Is G4T still open?

bt2017

8 hours ago, stament said:

what is G4t pray tell....

Company that provides "Visa Services", presumably you and I should have no need to avail their service.

Mrs Stament and Opal will do the runaround on our behalf, wont they?

Isn't that a part of the mall that doesn't open until 11 am?  

How are people suppose to a get to them if they find that all the queue numbers for retirement extensions have been distributed (after they arrived at, say, 6 am) and they still want to get their retirement extension taken care of that same day?  Isn't 11 am a little late even for G4T to be able to "jump the queue"?  And besides, will their potential customers want to wait around between finding that they're left in the cold with queue number distribution at 8:30 am until they can get into the G4T office at 11 am?

Oh, maybe there will still be a G4T "representative" working the Info Desk outside Immigration at that early hour, you suppose?

56 minutes ago, NancyL said:

How are people suppose to a get to them if they find that all the queue numbers for retirement extensions have been distributed (after they arrived at, say, 6 am) and they still want to get their retirement extension taken care of that same day?  Isn't 11 am a little late even for G4T to be able to "jump the queue"?  And besides, will their potential customers want to wait around between finding that they're left in the cold with queue number distribution at 8:30 am until they can get into the G4T office at 11 am?

Oh, maybe there will still be a G4T "representative" working the Info Desk outside Immigration at that early hour, you suppose?

Can't help yourself can you.  And you being always so quick to advise everyone of Thailand's strict defamation laws....Proverbs 26:11

At least the thread can now be safely closed now that you have had your say.....again

Edited by mamborobert

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

I think they will do just fine and find ways to provide good services which are widely acceptable even if you can not imaging how or give your good house keeping seal of approval.

The item below is from Don Webb email

Is G4T Closed???????

RESIDENT CERTIFICATE

I've just learned that G4T has just closed their doors.  They are no longer in business.

AND

Immigration is no longer issuing Resident Certificates.  They got tired of receiving complaints, from Farangs, that it took to long to get the Resident Certificate so now they will no longer provide this service.  This has been the policy at many other Immigration Offices for quite some time now.  Constant complaining from Farangs has created this situation.

You must now get the Resident Certificate from your appropriate Embassy or Consulate. For Americans, the Consulate Form to obtain the Resident Certificate is attached below. The form must be notarized (Cost 1800 Baht).  For some other Nationalities, I understand that the cost to Notarize is more than 1800 baht.

For other Nationalities - contact your appropriate Embassy or Consulate on how to obtain a Resident Certificate

I renewed my Driver's License last week.  I paid G4T 500 Baht and received it the next day.  I guess I was one of the last one's to get the Certificate thru them.  I guess paying G4T 500 Baht wasn't such a bad deal after all.

NOTE:  For Americans, the Consulate in Chiang Mai will be closed from Sept 12 to Nov 1 for renovations.  You must go to Bangkok to get your Resident Certificate during this time.

If you think you will need a Certificate during this period of renovations, I recommend that you obtain your Certificate now as it is good for 6 months from the date of issue.

Hopefully, Immigration will recognize the problem this has caused and start processing Resident Certificate again in the near future.

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

Why jump on me

the immgr dept  has beaten you all ends up , in your senseless  campaign  against them,.

pull up stumps, and their will be no more jumping:D

quite frankly, you have become a bore on the the  immgr dept poor services here in c/mai

P.S. whilst posting,    Hull Gully  above post ,came in , which only confirms constant harassing the immgr dept!!!! gets noboby anywhere

give everyone a break

a nice late arvo to all:)

Edited by evenstevens

29 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

the immgr dept  has beaten you all ends up , in your senseless  campaign  against them,.

pull up stumps, and their will be no more jumping:D

quite frankly, you have become a bore on the the  immgr dept poor services here in c/mai

P.S. whilst posting,    Hull Gully  above post ,came in , which only confirms constant harassing the immgr dept!!!! gets noboby anywhere

give everyone a break

a nice late arvo to all:)

Sometimes there has to be some temporary disruption to work out the "kinks".  Don't know if that's what's happening here, but it appears that someone's running scared.  Or maybe just playing "hide the weenie" for a little while like they've done before.

Meanwhile, you Aussies have your Consular outreach day this Friday, August 19th at Le Meridien Hotel.  Maybe go "stock up" on a Certificate of Residency and Income Letter and be sure to tell the folks at your Embassy why.  A Certificate of Residency is suppose to be a free service provided by your local Thai Immigration office.

30 minutes ago, HullyGully said:

The item below is from Don Webb email

Is G4T Closed???????

RESIDENT CERTIFICATE

I've just learned that G4T has just closed their doors.  They are no longer in business.

AND

Immigration is no longer issuing Resident Certificates.  They got tired of receiving complaints, from Farangs, that it took to long to get the Resident Certificate so now they will no longer provide this service.  This has been the policy at many other Immigration Offices for quite some time now.  Constant complaining from Farangs has created this situation.

You must now get the Resident Certificate from your appropriate Embassy or Consulate. For Americans, the Consulate Form to obtain the Resident Certificate is attached below. The form must be notarized (Cost 1800 Baht).  For some other Nationalities, I understand that the cost to Notarize is more than 1800 baht.

For other Nationalities - contact your appropriate Embassy or Consulate on how to obtain a Resident Certificate

I renewed my Driver's License last week.  I paid G4T 500 Baht and received it the next day.  I guess I was one of the last one's to get the Certificate thru them.  I guess paying G4T 500 Baht wasn't such a bad deal after all.

NOTE:  For Americans, the Consulate in Chiang Mai will be closed from Sept 12 to Nov 1 for renovations.  You must go to Bangkok to get your Resident Certificate during this time.

If you think you will need a Certificate during this period of renovations, I recommend that you obtain your Certificate now as it is good for 6 months from the date of issue.

Hopefully, Immigration will recognize the problem this has caused and start processing Resident Certificate again in the near future.

Sure seemed open when I called them 4 hours ago.

19 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Yes, but did you call them for a Certificate of Residency, or another service?  It seems they have just exited the Cert. of Residency portion of their business.

The article says Immigration stopped issuing CoR, do you have some other reason why you think G4T stopped or is it just blue sky speculation?

Dante -- I was merely asking if Bill called to asked them about a Cert of Residency or another service.  

When I sent Don an email pointing out that G4T had merely moved upstairs and weren't closed, here's what he said:  

A friend of mine went to Promenada today for a Residence Cert.  Since there was no one at G4T, he went inside Immigration, where they were told that G4T was closed.

Apparently the information desk inside Immigration hasn't been informed that they just moved upstairs.

Sure seem to be a lot of clueless people working at Immigration, doesn't there?  Sadly, I suspect it's just a temporary condition, much like when that letter appeared in the Bangkok Post last November and G4T laid low for a week or two.

1 hour ago, Dante99 said:

Thailand is on my ignore list and do not worry, I would not jump on you under anyt circumstances.

You did in Post No. 17 and Post No. 25.  In fact, I consider you a member of my "Fan Club".

Then there was E/S in post No. 20 and Mamborobert in Post. No. 16.   Wonder what happened to HTML or whatever his name is?  Must be offline tonight.  He'll join in soon, I'm sure.

Geesh, talk about on-line stalking.

This UPDATE from Don Web by email

G4T did not close but recently relocated upstairs to the top level of Promenada Bldg. A --near Chi Chang and Samsung stores -- right next to the "Big Camera" shop. 

Unfortunately, they are currently referring folks to their consulates for Residence Certificates. Folks may want to call them at 090-3215005 for latest status, or email [email protected]