet, but there are already hopes for who will be on the fourth season next year. Being the only plus-size model who went to the audition, Rada stood out in the group of skinny girls and newly-welcomed transgender models who are, if we’re honest, all really skinny as well.  

Let’s face it, Rada’s chubby — a quality that the thin-crazed Thai entertainment industry doesn’t associate with models.

When the judges asked her why she decided to audition, she gave a stunning reply:

“I came because I have asked myself why there aren’t any plus size models in Thailand. There have been none that graced the magazine covers. So I came looking for a chance to prove to everyone that plus size women can do it too.”

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/08/16/plus-size-model-auditions-face-thailand-thin-crazed-culture

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2016-08-16

Anyway, she has many other option of competitions to take part in .

Eg Ms Jumbo .

If she think she can make her mark in the modelling world, then she need to be realistic how many designers are promoting their XXL size clothings ?

So, when time comes, there is the usual cry baby comments about being marginalized by the industry.

3 hours ago, Smiles said:

Eg Ms Jumbo .

If she think she can make her mark in the modelling world, then she need to be realistic how many designers are promoting their XXL size clothings ?

So, when time comes, there is the usual cry baby comments about being marginalized by the industry.

"So, when time comes, there is the usual cry baby comments about being marginalized by the industry."

Not only that but there will be the usual insensitive and offensive comments from the likes of you about having the Ms Jumbo option.

7 hours ago, Smiles said:

Eg Ms Jumbo .

OH , so says Mr smart arse

Edited by kevvy

10 hours ago, gdgbb said:

"So, when time comes, there is the usual cry baby comments about being marginalized by the industry."

Not only that but there will be the usual insensitive and offensive comments from the likes of you about having the Ms Jumbo option.

There is nothing offensive about my suggestion/option.

She can even have a go at the Miss Universe competition and nobody is going to stop her.

Did you ever wonder why there is such a Miss Jumbo competition in the first place?

Please wake up and smell the coffee!

Be realistic!

ps

The Miss Jumbo competition is set up NOT for me to poke fun with. So, is the organizer wrong in setting up such a competition because they are also offensive and insensitive ??

If you are negative about everything , will you see any positive things people have good intention for ?

2 hours ago, SABloke said:

Nothing about her size...she hasn't got the face for it. I know plenty of beautiful "plus sized" women. She is a bit plain IMHO.

yeah a better example face would have been handy...

this one looks too much like she's madame chicken's daughter