Donald Trump defends Milwaukee police shooting

webfact

Donald Trump defends Milwaukee police shooting

MILWAUKEE: -- US Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump says initial evidence suggests the shooting of a black man by police in Wisconsin was justified.

The killing of Sylville Smith, which took place in a predominantly African-American part of Milwaukee on Saturday, led to several days of protests.

"We have to obey the laws or we don't have a country," Mr Trump told Fox News after visiting police in the city.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37102358

-- BBC 2016-08-17

It's usually best to wait for all of the legal/procedural reviews to be completed before passing judgement. But that would require restraint.

The Milwaukee Police Department obviously has a procedure to review all weapons discharges, and more involving the death of citizens. The city/county/local DA might also have a look. There may be a civilian oversight board.

Trump's pronouncements, while totally expected as he such a clueless individual, are a bit like the chaps at the bar blaming the pilot for a plane crash while they're still pulling bodies out.

FWIW, I have never, ever seen nor heard of the "initial evidence" in the police shooting to death of anyone, white, black, red, yellow, being pronounced by the authorities as anything other than "justified". It always starts off as justified, works its way through to several criminal acquittals, then results in a huge civil suit loss by the government (city of Milwaukee in this case). The officer(s) involved usually have to move on.

Edited by mtls2005

12 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

It's usually best to wait for all of the legal/procedural reviews to be completed before passing judgement. But that would require restraint.

The Milwaukee Police Department obviously has a procedure to review all weapons discharges, and more involving the death of citizens. The city/county/local DA might also have a look. There may be a civilian oversight board.

Trump's pronouncements, while totally expected as he such a clueless individual, are a bit like the chaps at the bar blaming the pilot for a plane crash while they're still pulling bodies out.

That is absurd and not based on actual practice of this administration in the least.

obama defends and even attends funerals of black men killed by police all the time in the immediate aftermath.

He goes on national TV and uses disparaging remarks against the Canbridge Sgt based only on the fact the Sgt was white and the professor gates was black.

Your attempt at legitimizing is weak.

My critique would apply to everyone, including President Obama. 

I do not recall him commenting on shooting deaths so soon after the incidents, about the justification, or lack thereof? Yes, he comments, but maybe you are hearing what you want to hear?

I get that you're angry, upset, feeling marginalized, frightened and that you're looking for a change. But maybe come up for air once in a while?

A black criminal with a criminal record and prior incarceration points a stolen gun at a black cop in a black neighborhood and gets himself shot. The blacks in the area respond by burning down their own neighborhood while rioting and destroying police cars etc.

This is in the worst of the worst of a ghetto. The criminals doing the rioting all think they are entitled because they are somehow victims. They think that because the city has been run for decades by Democrats who pander to them for votes and now by Obama who trashes the police any chance he gets.

I have a suggestion. If you don't want to wake up dead in the morning don't point a gun at a cop.

Cheers.

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I do not recall him commenting on shooting deaths so soon after the incidents, about the justification, or lack thereof? Yes, he comments, but maybe you are hearing what you want to hear?

I get that you're angry, upset, feeling marginalized, frightened and that you're looking for a change. But maybe come up for air once in a while?

Nope, I just don't like BS.

Your own included.

7 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Yeah, he definitely doesn't get enough air. 

Trying to be understanding doesn't help. Some want to be angry, upset, feel marginalized, frightened...mostly frightened. 

It sounds justified but it's the Milwaukee PD. Hard to give that PD the benefit of the doubt. The thing to have done is not have said anything but naturally Trump can't help himself. 

Trust Trump to always do the wrong thing. 

8 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Has obama made any statement about the Milwaukee shooting in defense of the officer or against the riots?

Anyone with half a brain would not voice their opinion on this before getting all the facts.  Donald trump is an idiot and demonstrated this time after time...

He invited a Foreign national power to interfere in internal National Politics of the US... (Genius!)

Yes it is important to support law enforcement when they are doing what is right... but blindly supporting law enforcement based on what the are suppose to be and not what they actually are is just beyond idiocy!

This might blow your mind but being anti police brutality corruption doesn't mean you are anti law enforcement.. wow...

9 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Has obama made any statement about the Milwaukee shooting in defense of the officer or against the riots?

It was a black policeman. In all the cases that Obama has intruded into, the cop was white. IMO we won't be hearing from Obama on this one.

He has never uttered one word against the black on black violence in Chicago that I know of, and I don't recollect any statements on previous riots, so I don't expect we will be hearing anything on this one.

As for Trump, there was no need to defend anything. Guy had a gun and was shot in the chest, not in the back. Unless of course the police aurthorities were lying and there isn't vdo evidence.

3 hours ago, speckio said:

Anyone with half a brain would not voice their opinion on this before getting all the facts.  Donald trump is an idiot and demonstrated this time after time...

He invited a Foreign national power to interfere in internal National Politics of the US... (Genius!)

Yes it is important to support law enforcement when they are doing what is right... but blindly supporting law enforcement based on what the are suppose to be and not what they actually are is just beyond idiocy!

This might blow your mind but being anti police brutality corruption doesn't mean you are anti law enforcement.. wow...

Wow...all I asked was if obama had spoken about the Milwaukee violent mob actions.

Do you think your response might have been a little spastic?

i do want to thank you though for speaking on behalf of all those with only "half a brain"...its nice for all of us whole brain types to hear your point of view.

;-)

Edited by ClutchClark

It's time for Ronald Reagan to step in. Or maybe Monica Lewinsky?  Imagine you could only choose one of them and you know how the situation is.

Why not Arnold Schwarzenegger for president? But wait, there's a much more famous guy from Austria with a funny looking mustache and some say that he's still waiting in one of his bunkers in Berlin for the "new world" and their Arien kids with blonde hair and blue eyes.

Dr. Mengele was successful to let the old fart hibernate until somebody just wakes him up and rules the world. Of course excluding Thailand, there's already Prayuth. 

It seems that the world need a new war soon and Muslims will be the winners. 

Edited by lostinisaan

1 minute ago, lostinisaan said:

It's time for Ronald Reagan to step in. Or maybe Monica Lewinsky?  Imagine you could only choose one of them and you know how the situation is.

Why not Arnold Schwarzenegger for president? But wait, there's a much more famous guy from Austraia and some say that he's still waiting in one of his bunkers for the "new world" and their Arien kids with blonde hair and blue eyes.

It seems that the world need a new war soon and Muslims will be the winners. 

The new world war started a few years ago, most people don't realise it yet though.

12 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

No politician would ever comment on an incident like this without a 360º analysis of how it would affect his image with voters…obama has this stuff down pat….he will stride to the mike and basically recount the events as reported…then he'll shake his head wistfully,  stare into the distance, gather himself and say something that can offend no one….along the lines of…" we much watch for violence that seeks to divide and not unite us…."

BS like that.

Unfortunately Mr Trump is still operating like the proprietor of Trump industries…he is too used to people reporting to him in fear of their jobs….his style is... I speak and you do what I say….he needs stronger advisers who should only work for him when he signs a contract saying that he will listen to their advice…but that will never happen.

22 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Wow...all I asked was if obama had spoken about the Milwaukee violent mob actions.

Do you think your response might have been a little spastic?

i do want to thank you though for speaking on behalf of all those with only "half a brain"...its nice for all of us whole brain types to hear your point of view.

;-)

Sorry, but Donald Trump is as thick as a brick. 

On 17/08/2016 at 8:10 AM, mtls2005 said:

FWIW, I have never, ever seen nor heard of the "initial evidence" in the police shooting to death of anyone, white, black, red, yellow, being pronounced by the authorities as anything other than "justified". It always starts off as justified, works its way through to several criminal acquittals, then results in a huge civil suit loss by the government (city of Milwaukee in this case). The officer(s) involved usually have to move on.

".....as he such a clueless individual". You missed the "In my opinion" bit, which is hardly surprising being that you sound like a typical bitter and twisted lefty.

On 8/17/2016 at 8:26 AM, ClutchClark said:

That is absurd and not based on actual practice of this administration in the least.

obama defends and even attends funerals of black men killed by police all the time in the immediate aftermath.

He goes on national TV and uses disparaging remarks against the Canbridge Sgt based only on the fact the Sgt was white and the professor gates was black.

Your attempt at legitimizing is weak.

Can you post a link to Obama attending the funeral of even one black man killed by police, much less all the time? In fact Obama attended the funerals of both the Dallas and Baton Rouge murdered police officers. 

Also, in the Professor Gates case Obama not only did not use "disparaging" remarks, but pointedly said he did not know what factor race played in the case. He did say he thought the police acted "stupidly " and explained why he thought that. 

Your attempt to misquote, misconstrue and out right lie about Obama's words and  actions are what is very weak.

TH 

However, Obama continued, "I don't know, not having been there and not seeing all the facts, what role race played in that [Gates case]. But I think it's fair to say, number one, any of us would be pretty angry; number two, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home; and, number three, what I think we know separate and apart from this incident is that there's a long history in this country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately. That's just a fact."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=8148986&page=1

American left-liberals for decades did their best to convince black (and other minorities) that they can do anything and the fault always be white's.

the most discriminated person in the modern US is the white christian straight healthy male of a childbearing age. no wonder that the percentage of them in a whole population decreases for decades.

white adult healthy straight men is the most discriminated minority in the US.

this is what founding fathers fought for?!

American left-liberals for decades did their best to convince black (and other minorities) that they can do anything and the fault always be white's.

the most discriminated person in the modern US is the white christian straight healthy male of a childbearing age. no wonder that the percentage of them in a whole population decreases for decades.

white adult healthy straight men is the most discriminated minority in the US.

this is what founding fathers fought for?!

On 17 สิงหาคม 2559 at 8:40 PM, lostinisaan said:

Sorry, but Donald Trump is as thick as a brick.

Perhaps, but he's a very, very rich brick with drop dead gorgeous daughters and wife, and lives in a very, very nice house and travels in his own big plane. If he loses he just goes back to being a very rich businessman and he'll be laughing all the way to the bank about people that make silly insults about him.

Do you really think he NEEDS to be putting himself out there to take all that garbage?

On the other hand, if he wins, there's going to be a lot of professional politicians crying when they lose their cushy life and have to get a real job.