Floral Condos

piet pompies

33,000 per square foot is extortionate. I guess you mean per square meter and that would be reasonable for one of the best places in town (the other is the Rimping condo).

I suggest that you take a look at both buildings. Good practice when buying a condo is find out how much the maintenance charge is and what it covers. What the maintenance program is and have a good look around the building to see how well it is being maintained. All common sense really – good luck :o

The Floral is well run compared to other condos in Chiang Mai. The monthly fees are higher than others in CM though, about 21 baht per sq. meter per month the last I heard.

IMHO there are two problems with the location of the Floral. One is the flooding of the neighborhood streets that takes place almost every year during the height of the rainy season. It doesn't last long but can be a real problem for those not driving. The other problem is the noise from the local mosque. Depending on which side of the building you are going to locate, listening to prayer call five times a day can be a distraction.

Rimping will be going through a major facelifting next month and their monthly fees will be 15 baht per sq. meter after the first of the year. The owner of the building is reluctant to hire a building manager for some reason which makes it tough on the co-owners to get things done or log complaints. There is a co-owner's committee that meets every month with the owner and has become a conduit of sorts for getting things done.

The owners (not co-owners) of both the Floral and Rimping have held onto a large number of units and turned them into rentals. The majority of renters are Japanese companies that have businesses in Lamphun and have moved their managemant staff into these units. This has kept the rental prices high for both buildings. The Japanese make excellent tenants.

Hope this snippet of info is helpful.

The Floral is well run compared to other condos in Chiang Mai. The monthly fees are higher than others in CM though, about 21 baht per sq. meter per month the last I heard.

IMHO there are two problems with the location of the Floral. One is the flooding of the neighborhood streets that takes place almost every year during the height of the rainy season. It doesn't last long but can be a real problem for those not driving. The other problem is the noise from the local mosque. Depending on which side of the building you are going to locate, listening to prayer call five times a day can be a distraction.

Rimping will be going through a major facelifting next month and their monthly fees will be 15 baht per sq. meter after the first of the year. The owner of the building is reluctant to hire a building manager for some reason which makes it tough on the co-owners to get things done or log complaints. There is a co-owner's committee that meets every month with the owner and has become a conduit of sorts for getting things done.

The owners (not co-owners) of both the Floral and Rimping have held onto a large number of units and turned them into rentals. The majority of renters are Japanese companies that have businesses in Lamphun and have moved their managemant staff into these units. This has kept the rental prices high for both buildings. The Japanese make excellent tenants.

Hope this snippet of info is helpful.

Please excuse my ignorance. What is a "co-owner" as opposed to an "owner" :o

The owner is the original family (for Rimping) who built the project and as has been pointed out still own something like 65% of the condos. Co owners are the individuals who have bought a condo or two.

PP to answer your question 33k/sq mtr is in line for both Floral and Rimping. There is a condo for sale on the notice board in Rimping if you need to compare condos and prices (and no it isn't mine).

The owner is the original family (for Rimping) who built the project and as has been pointed out still own something like 65% of the condos. Co owners are the individuals who have bought a condo or two.

PP to answer your question 33k/sq mtr is in line for both Floral and Rimping. There is a condo for sale on the notice board in Rimping if you need to compare condos and prices (and no it isn't mine).

Thanks !! :o

Looking to buy in Floral Condo. Any advice appreciated, Good or bad. Seller is asking about 33,000 per Sq ft. Good view. Does anyone live there?

Thought to post here as it is in Chiangmai.

I live in Floral and bought here about three years ago. I know of three units for sale currently, all 2 bed/bath 150 sq metres. West facing units (facing Doi Suthep) run about 6.0 mill whilst East facing units seem slightly cheaper, perhaps because of the Mosque and lack of interesting views. Can highly recommend the on-site management of Floral - does an outstanding job.