Open Bank Account In Thailand

SCB - Siam Commercial Bank is easy, they will ask for your a work permit and state that you need one, just ignore it and say that you don't need one, and ask to talk to the manager. You can also apply for online banking at the same time (I can advise you to do that) and you will get an ATM card immediately.

SCB - Siam Commercial Bank is easy, they will ask for your a work permit and state that you need one, just ignore it and say that you don't need one, and ask to talk to the manager. You can also apply for online banking at the same time (I can advise you to do that) and you will get an ATM card immediately.

Hmmm, so you are saying : when they asked for your work permit, and you dont have one, then you ask for the manager and then it will all be fine, incl a online banking ?? please teach me how ???

Hmmm, so you are saying : when they asked for your work permit, and you dont have one, then you ask for the manager and then it will all be fine, incl a online banking ?? please teach me how ???

Like I told you, I replied "no, I don't need a work permit, as your manager knows". So I got the bank account within 15 minutes, and online banking, and an atm card. This was about 4 months ago.

I opened a bank account this week with Thai Farmers Bank . All they required was my passport, they filled out the application form, gave me an ATM card and passbook and all done in 20 mins. Cost me 250 baht for the ATM card , that was it. They did not ask for a work permit or any other documentation. :o

I opened a bank account this week with Thai Farmers Bank . All they required was my passport, they filled out the application form, gave me an ATM card and passbook and all done in 20 mins. Cost me 250 baht for the ATM card , that was it. They did not ask for a work permit or any other documentation. :o

Got mine in Kasikorn Bank Nana Branch... asked for a work permit but i just said i didn't have one "yet"...

Like I told you, I replied "no, I don't need a work permit, as your manager knows". So I got the bank account within 15 minutes, and online banking, and an atm card. This was about 4 months ago.

What bank did the online banking for you? I've never had trouble opening a bank account in BKK or CNX, but online they insisted on WP. I'd really like to get the online set up. Thanks.

My understanding is that, though it is more difficult than it was, any foreigner in the Kingdom may legally apply for and set up a Savings Account with Passbook and ATM card at any retail institution. The ATM card will be international, and in some cases will be a full debit card as well.

However, I'm pretty sure that the BoT rules prohibit full-service accounts unless the applicant holds a current WP. Some banks insist that there is an existing banking relationship {usually a savings account running for 6 months prior to application} before issuing a full service account.

Originally TFB aka Kasikorn , & Bangkok Bank, treated internet banking as a full service option, but I believe that this view has been relaxed by other institutions.

Regards